blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:10:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  wii v xbox
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wii v xbox  (Read 2537 times)
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2007, 10:02:31 AM »

For all of you gamers out there ...

Debating whether to get a wii or xbox, my initial thought is to go with the xbox (a firm preference from my little un as well) but hubby has been told by lots of people at work that the wii does not get the credit it deserves and is waaaaay better than an xbox.

I personally prefer to play on a system with better graphics, and to me the wii seems to be just a game system that you can wave your arms about with but then I have never seen one or even played on one so.   Is there more to the wii???  Am I writing it off too soon??? 

What would you get??

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:13:19 AM »

The Wii is fantastic & anybody can play it.

It's also good exercise.

Get the Wii!!!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 10:25:40 AM »

The Wii is fantastic & anybody can play it.

It's also good exercise.

Get the Wii!!!

That's the bit that put me off   

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:57:16 AM »

If your looking for the best games, best graphics and not some gimmick where you wave your hands about Xbox360 wins hands down *no pun intended*

Its current and future games catalogue are above anything else. I would say the Wii is targeted for younger players, the games tend to lack depth.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 11:49:43 AM »

I'm amazed at the add on controllers you can get for the Wii, there's all sorts - tennis rackets, 'normal' controllers, guitars, wierd shaped things - so many of them, the marketing guys have come on to a winner here.   

Played the XBox360 at the weekend and it put me off getting one, I'm sooooo rubbish at it Cheesy  Just can't do it, so I won't bother getting any of them.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 12:20:47 PM »

wii is good fun for multiple people and you can pick it up in minutes.

You can play it like a normal console also and it's pretty powerful so i would get a wii as what you trade off in power you get back in it's fun gameplay especially multi player fun.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 02:49:43 PM »

FOr Pure Gaming it has to bet the Xbox 360, for family fun and a proper laugh its the Wii all the way

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 03:49:06 PM »

FOr Pure Gaming it has to bet the Xbox 360, for family fun and a proper laugh its the Wii all the way

Absolutely

Son_of_duke has played both here.. Xbox is awesome and serious gamers will prefer.

But for oldies like me the Wii is easy when you play the games stuff its a laugh. It also protects the TV because if I was playing the xbox I would put my foot through it as its too difficult for me..

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 03:51:18 PM »

Just can't do it, so I won't bother getting any of them.

sounds like a plan.  I'm just going to stick to the blonde arcade Cheesy

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 10:41:01 PM »

Absolutely

Son_of_duke has played both here.. Xbox is awesome and serious gamers will prefer.

But for oldies like me the Wii is easy when you play the games stuff its a laugh. It also protects the TV because if I was playing the xbox I would put my foot through it as its too difficult for me..

Claw, agree with you, think I'll stick to the arcade although I dreamt about bloody tetris last night - this is baaaadddddd lol

Looks like we're going to go with the wii for the family fun aspect (that means son and dad whilst I cook and clean he he), although I have been told by yours truly that you can get Zelda on the wii ... happy days :-)

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 11:58:55 PM »

I dreamt about bloody tetris last night - this is baaaadddddd lol

lol.  When I used to play it non stop on the gameboy I would be trying to get to sleep at night, but all i could see in my head was those bloody shapes dropping down and rotating, and slotting into place, and would often go on to dream about it.  Slightly less dull than counting sheep, but I could think of more exciting things to be dreaming about Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: