blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:31:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com London GUKPT: Day 2: Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com London GUKPT: Day 2: Interactive  (Read 21243 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 03:05:04 PM »

Go Maniac Smoopy!

AgentChip109

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 03:06:46 PM »

hows danny 'upthemariners' rudd gettin on?Huh??

Edgy811 - Party, Full Tilt, Pokerstars
Sc00by
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 03:10:54 PM »

can anyone tell me if ben grundy even played...ive been reading through the updates and didnt see him at all
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 03:14:01 PM »

and a piccy please

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

s3an

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 03:14:43 PM »

Any news on Ian Herbert and Iwan Jones please
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 03:15:48 PM »

The Luck of the Short Stacks has completely dried up.  Some days, it takes hours to knock out the small stacks who just can't seem to lose a race, but today no matter how ahead they get it in, those near the felt are smacking into it, almost without exception.

For a start - Jeff Rogers all in on the big blind with (he'd dropped from around 35k to a stack which was coverable by his opponent John Dwyer, who himself had come back with just 11,975).  Small blind Dwyer was giving his all-in a spin with his Two Diamonds, all in the middle preflop.
Flop:
Turn:    A dispirited Rogers stands up in frustration and kind of stalks off as the comes down, Dwyer says, "Sorry," and another guy at the table starts telling him off for apologising, all at the same time. 

Dwyer does seem to be a genuinely nice guy (although remorse is not something suitable for the poker table, generally) - JungleCat and I stole his taxi last night by running a bit up the road and hailing it in front of him.  He took it very well, and we decided to share the cab as we were all heading North.  An occasional player who enjoys the game rarely (five times a year, I remember him saying he played) he seems to be enjoying the whole thing immensely and wasn't fazed by the prospect of returning short stacked on Day Two and promptly going home again.  That hasn't happened yet, however, and he has around 25k.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 03:21:48 PM »

Best of luck to birthday boy sloppy 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 03:21:53 PM »

Any news on Ian Herbert and Iwan Jones please

Iwan Jones just busted, I'm afraid, and with a slightly peculiar set of circumstances.  He only had 15,300 left, and it all went in preflop utg+1.  Carl Buskirk, two positions to Jones' left, with a big stack in front of him, asked how much it was and promptly called.  It folded all the way round and they were heads up.
Iwan showed: 
Carl showed:     Iwan double took and then shrugged...

Flop:
Turn:
River:       "Same old same old..." sighed Iwan as he got up and wished his table good luck in the same tone in which you thank a deaf old relative for some paisley socks. 

coxylady

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 03:24:09 PM »

Any news on Ian 'Crapper' Cox plz?
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 03:25:56 PM »

can anyone tell me if Ben Grundy even played...ive been reading through the updates and didnt see him at all

I know he didn't play start days A or C, so possibly B.  But no Ben Grundy on the Day Two list, sorry.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2007, 03:28:42 PM »

Requested Players Ian Cox, Daniel Rudd and Mark Banin are all on the same table... they are about to go on a break (in five minutes) and that's not long enough for me to get back to the card room, so pictures and words on these three when play recommences.

Sc00by
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 03:31:18 PM »

can anyone tell me if Ben Grundy even played...ive been reading through the updates and didnt see him at all

I know he didn't play start days A or C, so possibly B.  But no Ben Grundy on the Day Two list, sorry.

yea i was there with a friend on day 1 didnt see him

im glad he didnt play, i only wanted to know because he was pick for a bet but i forgot to put it on in time(bluesq had him playing @ 200-1)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 03:32:48 PM »

I didn't get a chance to speak to him but my rudimentary chip counting skills led me to beleive he had in the region of 55k.

Nikhil Persaud is OUT!

Raising ot 2.5k in early position with 9k back, he was asked how much he had behind by S Nikkhah.

"just under 10k" to which Nikkhah announced "Raise 10k." Everyone else got out of the way quickly and it was back to Nik.

He now began to shuffle uncomfortably. With so few chips back and getting 2-1 he made the call, although felt like he was probably dominated and this was the case as Nikkhah showed AQ to his A9.

The cards came down quickly and the 9 Nik was looking for failed to materialise, sending him to the rail.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 03:34:46 PM »

With all the carnage of bust-outs from short stacks to near-leaders, someone must be benefitting: here's one of those coming out of the early destruction not just unscathed but positively healthy - Nick Gibson, one of the first players Tikay introduced me to seasons ago... he's up to 140,000 and understandably cheerful.

The blinds are now being raised to 800/1,600 ante 100.
72 players remaining.
Average stack 60,000

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2007, 03:38:17 PM »

Any news on Ian 'Crapper' Cox plz?

When I spoke to him a short time ago Ian looked slightly frustrated at being "card dead" but he has enough chips to last a little time he told me. With all the crazy chips flying around, he should be able to find some good spots I'm sure...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: