blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:24:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Blondepoker.com Waterford Winter Festival: Day 2 (At A Glance)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondepoker.com Waterford Winter Festival: Day 2 (At A Glance)  (Read 18508 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2007, 09:42:29 PM »

Tikay has just claimed to have 690k so he seems to be the chip leader.

There hasn't been official confirmation of this yet although his earlier claim that he's looking forward to his upcoming 27th birthday may cast a shadow of suspicion over the veracity of this claim...

Rob Taylor was just allin, although he won a decent pot uncontested as his opponent folded, Rob showing Q-Q.

Here he is, having survived that confrontation, but whether he can he survive the possibly deadly attack from the man behind him about to stab him with his fingers is another question...Is this Monica Seles all over again!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2007, 10:09:48 PM »

Ken Corkery, who is vying with the jen-meister for the chip lead has just played out a big pot with Paul Higgins.

His was involved in a preflop race with Paul Higgins and when Paul failed to improve on the board, Ken was left to sweep up all his opponent's chips, possibly overtaking Jen for the chip lead and sending Paul to the rail...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 10:18:19 PM »

Snoopy was just allin!

When we joined his table he was very short with about 7k or so after posting his 1.5k from the small blind.

There was a raise from Matey O' Boy, who I should know the name of, but don't, to 9k...

Snoopy thought he had to move with and it proved a good call as his opponent tabled the dominated Ah ...

Sadly a 9 on the turn was the only improvement for both players, meaning Snoopy is OUT around the 50th mark. Bad luck Beagle, but well played 

You are gone but not forgotten...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2007, 10:24:05 PM »

Nicky Power is OUT. Not sure what happened, but there was a huge amount of shouting accompanying his exit, and what seemed to be football-stylee chanting.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2007, 10:30:33 PM »

Ken Corkery is cutting through the field like a knife through butter and yet again he takes a player out, his AsQs holding versus his opponent's Two Diamonds on a Q-K-7-T-8 flop...

We are left with 47 left and Ken is likely to be the outright chip leader as we stand with 215k, whilst Jen has been going well in 2nd at the moment...

We are on the last hand of the 1.5k 3k 200 level before the players will be taking a short break. After that we will move onto the 2k 4k 300 level. I beleive 30 are paid so the shorter stacks may start to tighten up in view of the money now, which means the more aggressive big stacks will no doubt start to plunder like the chipped up bandits they are.

I'm sure this lady won't be too quiet...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2007, 10:53:26 PM »

Ok, the players have returned to their seats for the critical period as the bubble approaches...

The blinds are now 2k 4k with a running 300 ante.

This will eat heavily into the medium stacks if they stay still whilst the short stacks will have to find spots very soon so I anticipate a fair bit of action over this level.

I'm going to mingle with gladiators to see what happens...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2007, 10:57:25 PM »

Mr Hou Man Chin - who shouted to me, "I saw your Photoshop work!" how very embarrassing - is on around 105k.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2007, 11:23:07 PM »

Jen just raised preflop to 12k and was called by the small blind.

The flop popped out three diamonds .

Check......check by Jen.

The turn was the . Checked again by the small blind, Jen now bet 16k quickly and the small blind passed, enabling Jen to pick up a nice pot...

The play seems to have really tightened up, there's not much action at the moment, as we approach the bubble...

Just as I write that , Mr Lyons seems to have been busted, his K-K running into a flopped set of on a Q-8-5 flop...

Bad time for that to happen....

45 left, 30 paid, 20 minutes of 2k-4k-300 remain. The tension grows palpable and the players are sweating over every decision...

Jen still looks very relaxed though, her eyes darting around craftily as she soaks up information on her table like a sponge
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 11:37:13 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2007, 11:42:36 PM »

Keith Cummins doubles up off The Fox his holding versus Fox's .

and NOW Keith gets his chips in yet again for a big 140k-ish pot.

Holding J-J versus the shorter stacked John Kelly's T-T, a board of ....

5-6-2-2-5

ensued, meaning Keith's Jacks held for a 2nd double up in 5 minutes whilst Kelly is knocked out around 42nd place...

Now's the time to be getting those sort of situations...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2007, 11:47:51 PM »

A huge and excessively shouty three-way all in on Table Jen.

Somehow shortstack Rocky Ronayne and somewhat less shortstacked Colette Murphyand the brown-jacketed gent we have mentioned before found themselves all in preflop.

Rocky Ronayne -

Colette Murphy -

Henry -

Board -

And it takes everyone a moment to realise that it is not Colette who has won the main pot but underdog Ronayne. "I'll take the side pot, I'll take the side pot!" she cries with delight. It's nice to see someone so happy with the not-totally-winning hand. I believe Henry is now OUT, failing to make a recovery after a series of shoves following that.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2007, 11:48:14 PM »

The action is fast and furious now...

Rob Taylor gets it in preflop versus the extremely well stacked Ken Corkery.

Rob shows 7-7, Ken shows A-K, meaning the two find themselves in a 140k (again!) .....

The first card out is a 7 to wild enthusiastic cheers of support for the popular Rob...

The board now comes 3-4-5 though to give Ken a gutshot for victory...

...BUT thankfully for Rob the river bricks out in the form of an 8, propelling him to a good stack of 140k...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2007, 12:12:07 AM »

Tikay has just picked up a few chips, he seems to have won them off Jen, although not sure of the details.

He is up to 55k ish after that and appears happy, although a little hot like many of the players...It's amazing, it's absolutely freezing and wet and windy outside but like an oven inside!

The blinds have now been an attritional 2.5k - 5k - 400 for 20 minutes now..

Thomas Nolan's Q-Q just held versus an allin player's A-T, meaning we are now down to 40 players...

I just spoke to the well lubricated Mike Lacey, who is smiling an laughing as usual, especially as he tells me that 10 of the remaining 40 players are Green Joker Poker players.

"Watch out for the bomber!" he told me, referring to Thomas Nolan. "He's a real danger man!"

Oh, I will, as no doubt, will Jen who is on his table and watching closely...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2007, 12:15:29 AM »

How many left?

40. Average chips just over 100k, blinds 2.5k/5k with a 400 ante. They're taking an unscheduled 15 minute break to rail off the tables - currently as soon as someone's all in a crowd three or four deep rushes over to watch...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2007, 12:20:43 AM »

CORRECTION:

I thought Nicky Power was out, but it turns out he's still in, with chips, being really aggressive to Jen's left on her new table. Apologies.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2007, 12:46:23 AM »

What are the prizes on offer today?

These are the juicy prizes that await the players who make the last 31 spots...Yes 31 will be paid so 32 is the evil bubble spot

1        €37,000
2        €23,000
3        €13,000
4        €9,500
5        €8,500
6        €7,200
7        €6,000
8        €4,500
9        €3,000
10      €2,200
11-13  €1,700
14-16  €1,500
17-20  €1,100
21-30  €950

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: