blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:50:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 402309 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: September 25, 2009, 06:20:52 PM »

ChipP..it was a new line, about his 15th, small op to some and only took 1 1/2hours, but more serious on Reece due to lack of veins.

Home now, what a week.........aye. Talk about emotional.

I cannot thank you all enough for the support you have all shown. I understand it may be hard for some of you to understand, but trust me, each and every post , call,  text, pm really come at times when , I personally really need a boost. I like to think I am strong for us trust me, at times a am a chocolate fire guard.

A couple of you mention that you would not cope, trust me when it smacks you in the face and there is no choice but  to get on with it you'd cope too. I always thought like that, but when it happens, and after feeling sorry for yourself, then trying to workout how many butterfly wings you pulled off in the past for this to happen to you, one finally resides to the fact that life as we knew it has gone, it will never come back, that carefree life where the only worries were my figure / does my bum look big in this / what do the neighbours think, wish I had a nice home / car... etc etc .... do not matter in the least. Nothing does apart from us getting through this remaining intact as a family unit with Reece out living us. Plus giving Reece the strength he needs, after all he is the one that is ill .He is our life now, obv we go out but our minds are always on him, I personally never let go any more, , no matter how tipsy you are or how big a poker hand you have on that final table or whilst chilling in the steam room at the gym, there is ALWAYS a part of your mind that is on him. I am proud Tony Yes, to have such a very brave boy as my Grandson. I just wish it was me and not him.

He has a few small incisions, in the groin, and the line now comes out of his left side of his lower tummy. His main concern is " how am i going to wee Grandma, cause if I put my widgey roody over the toilet my line will flop in too" and the doctor lied to him. he told him he wasn't having the  needle that makes him go shakey shakey then sleep but he did give it him, lol. so funny still after all he goes through.

THANKS everyone from the bottom of my heart. XXXXXXX
Anyway, get this, he is now on his way home, sleeping in our bed, of course,

Enjoy your Friday evening!
x

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 25, 2009, 06:21:43 PM »

Welcome home Reece  xx

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 25, 2009, 06:26:24 PM »

Thinking of you all as always Mo xxx

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1083 on: September 25, 2009, 06:26:52 PM »

Nice positive end to the week and hopefully a chance to start moving forward again.  The possible USA treatment etc. I imagine Antonio will be wanting to made an assessment of the operation when he returns too?

I hope you all have a great and stress free weekend. Reece's attitude never fails to amaze, massively brave and hugely intelligent. Absolute one in a million.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:28:31 PM by Rooky9 » Logged

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 25, 2009, 06:28:28 PM »

I'm guna go and have a drink to celebrate the good news,i would normally stay in on a friday as well  Wink
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 25, 2009, 06:36:02 PM »

I'm guna go and have a drink to celebrate the good news,i would normally stay in on a friday as well  Wink

very noble of you Mond Wink

Glad to hear Reece is back on his way home. Do keep us informed as to the USA stuff etc

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 25, 2009, 08:56:48 PM »

Just got back from a great day of golf with friends I havn't seen for a while and thought the day couldn't get any better. Well it just did. Well done Reece you brave young man. Gandma and grandpops take the cork out and have a snifter. I am. X

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 26, 2009, 06:57:55 PM »

Hope all is well today (Saturday) Mo.

x

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1088 on: September 26, 2009, 09:21:01 PM »

All best Reece, Mo & Family. Brighter times ahead. xxx

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 27, 2009, 01:39:35 PM »

All best Reece, Mo & Family. Brighter times ahead. xxx

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 27, 2009, 02:14:21 PM »

Onwards and upwards Maureen, still brimfull of admiration for the wee man.

xx

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 27, 2009, 03:58:06 PM »

Bit of a worrying time Saturday morning, he was under the weather but has picked up. He is very sore in the groin area and not as mobile as normal but is getting there. Thanks all. xx

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 27, 2009, 04:12:22 PM »

I post this picture to allow those of you that ask questions about TPN, and new lines etc, to make it a little more clear as to why he needs a line. It is so that he can be fastened up to these pumps at night. He stays on these for 12 hours a time.

xxMAIRxx

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 27, 2009, 06:05:26 PM »

Thinking of you all xx
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 27, 2009, 06:21:30 PM »

xx
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: