blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:08:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 401902 times)
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: September 24, 2009, 02:43:49 PM »

Keep chin up xx

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 24, 2009, 03:34:24 PM »

Just been told by the  anaesthetist that we should not have been told last night that he was 2nd on the list for the morning, as he is  7th on the list for this afternoon and this guy finishes at 17.30 and he is not sure if Reece will then go on the evening list.

Time to draw a line here Maurreen. You are so close to the wood that it must be hard to see the trees.

This is how I see it.

Here's a 4 year old, who struggles to hold his weight at 12 or 13k. He HAS to get food down him, & often. It's the very essence of his problem - food. Lack of food = lack of fuel, energy, & immunity to infection. He is ill. VERY ill.

He's now been deliberately "starved", or food-deprived, something like 3 days in the last 5, or whatever.

Do the Hossie not see the dark irony in this? Because of botched orgsanisation & poor administration, this boy is bottom of the list - again.

He is just sitting there, starving, waiting. For an Op that's being cancelled amost routinely.

Time to get seriously rebellious I think.

Phone the local paper, e-Mail the local MP, demand to see the Hospital Administrator.

This has to stop, right now, it's nothing short of criminal negligence.

If we can help with any of threse things, just say.

We are all onside with you Maureen, & we want to help.

x

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 24, 2009, 03:40:41 PM »

Just been told by the  anaesthetist that we should not have been told last night that he was 2nd on the list for the morning, as he is  7th on the list for this afternoon and this guy finishes at 17.30 and he is not sure if Reece will then go on the evening list.

Time to draw a line here Maurreen. You are so close to the wood that it must be hard to see the trees.

This is how I see it.

Here's a 4 year old, who struggles to hold his weight at 12 or 13k. He HAS to get food down him, & often. It's the very essence of his problem - food. Lack of food = lack of fuel, energy, & immunity to infection. He is ill. VERY ill.

He's now been deliberately "starved", or food-deprived, something like 3 days in the last 5, or whatever.

Do the Hossie not see the dark irony in this? Because of botched orgsanisation & poor administration, this boy is bottom of the list - again.

He is just sitting there, starving, waiting. For an Op that's being cancelled amost routinely.

Phone the local paper, e-Mail the local MP, demand to see the Hospital Administrator.

x

Good post Tikay.

Reece is so lucky he has the most caring people around him but its such a disgrace that the hospital treats him like this.

I never complain about paying tax but when it's being used to fund a service as bad as this one I'm ashamed and embarrassed.

Hopefully things get better but maybe it's time to take a different course of action?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1023 on: September 24, 2009, 03:44:06 PM »

This is how I see it.

x

Good post Tikay.

Reece is so lucky he has the most caring people around him but its such a disgrace that the hospital treats him like this.

I never complain about paying tax but when it's being used to fund a service as bad as this one I'm ashamed and embarrassed.

Hopefully things get better but maybe it's time to take a different course of action?

great posts guys

best wishes to Reece x

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 24, 2009, 04:11:10 PM »

Cancelled

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 24, 2009, 04:15:28 PM »

Cancelled

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear that Maureen.

When are they now saying it will be?

What reason did they give for the cancellation?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 24, 2009, 04:42:54 PM »

It was highly likely that it would never have happened today BUT.......................

...major error on both sides, The play room is visual from Reece's bed, he was playing happily, Stacey was sat on the bed talking to a parent in the next bed. Somehow like a flash, Reece managed to sneak out the door to the adjoining door which is the KITCHEN. There he persuaded the CLEANER to give him a large drink and he also ate a 1/4 of a bread roll of the side bfore Stacey realised he was in there, which the cleaner denies giving him. She must have watched him get it, the tops are high,. Yes, Stacey was negligent as the hospital say, but in her defence Stacey herself has shut the kitchen door at least 8 times today to stop children wandering in there it is continuosly left ajar. Also, the kitchen door is a, right next to the play room, well planned new hospital designer, B, WTF was the cleaner doing giving out drinks and allowing food to be eaten when not knowing the child condition.

Reece is not silly, he is hungry, he has, like Darren said , adapted and overcome the situation.

Starve again from 12 midnight tonight.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 24, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »

It was highly likely that it would never have happened today BUT.......................

...major error on both sides, The play room is visual from Reece's bed, he was playing happily, Stacey was sat on the bed talking to a parent in the next bed. Somehow like a flash, Reece managed to sneak out the door to the adjoining door which is the KITCHEN. There he persuaded the CLEANER to give him a large drink and he also ate a 1/4 of a bread roll of the side bfore Stacey realised he was in there, which the cleaner denies giving him. She must have watched him get it, the tops are high,. Yes, Stacey was negligent as the hospital say, but in her defence Stacey herself has shut the kitchen door at least 8 times today to stop children wandering in there it is continuosly left ajar. Also, the kitchen door is a, right next to the play room, well planned new hospital designer, B, WTF was the cleaner doing giving out drinks and allowing food to be eaten when not knowing the child condition.

Reece is not silly, he is hungry, he has, like Darren said , adapted and overcome the situation.

Starve again from 12 midnight tonight.

Yikes.

This is like one of those nightmares that just goes on & on......

Tomorrow will be Good Friday.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 24, 2009, 11:05:01 PM »

As said by others, have you consdered local paper and your MP Maureen?

If you are too busy, which I am sure you are, others like myself could help apply pressure in other, less direct ways such as those above, to ease the situation Reece finds himself in day after day

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 24, 2009, 11:08:44 PM »

As said by others, have you consdered local paper and your MP Maureen?

If you are too busy, which I am sure you are, others like myself could help apply pressure in other, less direct ways such as those above, to ease the situation Reece finds himself in day after day

This.

"Noisy neighbours" would be nothing on us lot, if we got on the case.....

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 24, 2009, 11:12:54 PM »

Laxie has asked me to write a report / medical brief of Reece's case, hopefully before Monday for Kin. I myself have contacted a daily tabloid but they are not interested, local papers are not really relevant i think, because we live in Huddersfield and this hossy is the new one in Manchester.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 24, 2009, 11:15:37 PM »

Laxie has asked me to write a report / medical brief of Reece's case, hopefully before Monday for Kin. I myself have contacted a daily tabloid but they are not interested, local papers are not really relevant i think, because we live in Huddersfield and this hossy is the new one in Manchester.

The name of your Local MP?

The name of the Senior Administrator at the Hossie, or the name of the Hossie?

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 24, 2009, 11:16:22 PM »

Darren has been into the Labour office in town just to ask about funding for abroad ie the Boston side of things. But they did not seem confident as there is alternatives over here. Like what he has already had.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 24, 2009, 11:19:53 PM »

The name of your Local MP?

The name of the Senior Administrator at the Hossie, or the name of the Hossie?

We only get to see the ward manager, maybe used to be called matron. of ward 79 manchester childrens hospital. (The new one)

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 24, 2009, 11:21:51 PM »

http://www.borninmanchester.co.uk/

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: