blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 11:20:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273019 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  lost connection
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: lost connection  (Read 2695 times)
350z

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2007, 12:02:34 PM »

just got too the last 3 on a $225 sit&go and completly lost connection i was chip leader at this point, i managed to get back on to find im left with 1575 in chips  basically about 4 blinds  , now how i managed to not put my fist straight through my lap top i will never know.

Have any of you guys ever had the same prob and how did you keep your cool because im still steamin .
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 12:07:24 PM »

just got too the last 3 on a $225 sit&go and completly lost connection i was chip leader at this point, i managed to get back on to find im left with 1575 in chips  basically about 4 blinds  , now how i managed to not put my fist straight through my lap top i will never know.

Have any of you guys ever had the same prob and how did you keep your cool because im still steamin .

Count to 10?   I d suggest going for  run to blow off some steam Smiley

Patience is a virtue.

Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 12:09:19 PM »

Been there done that, you allways seem to be able to get back on just before you go out.
Sucks, but what can you do?
 Angry
350z

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 12:26:48 PM »

im defo not playin another game for a couple of hours not sure what i would do if it done it again i dont think i could control myself.
reenot
TEAM UNKNOWNS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 02:01:23 PM »

Always a good idea to have a backup plan as it only seems to happen when you are deep. Ring a friend to play for you (doesn't help when the whole exchange is down which happened to me Monday night) or dig out your old modem lead with a PAYG dial up connection. 1p a min but it can be the difference between cashing/winning a seat or bubbling.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 02:19:36 PM »

Losing yout temper is deffo the best policy. It goes such a long way toward solving the problem.

The older I get, the better I was.
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 04:04:55 PM »

Losing yout temper is deffo the best policy. It goes such a long way toward solving the problem.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 04:38:03 PM »

I have been there a number of times, I play up to 12 sngs at a time and if the sites crashes (often in partys case) its a bloody nightmare. Mainly due to the fact a back up is often useless as when you log in again to party the software goes loopy reloading the tables, which leads to the tables not loading up or having missing button etc.

I actually quit sng's because of this after losing 100's of dollars in equity for the upteenith time and have started grinding cash, which i think is a positive decision all the way round, cash hardly ever tilits me in the way sngs do.
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 05:30:06 PM »

A couple of times on Party I've had a scenario where I've been playing STTs and cash at the same time only to get disco'ed from the STTs but able to continue playing on the cash table! Confused the feck out of me when it first happened!
I can only assume the prob was at their end and that they must run the cash tables off a different server - anyone know for sure?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: