blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:22:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Belfast Cavendish Tournament - Main Event
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Belfast Cavendish Tournament - Main Event  (Read 17275 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2005, 11:34:48 PM »

excuses excuses

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Foxy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2005, 11:39:39 PM »

ul julian i heard you had a bad bad beat Cry
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2005, 11:44:18 PM »

not really a bad beat, had no chips, id'a called in his shoes.

i felt like tk, 7 hours of play, chips fluctuated between 9 & 12k.

so what was that gay bar like then?
Foxy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2005, 11:51:01 PM »

Julian this is a public forum you could have text me that question in privite Embarrassed , there was no where to get a drink and a mans goto do what a mans goto do Grin 
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2005, 11:51:46 PM »

Here's maybe a clue as to why I rarely get deep-stacked in comps, this is a hand that, by general concensus, I played badly.

I limp with 3-3, little knowing that Matey Boy (nice lad from Cork) has KK. Flop is 8-6-3 rainbow, perfect. Matey Boy bets, I smooth call. Turn comes another 6, I have filled up now. He checks, so do I.

River comes another 8, so 3-6-8-6-8. Don't like the turn, there are two overpairs to my set, I am losing to any 6 or 8. Matey Boy checks, I bet 3k, he has a total of 9k, he calls, & I take the pot.

Most shrewd judges, Carlo Citrone included, who was at the table, think I should have bet the turn, & moved all-in on the end & got properly paid.

But I did not want to lose him, & could not put him on KK, (he limped pre-flop) but I guess I left a good bit of money behind & sholda busted the guy for another 6k

I guess this is one of my "leaks", not getting properly paid when I have the goods. I saw danger that was not there.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Foxy

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2005, 12:06:14 AM »

interresting hand there Tikay I would have been all in pre flop with poket threes its a monster hand in my book Cool
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2005, 12:06:48 AM »

i cant see this mircodisney moving many chips

infact he dont look like he has any

have i missed a bad beat or a bit of bad timing?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2005, 12:11:06 AM »

It was the worst kind of timing, he moved in on a raggedy flop with a pair only to find matey-boy sitting with top set !

Ooops !

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TheDoc12345

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2005, 12:40:14 AM »

Good luck Paul !!

Luke & Claire....
CelticGeezeer

Viva la Quinta Brigada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2005, 01:17:32 AM »

I hear it was a four way deal Cool
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 01:23:33 AM by CelticGeezeer » Logged

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2005, 01:24:12 AM »

Well that's Paul Jackson, Mal Dawson, Paddy McCloskey & Darren Baine. A great comeback by Paul Jackson, who was second lowest chip opvenight. And a terrific result for Mal, who was very kind in giving me a lift back to my hotel this morning. I am afraid I don't think I know the other 2 guys, but well done to all of them!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2005, 05:55:08 AM »

I forgot to mention earlier that our buddy & blondeite Stuart Fox was there too. Sorry Stu!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2005, 01:29:18 PM »

Here's maybe a clue as to why I rarely get deep-stacked in comps, this is a hand that, by general concensus, I played badly.

I limp with 3-3, little knowing that Matey Boy (nice lad from Cork) has KK. Flop is 8-6-3 rainbow, perfect. Matey Boy bets, I smooth call. Turn comes another 6, I have filled up now. He checks, so do I.

River comes another 8, so 3-6-8-6-8. Don't like the turn, there are two overpairs to my set, I am losing to any 6 or 8. Matey Boy checks, I bet 3k, he has a total of 9k, he calls, & I take the pot.

Most shrewd judges, Carlo Citrone included, who was at the table, think I should have bet the turn, & moved all-in on the end & got properly paid.

But I did not want to lose him, & could not put him on KK, (he limped pre-flop) but I guess I left a good bit of money behind & sholda busted the guy for another 6k

I guess this is one of my "leaks", not getting properly paid when I have the goods. I saw danger that was not there.

to be fair the limper was the one who played this awfully, not you....his bet on the flop didn't find out where he was, checking on the turn is no help either and he hasn't to call on the end because you had to be playing 33,66 or 88

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
colhandluke

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2005, 03:30:46 AM »

no problem about the lift tony would have like to have seen you at the final but there's always the next time.
p.s. finished 3rd 18,000+ the richer no different had i won it.i'm happy lookin forward to the next 1

all the best mal

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: