blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:31:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  6max 2-4. Fold pre?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 6max 2-4. Fold pre?  (Read 2487 times)
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 04:47:20 AM »

utg shoved 120bb...with AA  Grin

this is of course irrelevant to my decision pre-this, but anyway!!

Button called shove with KK

Jack on the flop?
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 04:52:23 AM »

is there not any value in calling to hit a set?

Meh this is my own opinion, mainly based on quite a good discussion on this I saw elsewhere. That while you are 7.5 to 1 to hit your set on the flop and therefore this basically can be seen as your implied odds. To truly get these odds two things have to happen.

We have to get villan to put his whole stack in and actually win the hand.

These two variables mean sometimes villan will fold when we raise/bet postflop and also he may well stack us by hitting a bigger set or a draw. A respected mid stakes cash player settled on needing implied odds of around 17 to 1 to outweigh the other two factors.

Of course this is player dependent and if the pot becomes multiway we have the opportunity to make more/get outdrawn more.

Do you think calling to hit a set vs 2 opponents here for $36 (lets assume you think you will get to see a flop for this price!) is better value becuase it's more likely you will get paid off by at least one of them when you do hit.

Overall, I think UTG is reraising the button enough here for folding to be the safer option! Even if he got trappy vs one opponent, I doubt it vs 2.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 10:50:45 AM »

utg shoved 120bb...with AA  Grin

this is of course irrelevant to my decision pre-this, but anyway!!

Button called shove with KK

Jack on the flop?

nope, nothing funky. KK stacked off, JJ would have done too

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 11:17:40 AM »

I folded

result of what other two had irrelevant really, but they played for their whole stack on this hand, as UTG pushed to the button re-raise and button called the push

Those who re-pop here to say $150, if UTG pushes you are folding having re-popped?

I don't think flat call to hit a set here is an option so its fold or re-pop. If you re-pop are you committing to playing for your stack here?

All depends on what you think UTG will do, re-pop or call, if you think he will only call i call...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 11:18:54 AM »

Oh, and if i think he has AA and will play it cutely and only call, i DEF call...

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 06:31:50 PM »

All depends on what you think UTG will do, re-pop or call, if you think he will only call i call...

Isn't that a problem though? If he only calls he isn't likely to have a hand to stack off with if you hit, baring him playing AA cutely (against 2 people!) or flopping a lower set himself (not very likely).

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 07:07:52 PM »

Isn't that a problem though? If he only calls he isn't likely to have a hand to stack off with if you hit, baring him playing AA cutely (against 2 people!) or flopping a lower set himself (not very likely).

Quite true Bongo, but im struggling to fold J's 6 handed here to aggressive players with the action so far, maybe thats just a weakness of mine...

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 12:42:02 AM »

is there not any value in calling to hit a set?

Meh this is my own opinion, mainly based on quite a good discussion on this I saw elsewhere. That while you are 7.5 to 1 to hit your set on the flop and therefore this basically can be seen as your implied odds. To truly get these odds two things have to happen.

We have to get villan to put his whole stack in and actually win the hand.

These two variables mean sometimes villan will fold when we raise/bet postflop and also he may well stack us by hitting a bigger set or a draw. A respected mid stakes cash player settled on needing implied odds of around 17 to 1 to outweigh the other two factors.

Of course this is player dependent and if the pot becomes multiway we have the opportunity to make more/get outdrawn more.

Do you think calling to hit a set vs 2 opponents here for $36 (lets assume you think you will get to see a flop for this price!) is better value becuase it's more likely you will get paid off by at least one of them when you do hit.

Overall, I think UTG is reraising the button enough here for folding to be the safer option! Even if he got trappy vs one opponent, I doubt it vs 2.

WOW. 17-1? Id like to see a proper analysis of this. But i wouldnt be suprised if that is near optimal. How much does it reduce as pots get more multiway? p.s could you send me the 2+2 thread Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: