blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:38:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live Cash game with the Frenchies
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Cash game with the Frenchies  (Read 1293 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« on: October 11, 2007, 04:32:39 AM »

Ok went to Paris @ the weekend with poot results. Id like opinions on this hand where i think its pretty marginal but would like opinions.

At the Aviation club, 5/5Euro blinds, we have sat down with 350. We have no info on players but the 2/4 we were playing earlier was typical of live cash, ie full of players that love to see flops with any old cards.

1st hand. 2 limpers middle position and we decide to take the initiative. We raise to 35 from the cutoff with  . 3 players call.

Flop 

Happy Days. We flop the joint. But with the flush draw out there, we are a little vulnerable. There is roughly 170 in the pot, so 130 euros feels about right after they all check to us. 1 chap calls. Turn comes down,  

Player looks at us before tossing in 400 euros out of a huge stack. Do we pass or call? We have 170 ish left. Call or fold?

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:55:19 AM »

I think we have to call but not like it.

Odds wise we are getting 170 to win 570 which is over 3 to 1, we are only beat by a flush which we have a redraw against assuming Monsieur doesn't have the  (which would be sick). Also he may have been chasing the straight with bare q and got there hands like kq,qj,q10 etc.

I can't let this go, but i have a feeling you going to tell me you lost somehow.
pswnio

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 08:22:51 AM »

If you're behind to a normal flush 70% of the time, and you're about 6-1 to redraw, then 10% of the time you win the pot.

Let's say 5% of the time you're drawing dead, and 25% of the time you're ahead (in which case he's pretty much drawing dead unless he holding J or Q of spades).

At these figures you're a bit under 35% to win, so a call is clearly +EV.

You'd need to be ahead less than 15% of the time here on the turn, given the redraw possibility, to make folding the right option.

I've only just started playing cash, so if all of the above is total baloney, please let me know and save me some money in the long run!
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 11:22:59 AM »

I think we have to call but not like it.

Odds wise we are getting 170 to win 570 which is over 3 to 1, we are only beat by a flush which we have a redraw against assuming Monsieur doesn't have the  (which would be sick). Also he may have been chasing the straight with bare q and got there hands like kq,qj,q10 etc.

I can't let this go, but i have a feeling you going to tell me you lost somehow.

agree with the above 100%
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 11:23:54 AM »

Is opponent French?

Yes- call

No-  fold
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 12:57:31 AM »

got to call, right odds to call as ur short, always chance to suckout on the frenchy if he doesnt already had str8 flush - he wunt bet this much with that thought would he?Huh?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 01:11:20 AM »

instacallage

HI HELEN!
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 01:45:38 AM »

instacallage

what he said cant even see why your debating with the redraw on a hand you could be in front with anyway.

if your redraws dead cos he has the st8 flush u shoot yourself 

Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 10:08:25 AM »

My chips would be in the middle Hellmuth Style. Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qz3j8UaD-Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZO-kgqQihc

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: