blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:08:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  25 50 Short handed hard decision
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 25 50 Short handed hard decision  (Read 1337 times)
PeteL

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2007, 05:21:02 AM »

First post on here but this hand is bugging me playing 25/50 NLHE 4 handed my image is quite active yet passive after the flop and before the flop to raised pots but i call when i got the goods (or so they think) i find myself with $12k in front of me i raise AJ utg 150 sb $16k raises to 600 been re raising me alot so i think call this time.

Flop comes A Q 6 he bets 850 standard continuation i call.... next card is 2 no flush there he bets $2500 i think this is a big overbet if he has a monster however he might be betting a set strong to try and get paid... if i call i still got another 8k behind and he got me covered any thoughts on this? i folded in the end didnt wanna take the risk as i was doing very well in small pots.

Thx for the help if u can
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 05:54:39 AM »

Pass pre for me lol. If oppo is bluffing here you will get better oportunities. Stinks of big vulnerable hand, AK? Solid pass. Sometimes when they 3-bet they have a hand.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 06:01:00 AM »

First post on here but this hand is bugging me playing 25/50 NLHE 4 handed my image is quite active yet passive after the flop and before the flop to raised pots but i call when i got the goods (or so they think) i find myself with $12k in front of me i raise AJ utg 150 sb $16k raises to 600 been re raising me alot so i think call this time.

Flop comes A Q 6 he bets 850 standard continuation i call.... next card is 2 no flush there he bets $2500 i think this is a big overbet if he has a monster however he might be betting a set strong to try and get paid... if i call i still got another 8k behind and he got me covered any thoughts on this? i folded in the end didnt wanna take the risk as i was doing very well in small pots.

Thx for the help if u can

I'm interested in the pre-flop action more than anything in this hand. If he's been re-raising you a lot pre-flop and you've been folding to those re-raises I would re-raise him again pre-flop as he might (probably) has you down as someone who can be bullied about.
On the flop you again take no lead by only flat calling his bet. This is never going to slow him down if he has you down as someone who can be bullied off a hand..which is why he can stick the turn bet in, which eventually gets you off the hand, with any two really. I do this myself a fair amount when playing shorthanded..hit the bet/raise button and pray you don't get called by the guy who has been folding a  lot anyways. An overbet by him would fit this if he thinks you do have an Ace..usually the only way to get players who play like you say your image is to lay a hand down is to overbet.

Just my thoughts and I think the lay-down might of course be good..AJ isn't a monster by any means..I also had tyo ignore the stakes as 25-50 scares the bejebus out of me but on smaller stakes that would be my reasoning.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
PeteL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 05:37:12 PM »

thats how i make my money tho letting they think they can bully me and then calling em down and they donate..... its a double edged sword
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 06:13:28 PM »

thats how i make my money tho letting they think they can bully me and then calling em down and they donate..... its a double edged sword

I agree to a point but the down-side is you're also not getting much info about what they might have and so are probably laying down a lot of winning hands because you've not defined where you are in them. It's a tricky one though because information does cost but it should be +ev in the long-term if you ask the question and read the answer reasonably well (IMO).

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
PeteL

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 06:20:59 PM »

probably shoulda called i just bottled it cos it was 11k at risk lol i read his bet as weak but was scared of QQ.... waited for a better spot
PeteL

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 06:21:43 PM »

killing em on stars at the minute though.... probably had about 30k off ADZ in 5 days... Hes on perma tilt get it while its good
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 06:23:16 PM »

Post more Pete, would be interesting to see your perspectives on hands posted on here

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 06:23:34 PM »

Pass pre for me lol. If oppo is bluffing here you will get better oportunities.

that's my problem...you won't get any opportunities as everytime you will bet into him or re-raise him with a hand ,he can fold and he's folding your money back to you when you do.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
PeteL

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 06:24:01 PM »

Post more Pete, would be interesting to see your perspectives on hands posted on here

ok only really on the internet page will give this 1 more of a go
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 06:25:54 PM »

ta. Appreciated.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 06:27:39 PM »

ta. Appreciated.

much appreciated indeed.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: