blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:21:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Hustle/Scams
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hustle/Scams  (Read 4140 times)
Sark79

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2007, 11:20:30 PM »

I am working my way through all of the episodes of The 'Real Hustle' on alluc.org

http://www14.alluc.org/alluc/tv-shows.html?action=getviewcategory&category_uid=9697

These people are very clever.  Fortunately I have never been approached by a scam artist,  I know I would 100% get caught out as I am very trusting. 

Has anyone been caught out by a scam artist ?

wader leg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 11:47:51 PM »

I once bought 1/2 an ounce of oxo cubes at a rave in 1990.
Smoked most of it before I realised.

Sealed Knot Society, let's see you do this one.
Luton Town V Millwall 1985
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 11:57:21 PM »

yeah - I'm pretty sure I gave a fiver to a scammer the other week.  Always obvious in hindsight, but at the time it just doesn't cross your mind that someone is anything other than a decent human being.  I'm too trusting as well, but rather that than too cynical.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 12:00:12 AM »

I once bought 1/2 an ounce of oxo cubes at a rave in 1990.
Smoked most of it before I realised.

ended up wasted and snogging the face of lynda bellingham ?

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 12:16:22 AM »

Wasn't it a blonde poster who was in the 'pub game' draw poker set up?

Or maybe it was a THM poster.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 12:51:45 AM »

i once sold 1/2 an ounce of oxo cube to some mug at a rave in 1990. Never been the victim though.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 01:17:16 AM »

Wasn't it a blonde poster who was in the 'pub game' draw poker set up?

Or maybe it was a THM poster.

The man, the legend, Matt Dale

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=20713.0
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 01:20:19 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 01:24:44 AM »

I once went to a lapdancing bar on Freemont Street. 

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »

Had a lady outside our offices carrying a petrol can trying the old petrol trick on me the other day.

I politely told her i dont give money to scrounging fuckers and that there was a police station just behind the office. She soon scarpered!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 12:27:11 PM »

I am working my way through all of the episodes of The 'Real Hustle' on alluc.org

http://www14.alluc.org/alluc/tv-shows.html?action=getviewcategory&category_uid=9697

These people are very clever.  Fortunately I have never been approached by a scam artist,  I know I would 100% get caught out as I am very trusting. 

Sark leave it out this progarams the biggest load of shit ive ever seen in my life, i watched a bit of an episode at my mates house where the bird was shortchanging people and theyd set up camp in oxford street, the segment lasted about 7 mins and comprised of TWO successful short changes, now that makes me wonder why with a 7 min time slot to fill on the program and going through all the trouble of setting up an icecream stall in central London did they only show 2, I'll tell you why because for the other 10 hours they were up there the other 150 she tried it on said "you just tapped the last pound on top but didn't put it in my hand now give the correct change before i smash your icecream stand up and stick an icecream on top of your head".

What a coup, 2 pound for a days work, what did she put that toward, petrol for the day, licence to trade, rental/purchase of the stall?

Leave it out these lot are a bunch of fuckin idiots.

there all posh bods that went to university probably, what the fuck do they know about hustling?

As for the poker scam, OMG loooooooooooooool, what is it the 1930s? we've all seen the hustle, it was a good film, but seriously come on, two new faces turn up(i dont care if they didnt turn up at the same time) i mean i watched and the geezer dont even look drunk.

then lets look at it, all of a sudden he changes it to no limit buy in, changes the game, and then the hand where the other stranger is dealing i get dealt 3 kings andf the geezer(with the most overtly ridiculous acting, seriously you couldnt get a part on home and away like that) sticks he's 3 jacks in my face LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, i'm not going to be a little bit suspicious? if my ears started bleeding and it was clear i had a ruptured brain tumour you may get me but apart from that i'd start to piss myself laughing, fold 3 kings up and say "LATERRRRRRR"

The  impressive thing about it was the guys shuffling, very talented, I would watch a program about him.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 12:50:23 PM by bolt pp » Logged
steeveg

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 12:29:39 PM »

i got my phone bill 1 month,nooo i thought it must be a wrong its way to big, my son who was only 13 at the time,he had a few of them scratch cards everyone wins and not told me , phone call costs a fortune ,i think he won a rubber in the end ,i was not amused,lol
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 12:54:29 PM »

Sark leave it out this progarams the biggest load of shit ive ever seen in my life, i watched a bit of an episode at my mates house where the bird was shortchanging people and theyd set up camp in oxford street, the segment lasted about 7 mins and comprised of TWO successful short changes, now that makes me wonder why with a 7 min time slot to fill on the program and going through all the trouble of setting up an icecream stall in central London did they only show 2, I'll tell you why because for the other 10 hours they were up there the other 150 she tried it on said "you just tapped the last pound on top but didn't put it in my hand now give the correct change before i smash your icecream stand up and stick an icecream on top of your head".

What a coup, 2 pound for a days work, what did she put that toward, petrol for the day, licence to trade, rental/purchase of the stall?

Leave it out these lot are a bunch of fuckin idiots.

there all posh bods that went to university probably, what the fuck do they know about hustling?

As for the poker scam, OMG loooooooooooooool, what is it the 1930s? we've all seen the hustle, it was a good film, but seriously come on, two new faces turn up(i dont care if they didnt turn up at the same time) i mean i watched and the geezer dont even look drunk.

then lets look at it, all of a sudden he changes it to no limit buy in, changes the game, and then the hand where the other stranger is dealing i get dealt 3 kings andf the geezer(with the most overtly ridiculous acting, seriously you couldnt get a part on home and away like that) sticks he's 3 jacks in my face LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, i'm not going to be a little bit suspicious? if my ears started bleeding and it was clear i had a ruptured brain tumour you may get me but apart from that i'd start to piss myself laughing, fold 3 kings up and say "LATERRRRRRR"

The  impressive thing about it was the guys shuffling, very talented, I would watch a program about him.

Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 01:08:27 PM »

I think the two guys on the show were professional magicians, the womans only skill is that she is attractive .   
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 07:21:48 PM »

if you like that reality program Sark you might also like the BBC drama series ' Hustle '

think spooks but with a team of hustlers/con artists pulling scores. some very smart moves and storylines involved.

i've just watched the first 2 series and im moving on to the third shortly.    thumbs up

is it cold in his shadow ?
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 08:41:31 PM »

if you like that reality program Sark you might also like the BBC drama series ' Hustle '

think spooks but with a team of hustlers/con artists pulling scores. some very smart moves and storylines involved.

i've just watched the first 2 series and im moving on to the third shortly.    thumbs up

Yea mate, it is a decent show.  One of the people on the 'Real Hustle' worked as an advisor for the tv show 'Hustle'.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: