blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:24:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Quick Cash Question
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Cash Question  (Read 2147 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2007, 02:33:55 PM »

50NL game last night,  UTG+1 has just sat at table and has full buy in of $50.

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, I have KK and raise to $2.50.  Folds to caller who raises to $5.00.  I've raised to $15 and he's pushed all in for $50.

Should I know at this point he has aces or is it an insta call?   Are people with KK/QQ/AK likely to push all in too or would they flat call the $15, see the flop then push?

Ta kindly.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 03:03:53 PM »

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, I have KK and raise to $2.50.  Folds to caller who raises to $5.00.  I've raised to $15 and he's pushed all in for $50.

Should I know at this point he has aces or is it an insta call?   Are people with KK/QQ/AK likely to push all in too or would they flat call the $15, see the flop then push?

Ta kindly.

I fear that this has all the symptoms of AA - mini-reraise followed by 5 bet push.  I don't think I could fold vs an unknown at this level though getting nearly 2-1.

Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 03:36:29 PM »

Ta kindly.

I fear that this has all the symptoms of AA - mini-reraise followed by 5 bet push.  I don't think I could fold vs an unknown at this level though getting nearly 2-1.

It does smell of AA but against an unknown it could be jj,qq or ax, i have to call.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »

I don't know many people who limp reraise with JJ or AX though.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 05:49:42 PM »

Call, and spike a king on the flop.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 06:04:08 PM »

Call, and spike a king on the flop.

that's the bit I didn't do

AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 06:04:35 PM »

smells big of AA 1st hand cos he wants action , but im sure he could do this with KK QQ also

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 07:53:07 PM »

Might be just trying to set-up a loose/reckless image early on, seen new players to a table do this and then start playing properly after blowing 3 or 4 buy-ins. Probably not the case in this scenario but curiosity would force me to call (probably why I'm not much good at cash, "curiosity killed the..........Flea" in this case).

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 08:43:46 PM »

That's not so bad then thanks.  I was annoyed at myself for calling last night but then I was thinking that I've seen it done with a lot worse hands than AA so maybe it wasn't such a bad call (apart from it obviously was) 

Glad to know I'm not the only one that would have called and perhaps it's not such a bad call

As usual, thank you Smiley

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 08:49:20 PM »

That's not so bad then thanks.  I was annoyed at myself for calling last night but then I was thinking that I've seen it done with a lot worse hands than AA so maybe it wasn't such a bad call (apart from it obviously was) 

Glad to know I'm not the only one that would have called and perhaps it's not such a bad call

As usual, thank you Smiley

One slight point tho is that the only reason I would call is the way played i.e pot odds.  You could have flat called the mini-reraise and perhaps got away from the hand in the face of continued aggression. 
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 09:03:13 PM »

Yeah I've been mulling that over too.  The flop came ten high and I'm not sure I could have got out of it then, although I may have I suppose.

Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 10:00:58 PM »

It's always important to specify how many players at the table as decisions often differ from full ring and short-handed games.

If this was a full ring NL 200 (I don't know anything about NL 50 play) then this is AA the vast majority of the times. "Correct" play would be to call the re-raise and fold to non-King flop.

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 11:00:45 PM »

It's always important to specify how many players at the table as decisions often differ from full ring and short-handed games.

If this was a full ring NL 200 (I don't know anything about NL 50 play) then this is AA the vast majority of the times. "Correct" play would be to call the re-raise and fold to non-King flop.

Correct play to call hoping to hit your 9-1 (editied thanks to bongo) and fold to anything below King High on the flop with the second best starting hand??? Who plays KK like that?

The reraise to 15 was a nice play and you just got unlucky that he had the only hand beating you but as people have said before the limp-min raise-all in is not a gd way to play JJ or QQ so maybe the clues were there but always gonna be hard to lay it down especially with no info on the player.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:13:01 PM by KingPoker » Logged

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 11:05:16 PM »

Closer to 9-1 than 25-1, and it would depend on the game but I often fold kings in cash.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 11:19:05 PM »

Closer to 9-1 than 25-1, and it would depend on the game but I often fold kings in cash.

Folding KK isnt a problem but calling is never an option.

If silo was trapping after putting him on a hand such as 1010/JJ,maybe then, but why would you call when you are, as a guesstimation, 80% sure he had a premium hand (QQ/KK/AA) so you either raise get reriased and fold or raise get reraised and gamble hoping he doesnt have AA. Im never flat calling a flop when im almost sure he has AA or flat calling him and risking him setting up cheaply with a lesser PP.

And i would consider folding Kings a hell of a lot more in MTT's than i would in a cash game.

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: