blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:03:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  live tourny hand
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: live tourny hand  (Read 2971 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 12:44:42 PM »

ahem *cough* ok here goes....

Firstly I believe you had 6 peeps to act after you. Now I know you have a hand that'll stand up x times out of x but it was your tourney life. The bet was about 6 x BB so was isolating in itself without you adding to it and if anyone came in after you they had to be ahead of you. If they went over the top you could then fold, unless you wanted to race AK, (which is a doubtful holding given the initial raise). A smooth call behind you would raise alarm bells but at least you would get to see a flop and take it from there.
But your all in has no upside but lots of downside. As I said, isolation was already achieved and all that could happen was that you were gonna get caught with your pants down if someone behind you woke up with AA/KK.

You had a decent stack and I don't think you needed to get yourself where you were on that hand - I believe I told you that you were f*cked before the cards went over.

*edit* you say you were one from CO...really?....I'm sure I was MP and you acted before me....you had to be in fact coz that was the whole basis of the ruck. Maybe I should drink less.

Im not sure what the standard is like in this tournament but you make it sound like everyone behind iron is going to understand what is going on. In my experience online/live 6bb raises don't on their own isolate at all, iron calling makes the pot quite big and live players love what they call "value" and will limp behind with all kinds of stuff here aq,aj,a10,kq, pairs and thats the tight ones.

Your going to fold to a shove right, ok whats a reasonable shoving range behind here ak,jj+ looks kind of tight and right. Once we have limped behind and a guy shoves for avg 11k assume he is the button. In the pot already is 19.2k (3.8+3.8+11+200+400) so iron will have to call 7.2k to win 19.2k so only needs to 27% to win the hand to justify calling.

Iron is 47% against the range i have assigned, 39% against ak,aa,kk. Only not getting odds against purely aa,kk and that is not a realistic range for small buyin live tourney player IMO.

As said before isolating to shove here looks best.
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 02:20:35 PM »

Well the way I play it out if it was my hand is that I fold preflop...

OR 6 x BBs and All in
Me Flat call
SB Uber re-raise
Me Fold

Assuming that the SB would make the reraise, (which he would have done knowing him).

If the SB flat called then unless an A, K or Q comes on the flop we are in a world of pain coz I guess the chippage is flying on a raggy flop.

However if an A or K flops we are still in the game with a playable stack.

Although I'm probably not being clear what I am saying is that the shove doesn't leave any options and for me I'm not doing that until I'm < 10BBs.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 05:25:08 PM »

*edit* you say you were one from CO...really?....I'm sure I was MP and you acted before me....you had to be in fact coz that was the whole basis of the ruck. Maybe I should drink less.

u were cut off
guy next to you was button then there was an empty seat followed by sb then empy seat then big blind

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 06:00:08 PM »

ok apologies... still 4 to act so same result for me.

Was unlucky tho mate... at least you got to go and perv the dealers lol.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 06:04:58 PM »

sorry mate you cannot fold QQ to a short stacks all in IMHO

and from reading above looks like your the only one that can

MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 08:38:13 PM »

sorry mate you cannot fold QQ to a short stacks all in IMHO

and from reading above looks like your the only one that can

Lol I didn't say that in shape or form.....
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 09:34:14 PM »

you said call then fold or raise then fold which is even worse IMHO

MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 02:49:17 AM »

ok well let's agree to differ.... playing it my way you're still in - your way you were out. I really can't see what you think is wrong with a flat call and a lay down to a re-raise but heyho you play it as you see it.

See you Tuesday Smiley
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 09:41:11 PM »

ok well let's agree to differ.... playing it my way you're still in - your way you were out. I really can't see what you think is wrong with a flat call and a lay down to a re-raise but heyho you play it as you see it.

See you Tuesday Smiley

You can't just call here, with 4 players after you somebody could see the call as weak and put you on AJ or AQ and make a play by pushing over the top. This would then give you an extra dilemma - is he/she making a play or am I actually beat? A shove here takes away tough decisions like this.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 09:51:33 PM »

I think you're both fish Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 09:52:10 PM »

See you Tuesday Smiley

You can't just call here, with 4 players after you somebody could see the call as weak and put you on AJ or AQ and make a play by pushing over the top. This would then give you an extra dilemma - is he/she making a play or am I actually beat? A shove here takes away tough decisions like this.

I don't understand... (a) There's an all in (b) there's been a flat call.. er what are you going to 'make a play' with and er...why. If Ironsides folds you're just chip for chip with the original raiser so unless you've got the goods yer fecked.

Sorry but some posts on here just leave me shaking my head.
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 09:53:12 PM »

My upside is that I know I am....
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 09:55:09 PM »

my upside is i know you are too

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007, 09:57:13 PM »

my upside is i know you are too

lmao

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 10:13:51 PM »

See you Tuesday Smiley

I don't understand... (a) There's an all in (b) there's been a flat call.. er what are you going to 'make a play' with and er...why. If Ironsides folds you're just chip for chip with the original raiser so unless you've got the goods yer fecked.

Sorry but some posts on here just leave me shaking my head.

Depends on the opponents but in live play I've saw people do this with 99 1010 thinking that the call came from a player holding AQ AJ so they're not too bothered if they get called or not as they would figure they're ahead and can win the side pot or take the whole thing if the pusher has an under-pair or an Ace that is cancelled out by the original caller to the push. Some of these people made a bad move but I've also saw a couple of tricky players do this as well. What you have said is that if someone pushes all-in you can easily fold but if a tricky player then pushes, who may or may not have the goods, what do you do? By pushing here it takes a potential tricky problem away.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: