blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:48:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How would you play this KK?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How would you play this KK?  (Read 796 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2007, 03:32:09 PM »

Villain is 24/16, flop agg 5.  I have 2 choices pre-flop.  If I 4 bet, I take down the pot prob 90% of the time, but get stacked by aces.  Playing my way I can get bluffed if an ace hits the flop, stacked by aces or a set, but I prob stack QQ and maybe JJ, and should get a c-bet out of AK, maybe even a call on a good day as this player is quite agg.  Am I being to optimistic on the upside of my line? Am I being to pessimistic about villains calling range of a 4 bet preflop?

villain seat 1 with $866.74 [Dealer]
seat 2 with $655.42
seat 3 with $89.96
hero seat 4 with $428.00
seat 5 with $503.20
seat 6 with $90.66

seat 2 posted the small blind - $2.00
seat3 posted the big blind - $4.00
** Dealing card to hero:   
hero raised - $24.00
seat 5 folded
seat 6 folded
villain raised - $76.47
seat 2 folded
seat 3 folded
hero called - $76.47

** Dealing the flop:     
hero checked
villain bet - $96.00
hero went all-in - $351.53
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 12:38:06 AM by doubleup » Logged
LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 03:44:52 PM »

If you aren't going to 4 - bet preflop against a 24 / 16 with KK what do you 4-bet with? Exactly AA or air?

As played, call the flop lead. Widen his range and allow him to spew some chips at you by two barrelling; overvaluing some marginal hands. Your line is super strong and transparent IMHO. When people call 3 - bets preflop and shove on a dry board like this AA and KK make up a MASSIVE part of their range. By playing the hand this way you are actually making it possible for him to get away from JJ - QQ on this flop. Plus he just folds out any air he has missed with.

The games are getting more and more aggressive and the 3 betting range of 24 / 16 regs these days is generally 88+ // AQ+. Sometimes a LOT wider. IMO, I think your line is most ineffective against that range and makes you easy to play against if it is your standard - you would need to be capable of showing up with a lot more than AA or KK for me to like it.

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:51:03 PM »

I like it. Im assuming that you belive that he may well laydown anything but aa/kk to a 4 bet preflop, though i would start 4 betting a bigger range it this is the case as this is vastly exploitable, 24/16/5 is pretty solid stats.

This line allows to stack qq/jj type hands sometimes and definitley get value from a cbet of villans whole 3 betting range (ak,aq etc). If he has aa well thats the same result if we 4 bet and if he has 10's well thems the risks,ul. Overall your line looks more profitable against a thinking opponent.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 04:22:08 PM »

By playing the hand this way you are actually making it possible for him to get away from JJ - QQ on this flop.

Well why do the fckers instacall when I take this line with AK? Smiley

The games are getting more and more aggressive and the 3 betting range of 24 / 16 regs these days is generally 88+ // AQ+. Sometimes a LOT wider. IMO, I think your line is most ineffective against that range and makes you easy to play against if it is your standard - you would need to be capable of showing up with a lot more than AA or KK for me to like it.

Hmmm might be something in this (I do realise that his range for 3 betting is pretty wide), but it's a different line of thought entirely.  i.e. it involves a whole 4 betting range and consideration of interaction with the villain.  I will have a think about this.   

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 07:20:12 PM »

I like the line pre, but often id let him fire turn again. You are either so far ahead or so far behind to his RR range that jamming flop is -EV. Esp with this board texture and lack of scare cards available to show themsleves on the turn.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: