blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:16:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Sleeping pattern (or lack of)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sleeping pattern (or lack of)  (Read 5900 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 06:10:53 PM »

No. Drink your bourbon.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 12:01:35 AM »

Why do that to yourselves?
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 12:10:39 AM »

Thanks for the replies, I think I would like a structure but I fear im not motivated enough to have one.

Example this evening ad on sky for Sri Lanka vs England test series starting at 4:30am Saturday, my reaction was to think how i could get up at 4am to settle down for 7 hours cricket hmmmmmm. Given im going to the opening of DTD thursday evening (thinly veiled brag).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 12:15:05 AM »

went to bed at 5 am this morning and surfaced for the racing at about 11 ish, then went to bed at 16.30 for a power nap before the footy and emerged at 23.30, I too am struggling to use the alarm clock as you described.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 12:16:35 AM »

Thanks for the replies, I think I would like a structure but I fear im not motivated enough to have one.

Example this evening ad on sky for Sri Lanka vs England test series starting at 4:30am Saturday, my reaction was to think how i could get up at 4am to settle down for 7 hours cricket hmmmmmm. Given im going to the opening of dtd thursday evening (thinly veiled brag).

I think I may have just found my soulmate, but am concerned they may not look great in a dress.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 12:33:53 AM »

Example this evening ad on sky for Sri Lanka vs England test series starting at 4:30am Saturday, my reaction was to think how i could get up at 4am to settle down for 7 hours cricket hmmmmmm. Given im going to the opening of dtd thursday evening (thinly veiled brag).

I think I may have just found my soulmate, but am concerned they may not look great in a dress.

Your concerns are very well founded.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 05:08:59 AM »

Nearly 5am and im still up.

Last night was the same and I have to get up at 7.30am latest to get kids to school.

I did have a kind of routine where I sleep maybe 2 hours (up to 4 is better) take the kids to school, then sleep from 9am till 2pm...its worked for me for the last couple of years but because my daughter has been playing up so much about going to school she is now going part time ie IF i can get her there she is there from 9am till 12pm which means I dont get my 5 hour kip :-( Only 2 days into it and im cream crackered.

What I need is a reason to go to bed LOL
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 09:49:53 AM »

Sounds like a lot of you are B-people - our body clocks tend to run a bit longer than 24 hour cycles.

http://www.b-society.org/node/15

I know I am as well - even if I'm really tired I have trouble getting to sleep at night, and getting up in the mornings is hell.
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 12:38:11 PM »

Sounds like a lot of you are B-people - our body clocks tend to run a bit longer than 24 hour cycles.

http://www.b-society.org/node/15

Interesting, thanks for that. I've always run on this sort of 26-28 hour cycle. I find it incredibly hard to stick to a typical 11pm-7am sort of sleep pattern, and once I'm out of line, waking up later, I have to get further out of line in order to get back to 'normal' - ie I have to stretch the cycle still further for a few days, rather than just cutting back my sleep and getting up earlier on one day.

That said, I don't know really how natural this is for me - it generally doesn't leave me feeling very well. Shouldn't complain too much though, sympathy to Suzanne for her zero hour sleep cycles...

Longy, maybe you should set up a home game for 4.30 am Saturday, looks like you could get a few takers..!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 01:17:28 PM »

Those of you that have no actual job, and just doss about playing poker, might want to experiment with the six day week.

Instead of seven 24-hour days, you adjust your routine so your week consists of six 28-hour days (you go to bed four hours later every calendar day).
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 01:10:30 PM »

Yep im definatly a B person.

Those of you that have no actual job, and just doss about playing poker, might want to experiment with the six day week.

Instead of seven 24-hour days, you adjust your routine so your week consists of six 28-hour days (you go to bed four hours later every calendar day).

I think this would suit me perfect if I didnt have to get up for the kids.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 03:28:08 PM »

What I need is a reason to go to bed LOL

Woof!!

The older I get, the better I was.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 02:58:50 AM »

Bollox to this b-person bollox, what you have is alarm apathy. What my mother (and everyone's mother in fact) would call lazy.
No reason to get up when you ain't got shit to do that can't get done later.

Fuck all you can do about not being up late, goes with the territory. Poker poker poker.

What you can do is create a reason to get up (not at silly o'clock, I'm not talking Egg McMuffin early, noon or something reasonable like that)

Get a regular appointment set up. A squash game etc, with a friend who has a real job and a lunch hour. (Or a fellow bum with a similar problem)
The alarm starts to mean something, you have to get out of bed or it'll let the other person down.
Maybe on other days you could get some guitar lessons organised or something. Be creative, fill the week, get some hobbys that don't involve hearts and diamonds.

I lived that lifestyle for 2 years and a bit and never played one fucking game of squash, wish I did now.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 03:10:45 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 05:20:40 AM »

Bollox to this b-person bollox, what you have is alarm apathy. What my mother (and everyone's mother in fact) would call lazy.
No reason to get up when you ain't got shit to do that can't get done later.

Fuck all you can do about not being up late, goes with the territory. Poker poker poker.

What you can do is create a reason to get up (not at silly o'clock, I'm not talking Egg McMuffin early, noon or something reasonable like that)

Get a regular appointment set up. A squash game etc, with a friend who has a real job and a lunch hour. (Or a fellow bum with a similar problem)
The alarm starts to mean something, you have to get out of bed or it'll let the other person down.
Maybe on other days you could get some guitar lessons organised or something. Be creative, fill the week, get some hobbys that don't involve hearts and diamonds.

I lived that lifestyle for 2 years and a bit and never played one fucking game of squash, wish I did now.

Naaa ur wrong tanky.

I had from an early age a sleep problem, falling asleep in class etc. I went on to college with the intentions of trying to make uni but I was just too tired during the day to concentrate, i would study at night just fine but was too tired to make classes and so failed my course.

I then went to Spain and worked there for nearly 10 years off and on and the normal time for bed was 4.30am which was fine but with each night of the week I would have to stay up a few hours more till by day 5 I had stayed up all night and day and then slept for 14 hours on my day off so I was ready to tackle the following week.

When my kids were babies it was so easy for me to get up for them in the middle of the night, in fact to be honest I enjoyed those middle of the night times, just me and the baby and the whole world fast asleep (pre online poker lol) It was probably down to me that my daughter was 4yrs old before she slept all night.

But that was all 6 years ago and yet here I am at nearly 5.30 and still awake :-(

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 06:22:42 AM »

Actually...to be honest.

Apart from being worried sick about my family and how I can cope with looking after them I now have a new problem which will mean that looking after my family will be taken out of my hands.

I am expecting a visit from the police tomorrow and have no idea what is going to happen but it doesnt look good.

My sister has a very dodgy on/off partner, shes been with him for about 10 yrs now but hes never around. Hes either got loads of money or is completely skint.

My sis worked out that it would be a good idea to stash some money to pay the bills for the down periods and thats what she did. She paid all the bills and told him that she borrowed the money from me. She then nagged him to pay the money back to me which he did and then when the money appered in my account I transferred it back into her secret account.

It now turns out that the money he paid to me was stolen and I am now being accused of money laundering...actually Im not being accussed, I have been told that I am guilty of the offence but they now need to establish if I did it with knowledge or not. I had absolutely no idea what was going on but they are not going to believe that are they!!

I just want it all over done with...the waiting and mental torment is far worse than knowing. A couple of month in a cell doesnt seem so bad right now...hopefully I will finally find out tomorrow ( in a few hours) what is going on.

Its sure to cure my sleeping patterns tho :-)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 06:26:36 AM by suzanne » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: