blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:32:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273117 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Mr & Mrs Red's Day of Reckoning has arrived......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mr & Mrs Red's Day of Reckoning has arrived......  (Read 17699 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 07:28:17 PM »

The local council have said that they can no longer find grounds to object to my planning application, but they have told the environment agency that if they were to object on the grounds that the land is within the floodplain, and also agree to fund any appeal. then they (the council) will recommend refusal.

IMHO, if the council believe their decision to be fair and just, they should not need to ask someone else supply the funds to uphold it.

These are the points I want to make tommorrow.

1: I have had a comprehensive independent assessment of the flood risk to my property. It was carried out by an acknowledged expert and his report finds that the risk of significant flooding is minimal.

2: Local people testify that work carried out by Severn Trent to address the problem of flooding in Sharnford was very successful. The common consensus seems to be that I am at no significant risk from flooding, and that my home will not be detrimental to the function of the flood plain.

3: I have lived here for almost 7 years now, in that time we have had record rainfall on two occasions, the most recent of these being this summer, it was responsible for major flooding in many parts of the country. Even during this, the severest of tests, I encountered no problems.

4: I have a daughter who suffers from a condition called Tuberous Sclerosis. She is on the kidney register and it is important that she has good access to medical care by people who are familiar with her case and her condition. If we were forced back on to the road side, that would no longer be possible.

5: We have integrated well into village life, My eldest daughter is working full time, and my youngest daughter has made friends in the village and is furthering her education. My wife and I try as best we can to be useful members of the community and are involved in several activities, such as working with the environment group and fund-raising etc. We also have made many friends.

6: I have done my best to ensure that my site is always tidy and that it blends in with it's surroundings. For the benefit of the local people I allowed the footpath that crosses my land to be widened by 1 metre, and I gave permission for dog-waste bins to be sited along it.

7: Despite being obligated to do so, the local authority are unable to find a suitable alternative site for me, a fact that has remained true for almost 7 years. During that time, planning permission has twice been refused at local level, but has been granted by the inspector at public enquiry. Nothing has changed. Please don't put us through the mental anguish of going back to the inspector for the third time with exactly the same story.

8: This whole process has been a tremendous strain on both myself and my wife, we often feel that we can't go on. I understand that the planning officer is recommending refusal, but the final decision has to be made by you, the committee. Please allow this application

And you have 3 minutes to get that across?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 07:28:38 PM »

The very best of luck to you both
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 07:28:46 PM »

Good luck tomorrow Tom, we've already seen the "little man" beat the "big man" once this month, let's hope that we get the same result.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 07:29:53 PM »

Wish I could help.  May this be one river you hit.

Thinking of you both - good luck.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
sharpy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 07:32:29 PM »

Mr & Mrs Red, I wish you all the luck for tomorrow.

It saddens and sickens me when the authorities do something like this.There is so much that is bad and wrong in this world yet they resort to victimising innocent people like your goodselfs.

I will be thinking off you tomorrow,good luck

Play Up Pompey
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 07:35:06 PM »

7 YEARS and no problems....in fact quite the opposite!!

Any chance of some common bloody sense here??
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 07:50:32 PM »

thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 07:52:28 PM »

You have always both been there to support me, I only wish that tomorrow I was there to return just a fraction of the support you two give so freely, but I will be with you all day in thoughts. I have been fortunate to visit your home and I really can not understand how anyone would not want you to be part of the community or how any local authority can not see that you are a credit and assett to it also.

Love Maureen, Darren , Stacey and Reecey boy..xxxx

crapper

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 08:09:38 PM »

Hi Tom,

I'm deeply saddened that this type of prejudice is still rife in this country in this day and age. It reflects badly on our government as a whole and our local governing bodies.

I wish you and your good lady all the very best tomorrow and hope that you finally achieve what should rightly be yours and that your worries on this issue will finally be over,

Ian.

Don't mess with the crapper, unless you're prepared for the flush !
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 08:26:14 PM »

Haven't got the words - a first
So angry.
I wish you total and absolute success

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 08:41:02 PM »

Good Luck
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 08:42:10 PM »

GL mate, all the best.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 08:45:20 PM »

all the best mate.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
reenot
TEAM UNKNOWNS

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 08:48:07 PM »

All the best !!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 08:51:41 PM »

good luck.......hopefully common sense will prevail

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: