blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:16:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  A shout out to Norman Pace
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A shout out to Norman Pace  (Read 4900 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2007, 11:30:24 PM »

Hello Norman,

Just caught one of the Hale and Pace shows that used to be on ITV on a Sunday night in the 80's on men and motors. The mrs is a little younger than me so doesnt  remember the show but she loved it and even now it is still laugh out loud stuff in places. The episode tonight featured an end sketch that had you craddling a baby and Gareth unveiling a micowave, you then tossed a coin and the baby was sick down your arm.

Am I right in thinking that there was a bit of an uproar over this sketch at the time and did the baby just have the greatest comedy timing or was it a camera trick?

Still very funny years down the line, I noticed that you only had one writer working with you, how long would it take to write a series worth of gags/sketches for a show as high profile as yours?

cheers

I hope the poker is treating you well.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 11:33:28 PM »

Agreed Bobby1 Quality show. Remember it well when i was growing up. 10pm Sunday night. The two Rons & Billy & Johnny with their dungarees!!!!!

Happy memories.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 11:54:33 PM »

Agreed Bobby1 Quality show. Remember it well when i was growing up. 10pm Sunday night. The two Rons & Billy & Johnny with their dungarees!!!!!

Happy memories.

We know a song about that  Grin

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 12:02:59 AM »

he might be crap at poker but his show used to rock

thanks for the shout out about men and motors will have to look out for this

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 01:55:19 AM »

think it was 22.30 Iron

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 01:57:46 AM »

ty

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 09:33:53 AM »

I remember Hale & Pace before their Telly days, they were regularly appearing at the Woolwich Tramshed. Fun Times!!!  dad dont dance

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

SuffolkPunch
Fish

Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 09:37:10 AM »

I worked with Norman Pace's grandfather a couple of times on Sky Poker.

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 12:04:10 PM »

I remember Hale & Pace before their Telly days, they were regularly appearing at the Woolwich Tramshed. Fun Times!!!  dad dont dance

did you go?

how lond the tramshead been open? it used to be a rave called jungle juice back in 94 and i was only 13 but about 15 of us used to go down there and the bouncers knew us let the couple of us who were underage bundle in with the rest.

I dont know what it is now, although i walk past it nearly everyday ive never really paid attention to exactly what it is they do, some kind of community centre or help centre for the jobless i think. I think theyve completely refurbished it as well because you can see inside the lobby and i wonder if it looks the same inside, would take me 30 secs to stop and look but i'll probably never bother!
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 01:32:22 PM »

did you go?

how lond the tramshead been open? it used to be a rave called jungle juice back in 94 and i was only 13 but about 15 of us used to go down there and the bouncers knew us let the couple of us who were underage bundle in with the rest.

I dont know what it is now, although i walk past it nearly everyday ive never really paid attention to exactly what it is they do, some kind of community centre or help centre for the jobless i think. I think theyve completely refurbished it as well because you can see inside the lobby and i wonder if it looks the same inside, would take me 30 secs to stop and look but i'll probably never bother!

I used to go pretty regular between 1975 & the early 80s. It was a strange venue, it had all sorts from community events, to bands & everything in between. I saw some great bands there, Squeeze (many times), the legendary Splodgenessabounds, numerous long forgotten & crap groups.

Norman & Gareth were in an act called Fundation (I think), I also remember Rik Mayall & Ade Edmondson & the notorious Malcolm Hardee (Norman surely must have known him).

There used to be a balconey looking over the stage, it always seemed to be on the verge of collapse.

Is the Paradise Bar in Deptford still open Bolt, do you ever get down there?

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 06:29:33 PM »

did you go?

I used to go pretty regular between 1975 & the early 80s. It was a strange venue, it had all sorts from community events, to bands & everything in between. I saw some great bands there, Squeeze (many times), the legendary Splodgenessabounds, numerous long forgotten & crap groups.

Norman & Gareth were in an act called Fundation (I think), I also remember Rik Mayall & Ade Edmondson & the notorious Malcolm Hardee (Norman surely must have known him).

There used to be a balconey looking over the stage, it always seemed to be on the verge of collapse.

Is the Paradise Bar in Deptford still open Bolt, do you ever get down there?

I dont know if it's still open but i only ever went a couple of times and that was probably 6-7 years ago, i know they used to have some decent stuff on there but the times i went were just normal nights and if your not a face down there its not the greatest gaff to be in, the only time i'm in deptford anymore is if im in the deptford arms
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 02:07:59 AM »

I have PM'd a link of this thread to Norman & Bev, they'll reply in due course. Norman is in tour with his Stage Play right now, so give him a bit of time, he's pretty busy. And it does not to to rush The Rt Hon Bev. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 02:53:17 AM »

cheers Tony, no probs about the delay.

cbass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 09:27:24 PM »

Hi all, Norman's on tour without his laptop, so I'll answer what I can and ask him to have a look when he's home at the weekend.

bobby1 - you're right there was a bit of controversy when in the first series they (allegedly) microwaved a cat.  This sketch was the follow up and the baby was Cara, Gareth's youngest (now 18).  She was a cracker at covering all around her with baby vomit and when she timed this one so well, they left it in and dumped the lines they were originally going to say.

Ironside - Norman's not crap at poker and I'll jam a crochet hook in your brakes if you keep saying that.

Tonji - Tramshed in Woolwich was early 80s - I'll let Norman do the details, I can't remember when they finished.

Anyone remember Coming Next?

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 11:22:14 PM »

Ironside - Norman's not crap at poker and I'll jam a crochet hook in your brakes if you keep saying that.

You don't stand a chance Bev, he spends all day sitting on his brain. Much the same reason why his voice is muffled.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: