blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:30:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Blondepoker.com Waterford Winter Festival: Day 2 (At A Glance)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondepoker.com Waterford Winter Festival: Day 2 (At A Glance)  (Read 18513 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 04:07:23 PM »

Mick, or it may be Nick or even Mike Rossiter is currently the chip leader with over 140k.

The largest chunk of this came in a 3 way coup where his opponents held A-A and 9-9 to his Q-Q. The 120k, by far the largest of the tournament was won in fittingly dominant fashion as the Queens of Mick hit a Q-T-5-Q-3 flop for quads.

Aces, which have fared badly this tournament, cracked once again!

Since then Nick has also knocked out another short stack, his A-Q holding versus K-8 on a Q-J-6-5-2 board.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 04:10:03 PM »

Players are now on a 10 minute break. Just prior to that though, M3Boy doubled up.

Jen also won 50k last hand, and is up to 95k.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 04:37:34 PM »

We currently have 111 players left. It's the 500-1000 level with a running 100 ante. The average stack is 37k and it's safe to say this level will bring about some action...

Blonde's own Laxie has just been involved in a big pot.

Holding she was no doubt delighted to get her chips in preflop and looking forward to the prospect of doubling up. Unfortunately, she had run into Matey O'Boy's Ah. It was a big pot but with Laxie needing to spike a king, the unhelpful flop came , eliminating Laxie to the rail. The way A-A has run versus K-K this tournament, this can almost be classed as a bad beat!

Well played nonetheless Laxie. Next time...

Tikay has just played out his biggest pot of the tournament. The chips went in preflop, unsuprisingly, since Tikay held Q-Q and his opponent A-K.

The flop of J-Q-5 provided a helpful  set for Tikay and the 3-3 turn and river, simultaneously filled and doubled him up. One handshake later and a happy Tikay was stacking chips up merrily...

Whilst I was returning to write up that hand, table one had 3 allins, the players tabling 5-5, K-K and Q-Q. When the dust had settled, the cowboys had held to give Ben Dooley a big pot and knock out two players at once.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 04:45:56 PM »

Any news on Grandad Tikay and had he got his cocoa yet

Tikay's doing alright on about 25-30k or so.

We'll get you a picture for you, cocoa and slippers included if possible.

He actually just doubled up courtesy of the below gent, Richard "Fish N Chips" Lawler (it is indeed he, for whoever asked) - please see Junglecat's post above. I don't think I've ever seen him this happy. But then, he's never had this many chips before. 
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 04:54:08 PM »

A superbad-large hand for McLovin:

Three-way all-in, I'm guessing Brenda Foley pushed first for not much and then some shoving action from Brian O'Keeffe and McLovin.

Brenda Foley - 
Gary "McLovin" Clarke -
Brian O'Keeffe - 

Board -

Brenda is OUT, Brian is demoralised and McLovin is looking sweeeet.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 04:56:30 PM »

We currently have 111 players left. It's the 500-1000 level with a running 100 ante. The average stack is 37k and it's safe to say this level will bring about some action...

Blonde's own Laxie has just been involved in a big pot.

Holding she was no doubt delighted to get her chips in preflop and looking forward to the prospect of doubling up. Unfortunately, she had run into Matey O'Boy's Ah. It was a big pot but with Laxie needing to spike a king, the unhelpful flop came , eliminating Laxie to the rail. The way A-A has run versus K-K this tournament, this can almost be classed as a bad beat!

Well played nonetheless Laxie. Next time...

Tikay has just played out his biggest pot of the tournament. The chips went in preflop, unsuprisingly, since Tikay held Q-Q and his opponent A-K.

The flop of J-Q-5 provided a helpful  set for Tikay and the 3-3 turn and river, simultaneously filled and doubled him up. One handshake later and a happy Tikay was stacking chips up merrily...

Whilst I was returning to write up that hand, table one had 3 allins, the players tabling 5-5, K-K and Q-Q. When the dust had settled, the cowboys had held to give Ben Dooley a big pot and knock out two players at once.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 05:00:17 PM »

Snatiramas has had a quiet time of it today..."Haven't seen a hand for about 5 levels now..." Apparently all the creative play has been "crushed out of me" by his derth of quality hands... He's still smiling though!

M3Boy hasn't played many hands since his double up not long ago and is hanging around with about 10k or so...

A sick hand was witnessed on his table. 2 players got their chips in on a T-J-Q flop, understandably as their hands were J-Q for top two and A-K for the nut straight.

A jack popped out on the turn though filling Matey O'Boy 1 up and an unnecessary, but fairly amusing subsequent J on the river, gave him quads much to Matey O' Boy 2's dismay.

Anna Colley, who had made a semi recovery of sorts just lost out in a J-J v A-K race. "Hooks never win for me, but I can't pass them..." she elaborated on this hand.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 05:09:22 PM »

Sorry - I think he is known as Wormster on the forum - Steve Meehan is his name - little chap with a red face - looks after Tikay and Compo when they are filming

Oh yeahhhh. He's still in, looks to be just below the 40k average, with about 35k.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2007, 05:15:20 PM »

One of the unfortunate exitees was ericstoner - he was holding the Queens, and even though the other two had gone all in before him, with only 16k left he didn't feel he could fold, thinking they were probably both holding an Ace of some sort.

He was actually all in with Queens at the exact same time as tikay was all in with Queens - this is where tikay's Dark Pacts really come into their own...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 05:49:08 PM »

Had a chat with AndrewT during the break - he's dropped a good few chips and is down to I think just under average. With the blinds at 600/1200/100, he still has a bit of room to maneuver though.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 05:55:53 PM »

Snoopy's fortunes have improved.

Finding a hand in K-K, he picked up action from Mick Rossiter who called his raise.

The flop came 2-4-5 and the chips went in, Mick holding A-5 for TPTK and a gutshot, but he missed his outs and Snoopy received a welcome double up to the lofty heights of 75k. Well done that dog.

Here is the happy man himself...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2007, 06:10:42 PM »

Can I get an update on the asian chap with glasses and GJP gear, please? Smiley

Yes yes, he's doing absolutely fine on around 60k - average is about 46k.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2007, 06:28:27 PM »

Here are some chip counts taken as I stalked the tables searching (unsuccessfully) for action a few moments ago

Mick Rossiter - 85k ish
Tikay           - 37k ish
AndrewT     - 33k ish
Snoopy        - 70k ish
Mike Lacey   - 11k ish

Can I get an update on the asian chap with glasses and GJP gear, please? Smiley

Yes yes, he's doing absolutely fine on around 60k - average is about 46k. Please see him doing a kind of hole-card-checky ducking dance below because I like Photoshop (afraid you've got to be signed in to see it, so all ye Guests, join us!).

He seemed to be more in the region of 30k when I passed by him a few moments ago, so he may have had a small accident...or have been hiding chips from my view which is just plain wrong.

As I didn't find any interesting shots of players on my travels, here are the very impressive trophies that await the lucky winner and runners up of this event...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 06:37:21 PM »

Snoops has doubled up Mike Lacey. The two hearts he was holding when I caught the hand is not as shameful as it sounds - AndrewT tells me that Mike was on the big blind and there were four or five limps before him so he checked it, and all the chips went in on the Two Diamonds flop - Snoopy was holding . The turn and river changed nothing, and Snoopy is down a bit and Mike has probably a playable stack now... 
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2007, 06:40:50 PM »

Another exit -

These two gentlemen were on their backs, as it were, when I strolled by.

Mateyboy walking off below -

Mateyboy not walking off below -

Did I give it away there? Board - and an unsurprising more-or-less double-up for Still-Seated Mateyboy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: