blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 07:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273021 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  poker tutor/teacher
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: poker tutor/teacher  (Read 22812 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 05:06:31 PM »

But always remember, your poker style will reflect your character, as in life, as in poker, & no amount of mentoring can or should change that. If you are cautious & prudent in life, dont try to be ultra-lairy at the table, it won't work.

Really?

I am the opposite in life to what i am in poker.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 05:09:46 PM »

But always remember, your poker style will reflect your character, as in life, as in poker, & no amount of mentoring can or should change that. If you are cautious & prudent in life, dont try to be ultra-lairy at the table, it won't work.

Really?

!

That kite ain't EVER gonna fly!

I've never met any player who more proves my point than you, Lord Dempsey of Brighton.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 05:12:35 PM »

Really?

i'm weak passive in both

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 05:20:48 PM »

Your right Tony-

I'm shy and insecure and have a very tight passive game.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2007, 05:23:04 PM »

Really?

i'm weak passive in both

Absolutely......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2007, 05:23:31 PM »

Your right Tony-

I'm shy and insecure and have a very tight passive game.

More proof that I'm right.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2007, 05:26:59 PM »

Really?

!

I've never met any player who more proves my point than you, Lord Dempsey of Brighton.

Just because i am loud does not mean i am reckless in life. I am extremely cautious and prudent in life, far from my poker game.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Slick Kid

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2007, 05:33:23 PM »

Really?

!

Just because i am loud does not mean i am reckless in life. I am extremely cautious and prudent in life, far from my poker game.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2007, 06:17:19 PM »

Want another student Cheesy

With regards to Simons point about talking things through with friends, I'm not fortunate enough to have friends that play poker, well I do, but they consider me to be of a quite high standard, so I've no hope on a educational conversation with them, they're just not into it.  I'm on my own pretty much.

Perhaps through Blonde we could set up a low stakes study group for mtts, sit and gos, satellites, cash, whatever there was interest in.

I think this is a good idea if anyone is interested in doing it. I happy to throw my hat into the ring to do stuff with sng's and cash. My sng game is alot stronger than my cash game though, which im certainly still going through the learning process with.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2007, 06:24:48 PM »

In response to OP, i have never paid one penny in coaching/teaching or training sites not that means you shouldn't. It will acclerate your learning if you do go down this road.

There are many things to consider are you at a point where you feel you can't progress your game without these aids (I guess not), as posted on here there is own PHA board which while not perfect has some really good posters on it. Personally I don't know whether this is ethical but the 2+2 forums has helped my game enormously more than any book or anything else and i think i would be far worse player without the stuff i have picked up on there.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2007, 06:48:52 PM »

With regards to Simons point about talking things through with friends, I'm not fortunate enough to have friends that play poker, well I do, but they consider me to be of a quite high standard, so I've no hope on a educational conversation with them, they're just not into it.  I'm on my own pretty much.

Perhaps through Blonde we could set up a low stakes study group for mtts, sit and gos, satellites, cash, whatever there was interest in.

I think this is a good idea if anyone is interested in doing it. I happy to throw my hat into the ring to do stuff with sng's and cash. My sng game is alot stronger than my cash game though, which im certainly still going through the learning process with.

Ye actually have a VERY good idea there and it could be really easy to get going, especially if the newbies to Blonde/the poker world are seriously interested...which I think they are. 

Could work a bit like this:

6 to 9 months experience or less gets you in to a relatively low buy in (maybe $5 or $10 once a week?) tournament on Blonde with 2 or 3 'experienced' players to join ye (depending on newbie numbers - say 1 experienced for every 10 new).  The 'experienced' players are not there to crush the newbies, but to talk them through the hand after it's complete if asked.  Yes, the 'experienced' players are expected to play a decent game, but ya know what I mean...give the new members half a chance with the understanding they are learning and you are trying to help them.  (Open to debate, of course.) 

Have it in a monthly league format (Beginner's League), same as the regular Blonde league and new members can only play for 6 consecutive months before they are considered 'too experienced' and need to join us in the regular weekly leagues if they'd like to continue on.  That said, all beginners are welcome into the regular league as well at any time, this would just be a special night each week...just for them.

We'd need some 'experienced' regulars to add their names to a list of 'tutors' who can either take it in turns or agree to play each week. 

End Goals -

It's a way to introduce new members to the forum as well as the Blonde poker site.

They will be learning the game from people who have half a clue and will be willing to talk them through hands (after the hand is complete) with a good spirit for the game.

Overall, it will hopefully help new members become better online players, but will also envelope them into the Blonde spirit/family as they'd all have something in common from the start and wouldn't feel isolated as 'newbie poker players'.

It's a simple way of introducing and 'teaching' all in one.  No?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2007, 06:56:24 PM »

Interesting...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
350z

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2007, 06:56:38 PM »

Great idea i would defo be up for somethin like this

Ye actually have a VERY good idea there and it could be really easy to get going, especially if the newbies to Blonde/the poker world are seriously interested...which I think they are. 

Could work a bit like this:

6 to 9 months experience or less gets you in to a relatively low buy in (maybe $5 or $10 once a week?) tournament on Blonde with 2 or 3 'experienced' players to join ye (depending on newbie numbers - say 1 experienced for every 10 new).  The 'experienced' players are not there to crush the newbies, but to talk them through the hand after it's complete if asked.  Yes, the 'experienced' players are expected to play a decent game, but ya know what I mean...give the new members half a chance with the understanding they are learning and you are trying to help them.  (Open to debate, of course.) 

Have it in a monthly league format (Beginner's League), same as the regular Blonde league and new members can only play for 6 consecutive months before they are considered 'too experienced' and need to join us in the regular weekly leagues if they'd like to continue on.  That said, all beginners are welcome into the regular league as well at any time, this would just be a special night each week...just for them.

We'd need some 'experienced' regulars to add their names to a list of 'tutors' who can either take it in turns or agree to play each week. 

End Goals -

It's a way to introduce new members to the forum as well as the Blonde poker site.

They will be learning the game from people who have half a clue and will be willing to talk them through hands (after the hand is complete) with a good spirit for the game.

Overall, it will hopefully help new members become better online players, but will also envelope them into the Blonde spirit/family as they'd all have something in common from the start and wouldn't feel isolated as 'newbie poker players'.

It's a simple way of introducing and 'teaching' all in one.  No?

great idea i would be up for it
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2007, 06:57:02 PM »

I am extremely cautious and prudent in life, far from my poker game.

That's just because you know it's prudent to be reckless in poker.

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2007, 06:57:51 PM »

Interesting...

Don't get so excited   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: