blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:29:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Small pps in 6-max games.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Small pps in 6-max games.  (Read 1330 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« on: November 01, 2007, 05:28:19 PM »

Hi guys, anyone showing good profit levels on 100k PT databases+ for 22-66? Heads up im thinking of ditching them to a raise in the blinds, even deep-stacked unless oppo is joe donkalot.
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 06:03:29 PM »

Hi guys, anyone showing good profit levels on 100k PT databases+ for 22-66? Heads up im thinking of ditching them to a raise in the blinds, even deep-stacked unless oppo is joe donkalot.

I sometimes wonder what my best line is from the blinds to a late position raiser (with a naturally wide range.) Certainly folding isn't a bad option.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 06:20:37 PM »

Folding>Raising>calling here? If oppo is non-nit and opening light we can rr light too? I just have issues judging board texture when player in position calls my rr pre. Im telling him my hand and he pretty well can take it off me if he is any good, either on flop or later street. V a donk i guess cbet and give up to call but i think we just make thinks difficult by elevating the pot with a weak hand.

Conclusion.
Folding small pps oop rules hu.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 08:23:43 PM »

I'm pretty sure solely set mining with them is not going to work against most opponents, so if you are to play them your strategy is going to have to involve a bit of bluffing, a few thin calls etc.

Here's one hand I thought I played pretty well, but maybe it was madness Smiley - there had been a bit of history between villain and myself in that I had reraised him a few times.  Ultimately I decided that he had a big ace with a diamond although he could poss have had some sort of drawing hand.  Laddies doesn't show losing hands

hero $588.96 posted the small blind - $2.00
seat 3 posted the big blind - $4.00
** Dealing card to hero:    three clubs
villain 1153.74 utg raised - $24.00
seat5 folded
seat6 empty
seat1 folded
hero raised - $86.00
seat 3 folded
villain called - $86.00

** Dealing the flop:     
hero bet - $88.00
villain called - $88.00

** Dealing the turn: 
hero checked
villain bet - $93.87
hero called - $93.87

** Dealing the river: 
hero checked
villain went all-in - $885.87
hero went all-in - $323.09
hero shows:   three clubs
villain mucks:
hero wins $1183.92 from the main pot

Although come to think of it strategies that involve making 80bb calls with the 96th nuts might be better avoided....

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 08:51:38 PM »

I'm pretty sure solely set mining with them is not going to work against most opponents, so if you are to play them your strategy is going to have to involve a bit of bluffing, a few thin calls etc.

Here's one hand I thought I played pretty well, but maybe it was madness Smiley - there had been a bit of history between villain and myself in that I had reraised him a few times.  Ultimately I decided that he had a big ace with a diamond although he could poss have had some sort of drawing hand.  Laddies doesn't show losing hands

hero $588.96 posted the small blind - $2.00
seat 3 posted the big blind - $4.00
** Dealing card to hero:    three clubs
villain 1153.74 utg raised - $24.00
seat5 folded
seat6 empty
seat1 folded
hero raised - $86.00
seat 3 folded
villain called - $86.00

** Dealing the flop:     
hero bet - $88.00
villain called - $88.00

** Dealing the turn: 
hero checked
villain bet - $93.87
hero called - $93.87

** Dealing the river: 
hero checked
villain went all-in - $885.87
hero went all-in - $323.09
hero shows:   three clubs
villain mucks:
hero wins $1183.92 from the main pot

Although come to think of it strategies that involve making 80bb calls with the 96th nuts might be better avoided....

Come on, be honest, did you invent this HH?  No, really!

I love river play by you, horrible from him. Induce catches bluffs, but how often does villain fill his boots if he starts to value bet even slightly thinner? Would like more reasoning from you on this hand doubleup, i like your line but what iff oppo gets tricky?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 08:52:54 PM »

Grin

top class or madness doubleup, not sure which!!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 09:26:35 PM »

The previous history with villain was that he tended to raise with a wide range, but call a 3 bet with quite a narrow range, AQ+ TT+.  He might have called with suited connectors, smaller pairs, but had never shown this.  My 3 bet was just because it was profitable and the flop c-bet was standard for me.  When he calls the c-bet, I'm tending towards thinking he has AQ/AK although a monster isn't out of the question, but I think it's likely he would have raised that because of the flop texture.  That said I might have folded to a stronger bet on the turn, but it's a pretty weak bet, so I call. 

The river took me a lot of thinking time and looking at the way the whole hand had played out, he's never acted strongly when he should have on the flop with either a flush draw or a pair.  On the turn he is still weak and then on the river he's superstrong?Huh? 

As far as dynamics are concerned it doesn't seem to have made much difference and the same player checked the turn and then put a "sensible" v- bet on the river after the same sequence with TPTK in a subsequent hand.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: