blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:41:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Late Position push
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Late Position push  (Read 1200 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2007, 08:34:06 AM »

I go out from tourneys way too often with this sort of hand pushing from late position. Should I just raise 2.5/3xbb to get away from a RR or is this a standard play to keep making? its from the $100rb on stars, I'm Andr4w.

PokerStars Game #12284827581: Tournament #61820124, $100+$9 Hold'em No Limit - Level X (400/800) - 2007/09/26 - 16:40:52 (ET)
Table '61820124 26' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: Boykee (12424 in chips)
Seat 2: vikash24 (12108 in chips)
Seat 3: BrynKenney (19125 in chips)
Seat 4: Pwnasaurus (63130 in chips)
Seat 5: stevie444 (34113 in chips)
Seat 6: AJKHoosier1 (11398 in chips)
Seat 7: Andr4w (9006 in chips)
Seat 8: smokingjoep (27907 in chips)
Seat 9: JOEYTHEB (7053 in chips)
Boykee: posts the ante 75
vikash24: posts the ante 75
BrynKenney: posts the ante 75
Pwnasaurus: posts the ante 75
stevie444: posts the ante 75
AJKHoosier1: posts the ante 75
Andr4w: posts the ante 75
smokingjoep: posts the ante 75
JOEYTHEB: posts the ante 75
JOEYTHEB: posts small blind 400
Boykee: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Andr4w [ Ah]
vikash24: folds
BrynKenney: folds
Pwnasaurus: folds
stevie444: folds
AJKHoosier1: folds
Andr4w: raises 8131 to 8931 and is all-in
smokingjoep: raises 8131 to 17062
JOEYTHEB: folds
Boykee: folds
*** FLOP *** [ Two Diamonds]
*** TURN *** [ Two Diamonds] []
*** RIVER *** [ Two Diamonds ] []
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Andr4w: shows [ Ah] (high card Ace)
smokingjoep: shows [ ] (high card Ace - King kicker)
smokingjoep collected 19737 from pot
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 03:56:56 PM »

With the antes this looks totally standard to me , good push.
Paullie_D
APAT Travel Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 04:08:09 PM »

You're down to less than 10xBB+Antes...AceTen in late position looks awful good..don't blame you for pushing IN THIS INSTANCE.

Obvioulsy the AK guy figured that you were pushing with any Ace-Rag and saw his opportunity. Just bad luck.

I go out from tourneys way too often with this sort of hand pushing from late position.

Perhaps this is an area that needs review. Use a tracker on your hand history to see what result you get.

Wait...What!?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 04:27:23 PM »

You're down to less than 10xBB+Antes...AceTen in late position looks awful good..don't blame you for pushing IN THIS INSTANCE.

Obvioulsy the AK guy figured that you were pushing with any Ace-Rag and saw his opportunity. Just bad luck.

I go out from tourneys way too often with this sort of hand pushing from late position.

Perhaps this is an area that needs review. Use a tracker on your hand history to see what result you get.

indeed..you might also want to ask why you get down to 10BB's that often. AK guy is of course never going to fold so this hand is rather irrelevant but the question is why you get knocked out too often pushing in late position.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 04:57:47 PM »

Pretty standard push IMO, although I also like to mix it up with hands like these and raise to a pot committed amount (same as pushing if re-popped) as it often looks stronger than a shove to opponents.
johnbhoy76

It's f***in boring after a while without the cards

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 05:21:03 PM »

Pretty standard push IMO, although I also like to mix it up with hands like these and raise to a pot committed amount (same as pushing if re-popped) as it often looks stronger than a shove to opponents.

Was just about to say the same.

A bet of 3xBB implies a stronger hand IMHO. In this specific case it wouldn't matter as the guy with AK is going nowhere.

But the problem I have with pushing here is that you will almost never be called by a worse hand and you will quite often be called by a hand that has you in big trouble like AK, AQ, AJ.

I'd rather shove with absolute junk than AT in this spot. My thinking is that you will make the same range of hands fold to your bet BUT if the likes of AK, AQ etc.. call then you are in far better shape than you were with AT.

Also I think a bet of 3xBB will get the same range of hands to fold so If I get put all in when I make it 3xBB with my AT then I have a decision based on pot odds, opponents range of hands, Tournament situation etc....

I think you can still fold here if you are re-popped after making it 3xBB and pick up the blinds and ante's on the next few hands if/when you get the chance.

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem
You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham
So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook
Yeah, yeah, yeah
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 07:38:23 PM »

Was just about to say the same.

A bet of 3xBB implies a stronger hand IMHO. In this specific case it wouldn't matter as the guy with AK is going nowhere.

But the problem I have with pushing here is that you will almost never be called by a worse hand and you will quite often be called by a hand that has you in big trouble like AK, AQ, AJ.

I'd rather shove with absolute junk than AT in this spot. My thinking is that you will make the same range of hands fold to your bet BUT if the likes of AK, AQ etc.. call then you are in far better shape than you were with AT.

Also I think a bet of 3xBB will get the same range of hands to fold so If I get put all in when I make it 3xBB with my AT then I have a decision based on pot odds, opponents range of hands, Tournament situation etc....

I think you can still fold here if you are re-popped after making it 3xBB and pick up the blinds and ante's on the next few hands if/when you get the chance.

Good post!

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 03:39:03 AM »

Honestly Woodsey...... I make it 3BB. I want 2 opportunities to win the hand as im going ai on any flop. If he rr im not passing, but i like 2 opportunities to win, with or without a hand. Fundamentally, nothing wrong, although i prefer pushing with a 5s6s type of hand here, im not pushing A10 for value, most hands that call have me crushed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: