blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:44:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com London EPT: Day 1A - At A Glance
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com London EPT: Day 1A - At A Glance  (Read 8815 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2007, 12:29:55 AM »

Hello and welcome to the blonde poker's live update for the Pokerstars.com London EPT at the Grosvenor Victoria in London.

This is the At A Glance thread. Only posts from the update team will be available on this thread. If you would like to interact with this week's updates, then please see our interactive thread by clicking here

Play for the £5,200 Main Event commences at 1pm.

Already spotted:

Jani Sointula
Patrick Antonius
Martin Wendt
Dave Colclough
Marc Goodwin
Ben Johnson
Mark Vos
C Blanco
Sylvester Geoghegan
Nikolaus Jedlicka
Peter Hedlund
Paul Testud
Kevin O'Leary
Andreas Hoivold
John Kabbaj
Ben Roberts
Vicky Coren
Barny Boatman
Andreas Hagen
Dario Miniei
Mats Iremark
Pascal Perrault
Thomas Fougeron
Jonas Molander
Jeff Kimber
Jeff Burke
Tim Flanders
Christer Johannson
Dag Martin Mikkelsen
Mark Teltscher
Jimmy Fricke
Michael Greco
Nicolas Levi
Arnaud Mattern
Fabrice Soulier
Jeff Lisandro
Luca Pagano
Katja Thater
Scott Fischman
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 01:35:10 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 02:00:22 PM »

And the first exit of the day...

drum roll please...

... is

Rasmus Nielsen

Set over set, Nines v Kings on a K-9-7 Flop.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 03:32:12 PM »

A few early chips counts:

Mats Iremark -- 12,500
Jonas Molander -- 12,500
Christer Johansson -- 9,950
Jon Lundberg -- 9,950
Trobjorn Jonson -- 7,925
Viktor Wessman -- 9,200
Ola Brandbom -- 7,625
Mickey Wernick -- 10,800
Paul Gourlay -- 9,800
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 03:48:43 PM »

A few players have been getting antsy in their pantsy during these early stages, but with good reason. The first exit of the day was a bone-crunching set over set confrontation and the trend has continued, Christopher Convery being bashed down to the felt by the foreboding bracelet winning paw of Jeff Lisandro, the Italian dominating with 8-8 v 7-7 on a T-8-7 Flop. Ouch!
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 03:51:54 PM »

News of an early bath im afraid for Harry Demetriou (ABS NO RELATION WHATSOEVER).

He took a hit the very first hand, losing about 3,500 with AK and Harry, not one for sitting tight and waiting for cards turned into a raise machine.  Unfortunately, a few reraises later and Harry says "I was fed up of getting pushed around, so I had a rush of blood"

With only 3,600 left he raised it up with K10 only for Jonas Molander to put him all in with a more exciting AK.  Harry called and was then retelling me the sorry story from the rail, he wasi in fine spirits tho and just called his exit "self inflicted stupidity"

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 03:52:45 PM »

"Katja Thater scares me," confesses media mogul Mad Harper here in the pressroom.

Well, if she makes her way up here, we'll certainly have reason to be hiding underneath our tables as she's just been eliminated, finding A-J on an A-A-4 Flop but running into an A-4 and failing to hit one of her three outs.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 04:03:32 PM »

Whilst getting entertained by Harry we had a dejected Jeff Burke join in the conversation.  Sorry to a huge part of Wales but he is out:

Jeff raised it to 325 from middle position with  and was called in 1 spot.  The flop came

Jeff bet 525 and was just called again.  The turn was

check, check  River

Needless to say all the chips went in cos mateboy had called Jeff's preflop raise with    

OUCHIE.  He was laughing and smiling away tho, shame more people weren't as bubbly as Jeff.  Thankfully I managed to snap him precomp with his first namesake Jeff Kimber;

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 04:31:09 PM »

Hector Fuentes -- 26,500
Daniel Margas -- 13,800
Luis Sevilla -- 17,225
Sebastian Saffari -- 7,450
Andrew Dwyer -- 9,600

If Swedish pro Chris Bjorin (5,200) had moved to Ireland instead of London, they would have snapped him up in a second, so I'm going to adopt Mr Bjorin as a UK player, which is something that I can no longer do to his neighbour, Donnacha O'Dea (4,250), the former Olympic swimmer having cemented his status as an Irish legend a long long time ago.

Meanwhile, my attention is diverted towards another British player, last year's Champ and eye-popping sex-kitten Vicky Coren. She's not fairing quite so well just yet, her stack being knocked down to 6.3k after being re-raised off a board. She quickly turned to tablemate and long time buddy Barny Boatman to discuss the hand, but he's still wearing a constant smile from accumulating a nice chunky 21,675 stack.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 04:38:19 PM »

Andrew Dwyer a Paddy Power qualify hasnt come here to make up the numbers, he is tangling in a lot of pots especially with Mark Teltscher on his table it aint pretty.  I walked by just as Teltscher pushed his remaing 3,000 or so in the middle against Dwyer.  The board was 

three diamonds  three clubs

Whilst Dwyer was in the think tank, Teltsher didnt seem to have a care in the world, even found the time to chuck a wink in my direction hehe.  Maybe Dwyer took read into that somehow but anyway he made the call leaving himslef only 3k back with 

Mark nonchelently turns over his ladies    and recieves the pot after a nothing turn.

Dwyer down to 3,000
Teltscher a healthier 9,600

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 04:40:12 PM »

Scott Fischman, who has followed in the pie-eating footsteps of his former crew member Dutch Boyd, has just doubled up courtesy of young Aussi Mark Vos.

The catherine wheel imploded on the turn of a board, Joshua Tyler betting 2k, Fischman making it 4.2k and Vos unhesitatingly sticking in another raise to 7k. Whilst Tyler quickly folded Fischman wasn't so keen to release his hand, and understandably so as he shoved in his remaining chips and revealed a menacing pair of Nines.

Sensing his fate as Fischman called quicker than a jet-propelled Linford Christie, Vos dejectedly flipped over his and begrudgingly passed over the surplus chips on the River.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 04:47:38 PM »

Christer Johansson - 16,000
Roy Brindley  -  6,300
Andreas Hoivold  -  9,500
Brandon Schaefer  -  7,550
Dario Minieri  - 10,100
Jeffrey Rodgers  -  6,125
Johnny Lodden - 9,100
John Kabbaj  -  5,600
Tim Flanders  -  14,000
Dave Colclough  -  5,200
Chris Moneymaker  -  32,100
Mehmet Cinar  - 29,700

Not confirmed but its looking like Moneymaker may be heading the way as early chip daddy.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 04:50:40 PM by Chili » Logged

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 06:11:24 PM »

Thanks Jen.

I got news from Luca Pagano about his neighbour Mick McCool's very early exit in the first 30 mins. Although I jested about these 2 earlier, McCool's exit would have had me crying and booting toilet doors (no, I have never done that, honest!!)

There was a raise and 3 callers, one of them being McCool with  .  The flop brought a glorious

Mateboy holding  bet half the pot and McCool called.  The turn was the glorry  and at the this point all the chips went in.  Mateboy trips obviously had outs but the 4th 8 on the river for quads must have sickened McCool and he was gone gone.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 06:20:55 PM »

Ben Johnson has raced out of this comp... raced in the sense of gone crashing out rather than coinflipping, which he was far from doing as his Sevens failed to hit against pretend Englishman Nicolas Levi's dominating Kings.

-----------

Whilst John Tabatabai is yet to repeat his WSOPE form with 8,800, Donnacha O'Dea is either multi-tabling the cash games or actually out of the comp - I'd go with the latter.

------------

Johnny Lodden has just clashed with a fellow Norwegian, Henning Granstad, know to some as Granismo, calling a river bet on a two spades and being shown three clubs by Mr bad_ip.

Meanwhile, I managed to grab a few choice chip counts. I'll plow through the crowd more thoroughly on my next outing:

Daniel Mangas -- 7,100
Christopher Andler -- 13,050
Paul Christofferson -- 11,950
Macus Friman -- 8,125
Raymi Sanchez thorn -- 6,000
Niklas Svensson -- 11,900
Jon Lundberg -- 9,300
Raul Mestre -- 6,300

I'm afraid we've lost sight of Saffari, players seem to be moving around like a swarm of frantic bees.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 06:37:33 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 07:17:55 PM »

A Couple of exits, Vicky Coren found her self a bit short and pushed with AJ but was met with AK and left stage right.

Also Luca Pagano pushed his shortish stack with AK but nastilly walked into AA, no miracles for Luca sadly  Angry

Pascal Perrault  26,500
Jeff Lisandro  22,000
Martin Wendt   3,200
Marc Goodwin   36,200
Liam Flood  9,600
Mark Voss  33,500
Matts Iremark (in Coren's old seat)  2,500
Michael Greco  24,000
Jani Sointula  4,000
Brandon Schaefer  9,500
Jeff Kimber  12,600  (says he has turned into Julian, been down to 5k upto 22k a couple of times)

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 07:25:04 PM »

RAIL REPORT

As the field thins, the barman is becoming less and less cheery as he is sent running frantically back and forth across the bar to cater for all the grumpy departures that want to drown their sorrows. One of those players is the Geordie Rocket Man himself, Paul Gourlay, who after folding A-9 to a raise and a re-raise (both had Big Slick) only to find the Flop come A--9-x, angrily (or so he'd have them think) chucked in his last 2.8k to a 900 raise with Pocket Tens. Mateyboy called the extra 1.9k and showed Q-J, which subsequently hit to send Gourlay hurtling towards the bar in search of a pint of Newcastle Brown Ale.

Henning Granstad is another name that can be added to the increasingly overcrowded rail. He needs to butter one side of his coin, because after losing two coinflips with A-Q vs. J-J and J-J vs. Schaefer's A-Q, the Norwegian master is now watching from the sidelines.

"I'm starting to get sick of poker," he cried. "Right, where are the cash tables?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: