blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:07:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Baden EPT: Day 2 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Baden EPT: Day 2 - At A Glance  (Read 12732 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2007, 07:05:03 PM »

Unsure who this guy is, but he just got a double up in a little odd circumstances. Raul Mestre Lleida raised to 3,600 from UTG+1. Peter Gould in the next position calls, and after a dwell Janne 'The Chinless Wonder' Juutilainen calls too. Passed to this guy in the small blind, who immediately declares all-in for about 18,000 or so. Lleida moves all-in quickly too, Gould and Juutilainen pass quickly.

Lleida flips his Eights, the small blind flips the less than stellar .

Board:

As the board came out, Peter Gould sighed, "I'd have flopped the nuts..."

Incidentally, Richard Ashby has also doubled up through Lleida with against . Ashby got up out of his seat, the custom of a player whose about to win the hand no matter how far ahead or behind he is.

The flop came:

three clubs

Peter Gould told him, "Sit back down."

Blanks on the turn and river ensured Ashby's presence in the tournament for a little while longer.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2007, 07:12:23 PM »

Added to the MIA list:

Bill Edler
Mats Iremark

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2007, 07:30:34 PM »

Richard Ashby's double-up didn't last long. He makes it 3600 preflop, and the grey-hoodied gent below, whom I should probably know but don't, called him.

Flop -

Ashby insta-all-ins himself for about 20k, and Mr Hoodie instacalls.

Ashby -

Mr Hoodie - 

Turn - and it's all over, notwithstanding the on the river.

This leaves Ashby pretty much crippled - he's down to 10k or so. Furthermore, the totally unnecessary burst of The Entertainer now tells us that that blinds are up to 800/1600 with a 200 ante, and it's now Ashby's big blind. "The blinds are up this hand?" he half protests. It folds around to Peter Gould, who bets enough to put him all in, but only small blind nanostack The Chinless Wonder calls for his remaining thousand or two; Ashby folds.

Chinless Scarf Man - 

Peter Gould - 

Board -

Chinless Man is OUT. Ashby remains, for the moment, in.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2007, 07:40:59 PM »

Meanwhile Roman Yitzhaki is doing pretty well. Daniel Mangas raised preflop, and Roman called, throwing his chips into the middle with rather more force than looks cool. He looked a bit surprised at the clatter they made. Is he mainly an online player?

Anyway, the flop comes down  Two Diamonds and Mangas bets. Roman calls.

Turn - - they both check.

River - - and now, perhaps sensing weakness, or perhaps having an Eight, or something, Roman bets 12k. Daniel folds fairly quickly.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2007, 07:43:38 PM »

Calvalcade of action now. Julian Thew down to 70k after coinflipping his Jacks versus a short-stack's Ace King for a 30k pot.

Matt Tyler has doubled through Age Spets.

Spets made it 4,100. Another player called, Matt moved in for 19,500. Spets called and the other player passed.

"You've probably got me," said Matt as he turned over . Spets showed which no doubt relieved Matt a little.

Flop:

"An eight..."

Turn:

"Or a king too..."

River:

Matt up to about 48k, Age still has 85k.

Ram Vaswani is OUT.

Gone at the hands of Phillip Yeh in a classic T-2 vs J-3 battle, I'm guessing the preflop action was Ram button stealing with two hearts and Phillip Yeh attempting to play back at him with from the small blind with three diamonds. The flop came:

three clubs

and predictably all the chips went in but no heart turned up.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2007, 07:47:36 PM »

Saw also a bit of a run-in between Surinder Sunar and Dutchman Thierry Van Der Berg. Surinder had bet 12k into an  board (afraid I don't know which way out that got dealt though), and Van Der Berg was repeatedly saying, "Will you show if I fold?" to absolutely no response from Surinder. Eventually he folded, showing the as he did so.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2007, 07:49:08 PM »

Last year's winner Thang Duc Nguyen is OUT. As is Katja Thater.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2007, 08:22:24 PM »

Crazy Rich Gambling Hungarian News Now.

A couple of players limp over on table Tyler. The small blind makes up and then the big blind moves all-in for about 22k or so, both limpers fold and then the small blind asks how much it is as a faint air of bemusement takes over the table. The small blind makes the call for about half his stack with......

The big blind, a dutch player I think turns over , says, "Are you crazy? How can you call there with King-Four?" It's as if he knows the inevitable is coming. And true enough the K-4 makes two pair by the river, and the small blind who the Hungarian updating team inform us, is Gyoergy Moger, takes down the 40k pot.

Richard Ashby is OUT. All in with versus Roman Yitzhaki's . The board coming J-6-2-Q-K. Ouch.

Meanwhile, Gunnar Rabe, who made the final in Dortmund, is amongst the chip leaders with around 160k.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2007, 08:26:28 PM »

Players are now on a 10-minute break. 46 or 47 left in, I think.

Meanwhile a bunch of stuff happened before the break.

Raul Lleida lost most of his chips to Gunnar Rabe in a ma-hoosive hand. Four spades on the board, including the Ace, and Rabe moves all in on the river. Lleida instacalls, but when Gunnar shows the he casts his hand from him, and makes a sound like he's dying. Head in hands, he's down to about 20k.

Thor Hansen raises preflop, and a gent in a VC Poker shirt and granny glasses goes all in for about 12k. He finds a caller in Johann Fest, although Thor folds. Johann Fest shows and VC Granny shows . The board comes down two spades and Fest is not in the party spirit any more.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2007, 08:31:20 PM »

Also Sick Outdraw news from Table Yitzhaki.

All in preflop, Roman's from the small blind was looking pretty good next to his unnamed big blind opponent's  .

But oh that cruel and frankly bizarre board -

Two Diamonds

And Roman looks bewildered and amused as he passes the chips over to his very, very lucky neighbour.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2007, 08:34:57 PM »

And more Suckout News from the same table. Next hand, Philip Yeh raises to 4,500 from the button, and Thierry Van Der Berg moves in for another 16,200. Yeh calls.

Yeh - 

Van Der Berg - er, Two Diamonds

Board -

Not quite as sucky outy as the previous suckout, but nasty nonetheless. As I moved away from the table, I just caught the phrase "Suckout King".
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2007, 09:08:43 PM »

More Outsucking from the Table of Suck. This is impressive.

With about 20k in the pot preflop, the flop comes down . Michael Durrer bets from the button. Philip Yeh raises, and Roman Yitzhaki folds. Durrer calls.

Turn -

Yeh bets 16k - that's a big ol' chunk of his stack - it leaves him only with 100s. It's a big pile of 100s, but 100s nonetheless. Michael Durrer spends an AGE threading his chips. By this point a big crowd has formed. And then he goes all in! And Yeh calls!

Yeh -

Durrer -

Oh happy Philip Yeh!

Now concentrate! This is the sucky bit.

River - 

And Philip Yeh is surely going to be next to go - the suckout's left him with less than 10k.

Thierry Van Der Berg, on the same table, mutters, "Das ist sicken."

Das ist sicken indeed.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 09:36:49 PM by danafish » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2007, 09:11:28 PM »

Chistophe Defforey is confused and confusing.

On a board he moves all-in before the river card is dealt, which leaves Age Spets scratching his head in wonder.

Spets, "All I can beat is a bluff, King Queen of Diamonds, King Jack of Diamonds..."

Christophe, "I'm trying to confuse you, I want you to call."

Spets folds after he sees the river.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2007, 09:18:27 PM »

Thanks for the usual high standard of update. I'm even starting to understand them. And please pass on good wishes to the son and heir to the Thew fortunes

Are you Mr Thew Sr? Hi! We'll be sure to pass on your good wishes to your amply stacked boy...

And how amply stacked is amply stacked? Pray tell

He's on about 60 or 70k, perfectly adequate.

Actually I saw a fun hand he was in. Not sure exactly what happened, but Julian in some wise raised somewhere along the line preflop, and he ended up with a gentleman (sporting incredibly annoying flashing lighty uppy eyewear that should be banned) all in with A-9, and Julian holding Jacks. Julian flopped a full house and Mr Irritating Eyewear wandered off, eyewear for the moment removed in mourning. "Wish I hadn't raised now," said Mr Thew as the the flop came down.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2007, 09:19:26 PM »

By the way, a correction - the gent in the VC shirt and granny glasses I mentioned earlier is apparently Alan Smurfit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: