blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:28:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272598 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Inspired Call or utter madness??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Inspired Call or utter madness??  (Read 795 times)
Flea

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2007, 10:54:20 PM »

Just wondered what opinion on the following is (it gave me a laugh!!)

Sky Velocity tournament 4 minute blind levels (so turns into a crapshoot after a while)
blinds 200/400 6 handed
Not long moved to table and folded 3 hands in a row since arriving, only real action has come from the big-stack who is BB this hand aggressive player made a bad call previous hand and got lucky on river.

Action:
Fold
Limp (player has 2,800 chips)
Fold
I'm on button with  with 3,400 chips (got less than 9BB so decide to make a move and go all-in, not sure why but just went with a strange feeling)
SB folds
BB folds
limper then calls for all his chips and turns over ...............

I nearly fell off my chair laughing, he held up and won the hand so no complaints as I was behind but I'm just wondering if even in a very fast-paced tourney like Velocity if anyone else would knowingly call off all their chips on a call with 10 8 suited when they still have about 7 BB. I thought the limp was strange I thought he'd have a pair or big ace at least.

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 11:04:25 PM »

I don't mean to be rude, but I am not sure a complete crapshoot like Velocity can really be considered in that much depth in PHA, strikes me as completely random type of poker..ultra turbo

why not play slower structured stuff? see how you get on?

suited connector for all his chips? why not, he probably thinks he's live and pushing ranges in that must be enormous

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 11:10:56 PM »

Echo what Tighty says. Would add that, with 4 min blinds, chummy will only be on 3.5 BB anytime now and will be pushing with any two so why not use pretty ones with potential.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 11:44:07 PM »

wow. a donk in a sky tournament?! NEVER.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 12:13:25 AM »

I like the push in this kind of tournament, admittedly it depends on calling ranges but given image people you shouldn't call you light first time at least. Your hand plays well against tight(ish) ranges, better than ace rag for example.

The call is awful of course but meh this happens in these kind of tournaments.

I don't mean to be rude, but I am not sure a complete crapshoot like Velocity can really be considered in that much depth in PHA, strikes me as completely random type of poker..ultra turbo

why not play slower structured stuff? see how you get on?

suited connector for all his chips? why not, he probably thinks he's live and pushing ranges in that must be enormous

Hmm i accept you don't mean to be rude but isn't this a touch snobbish, while its a push/fold type poker discussion on pushing/calling ranges here, it can be quite  a complex topic and certainly not obvious to begginers/intermediate players. Are we going to stop posting sng hands in PHA as they can't be discussed in depth.

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 12:30:17 AM »

A button push, with no action behind, and 9xBB stack is always going to look weak, there's not much you can do about that so as already has been said, your range to the ppl in the BB's is huge and makes it a lot easier to call but even so, its a terrible hand to call with but those hearts are the prettiest suit lol!

There is not a lot to learn from it tho, the push with that hand was definately correct given your chip total and position, personally and this is only me and noone else will agree with me but i dont get too pressured by the 10xBB bull****, i will push when im ready and PERHAPS id have waited maybe even 1 or 2 more hands as ur almost guarantedd to see better than 8 high plus as ur pushing thru more ppl, yes more ppl to have a chance of having a hand, but it represents strength better than a pure button push on the blinds and u still have enough chips with 9xBB to not make it an automatic call for anyone with a junk A or suited connectors!

Just make a note of the villain in question and make the same move on him next time, if ur lucky enough to have him on ur table, when holding premium and rake in the pot.

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: