blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:42:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Toothache & Air Travel.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toothache & Air Travel.  (Read 1474 times)
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 11, 2007, 11:24:33 PM »

I have never really had any fear of flying, just the occasional prayers on take off & landing. My problem with air travel is that it always seems to trigger toothache. I arrive & the next day I have raging toothache without fail, a few days later it subsides. My theory is, its to do with sitting in a pressurized cabin, the air pressure builds in a cavity in the tooth, then inflames the nerves or whatever.
I’ve mentioned this to my dentist, but she’s Polish, & she scares me, she also gave me a blank look as if I am talking madness.
Well I’m off to Sardinia at the end of the month, & wondered if its only me that suffers from this. Does anyone have any tips on a cure, or do I just have sensitive teeth?

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 11:28:06 PM »

Get a bottle of whole cloves, suck on one until it goes soggy then replace it until you land. This does two things keeps the airways to the ears open and floods the teeth with a mild anesthetic. trust me 

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 12:03:53 AM »

this is a recognised medical condition called Barodontalgia, which basically means pain caused by the change in atmospheric pressure.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 01:22:18 PM »

this is a recognised medical condition called Barodontalgia, which basically means pain caused by the change in atmospheric pressure.

Thanks Laz, I've now been able to find some medical journals on the net concerning this. Interestingly it can trigger sinus infections, which I also get. Looks like I need to stock up on more strong pain killers.

Get a bottle of whole cloves, suck on one until it goes soggy then replace it until you land. This does two things keeps the airways to the ears open and floods the teeth with a mild anesthetic. trust me 

Thanks Duke, I'll try anything.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: