blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:54:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Baden EPT: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Baden EPT: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 19364 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 02:18:04 PM »

And so as not to show sexual bias, here is floppy, aka Chris Hall (according to google Images).

Who, in the sweet name of bippy, is that?

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 02:32:26 PM »

Peter Gould who was 12th here last year, just knocked out Adrian Koy with Sevens vs Ace King on an 8-2-3-2-8 board. Meanwhile it looks as though his son, Josh, is out after that early trips vs trips encounter.

Andreas 'Woodstock' Hoivold, who suffered a slow first day where he lost a lot of chips has steadily been regaining ground. He just bet 10k out on the river of a board to take a 25k pot.

Bill Edler and Phillip 'Clap Your Hands Say' Yeh. (I can't believe that nickname hasn't caught on yet...)

Hevad 'Rain' Khan (WSOP finalist and '22 stt's at once' player) and Ram Vaswani. I'm awaiting a 'Battering Ram' or 'Wrath of Khan' moment here.

Janne Juutilainen just came over the top of Dan Pedersen's 6k bet on a three diamonds board for around roughly the same amount. Pedersen dwelled for ages, but was forced to call with his 9's, miles behind the American Airlines of Janne which stayed good and gave him a 30k pot. Here's a picture of the pot-winner, looking as though he's aiming to be the first man with no neck or chin to win an EPT.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 02:37:01 PM »

He's looking a bit like the cat that swallowed the canary.  lol  Wondering if maybe he just luckboxed and dished out a bad beat to someone? 

Yes, it does seem a bit like an expression of, again, mild constipation. He's now the clear chip leader on table 10, munching continuously on the more-or-less-microstack canaries that surround him. Some of those chips came from a young and unidentified now-a-microstack-owing-to-this-hand gent, who dared to bet 10.6k into a 15k+ pot on a board, only to fold when Julian impassively moved all in. He kept that same expression on his face the whole time. Mmm. Canary. Hope he's brought Rennies.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 02:43:36 PM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 02:42:58 PM »

Chris Bush is short again, on about 6.5k. Also looking a bit vertically challenged is the stack of Matt Tyler - he told me to say he was on 70k, but he's actually on around 7k. Not quite desperate yet, but perhaps a little worried. He filled me in on Barny Boatman's exit though. Apparently Barny called a raise with 7-9 on the button, and the flop came Q-9-x. the turn came another 9, and there was a bet. Barny pushed with his trips and his opponent called with K-Q. River another Queen. Ouch.
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 02:49:47 PM »

top updates as usuall

good luck Julian..would be nice present for your up and coming birthday.

how is dave colclough getting on please
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 02:51:31 PM »

top updates as usuall

how is Dave Colclough getting on please

Thanks! I'll run up and check. In the meantime here's a photo I took earlier.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 03:09:21 PM »

Dave Colclough is on about 22k. Here he is again.

Players are now on a 10 minute break. When they go back the blinds will be 400/800/100 ante. 102 players now remain, average chips 27,647.

As they went to break, a very brief burst of "The Entertainer" exploded over the PA, in a totally slapstick fashion. Bizarre.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »

Just before the break, I saw Daniel Mangas move in for 10,775 on top of Philip Yeh's button raise to 1700. Yeh eventually folded. He looked a bit sheepish. Mangas looked incredibly relieved.

Click to see full-size image.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 03:13:21 PM »

The craziest story of today is the complete implosion of Sander Lyloff, we're in the end of level 8 (300/600/75) and he has gone from 66k and chip leader to OUT.

After doubling up Richard Ashby twice, giving some chips to Raul Mestre Lleida, he then sent another 8k to Peter Gould
whose was good on a 2-J-Q-9-7 board vs the Austrian's A-T.

His last 275 went in with T-8 vs 7-4 and there was only ever going to be one winner there.

And from the biggest faller, we go to probably one of the biggest climbers. Surinder Sunar started today with around 8.5k, not the shortest but certainly not healthy, now he's on around 40k, roughly the same as John Shipley.

The new chip leader was thought to be Acar Mazlum, who had built up his stack to 75k, mostly at the cost of the Finns on his table, Antonius and Wahlroos. However he just gave Antonius back some chips, putting the pin-up boy all-in with x against Antonius' on a two spades board, spiking the flush on the turn with the , only to have Antonius hit the river to fill up.

Mazlum then doubled up Paul Testud, Kings vs Ace Queen, and the Frenchman hit both his hole cards.

Matt Tyler received a bit of luck, a player in seat 5 raised, and was called by the button, Matt pushed with Tens and the original raiser pushed too, forcing the button to release Jacks. The OR showed A-7(!)

Barry Greenstein is OUT. At least he can go home and and record more videos of his house now. Smiley

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »

Also last year's third place finisher Dario Minieri made his exit shortly before the break, pocket Fours against pocket Queens. A handshake and no hard feelings. What a gent. I like his scarf too. Doesn't he look small next to the scary lady looking down her perfectly powdered nose at him?

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 03:19:21 PM by danafish » Logged
quantify

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 03:29:54 PM »

any chipcount for tiny sperical head tyler and thewy please
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 03:31:27 PM »

And from the biggest faller, we go to probably one of the biggest climbers. Surinder Sunar started today with around 8.5k, not the shortest but certainly not healthy, now he's on around 40k, roughly the same as John Shipley.

How many times on these updates over the last few months has Surinder been climber of the day? If he ever gets off to a flyer in a comp he'll be unstoppable.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 03:32:37 PM »

Shock news

Dario Minieri, 12 year old poker Pro, takes day off from school but teacher nabs him in the end

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2007, 03:45:38 PM »

any chipcount for tiny sperical head tyler and thewy please

The roundheaded Tyler is on 13k, though not playing in a cavalier style...

Thewy Towers looks to be roughly 40k.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2007, 03:50:59 PM »

Mark Vos is OUT, he lost most of his stack holding Jacks and Fives with vs Pascal Perrault's on a board and departed shortly afterwards. I believe he 'blamed it on the boogie'. And he certainly wasn't playing 'ABC' poker and left thinking 'I want you back' about his poker chips.

Ok, I'll stop now.

Luca Pagano, who is also a bustee, summed it up perhaps more easily when he saw the board...

"Ouch."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 03:55:55 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: