blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:43:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  NHS
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHS  (Read 3476 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 09:19:47 AM »

Quote from: madasahatstand
My personal gripe (nothing to do with your boy) is the way society has pathologised every sniffle. We are a 'sick' society. We put pressure on the NHS but going with the slightest thing. Ive got a friend who has hay fever and shes at the docs regularly, taking up vital appointments that real sick people could have. People have forgotten the basics of a healthy life. Exercise, a good diet and a few smiles a day keeps the doctor away. Too many people have something missing in their lives and the doctor becomes a substitute for all those things.

Agree 100% with this.  Too many people are in to the docs with the slightest sniffle, it's a massive burden.

Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 09:59:43 AM »

I hope things sort themselves out soon for your son Boss

The NHS has its plus points and also negative areas.   I think everyone has had a bad experience with the NHS at some point.  However they also do some great work at other times.  My negative experiences include waiting eight months when I was a Kid to have anything done about severe back pain, it was only after I waved a PPP form under their noses one day that they took any action to help me. Within a week I had had a back operation  as a private patient .  They also missed two of my Dads heart attacks and told him it was indigestion.  He had his third attack within a three week period and after scans at the Hospital it revealed he had already had two previous heart attacks.. 

However they also provided great care for my Gran and Grandad in their declining years.

They do a lot of good, but sadly make a lot of errors as well.   
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 02:16:58 PM »

Can see it from both sides as I also work for the NHS.
However after breaking my leg and being treated in the NHS I wouldn't want that shite care/service etc on anybody
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 02:53:36 PM »

I have mixed feeling's about the NHS.

My Op went well and I was treated really good. But the place was so understaffed, rushed and basically lacking funding. I am yet to see anyone after my Op to tell me what they did, how it went or what I should do (bar a leaflet telling me to bend my knee etc etc).

KaiserSose
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 02:57:26 PM »

Nowadays with all the super bugs going arund in hospitals it's freaky stuff ending up in hospital.  God knows if ou'll come out feeling better or even alive.  The idea of free treatment is fantastic but if only they'd deliver a better service. 

Right... off to get a dentist appointment!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 04:50:24 PM »

The idea of free treatment is fantastic but if only they'd deliver a better service. 

Right... off to get a dentist appointment!

works fine on mainland Europe Smiley..you can even see a dentist that..and I don't mean just in a museum or Hans Christian Anderson book

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 06:14:02 PM »

Approx 750 people per Doctor an increase of 150ish per doctor in the last 10 years.

Average figure of visits per person per year has been on the rise for 15 years as well, at a shocking rate.

A "sick" society, putting pressure on a shrinking Health service, many trusts have managed to have a surplus of cash this year after all the publicity around under funded authorities around the country in the previous few years, the suits now horde our tax for a rainy day.  And yet Branch's such as Mental Health and Maternity still get there budgets vigorously cut, does not make sense.

Hope your boy has a speedy recovery Duke.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
flooze

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 06:30:32 PM »

I work on the front line in the NHS and while the service is not by any means perfect most of the people who deal with patients are there because they care and on the whole are compassionate individuals. My reception staff do a bl**dy hard job often dealing with abusive patients with unrealistic expectations of an over stretched service. They are often hit from both sides - patients for not giving out nonexistant apointments and from clinical staff who shout when extra patients are squeezed in. They are inundated with gifts at Christmas time and receive thank you cards on a regular basis.
We can all find good and bad examples in every system. If the people involved, staff and patients took a little bit more responsibility for themselves and their problems perhaps things would run smoother. We are also only human and mistakes do get made.The problem is when this is not aknowledged. We also pay taxes!!
I hope the infected leg soon is better.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: