blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:47:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 401875 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: September 03, 2010, 10:19:38 AM »

Maureen - check your PM's please. Some excellent news awaits......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 03, 2010, 01:22:23 PM »

thumbs up
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 03, 2010, 03:07:37 PM »

Oh Boy, it really was excellent.

A very kind Blonde member who wishes to remain anon has very kindly donated £500 to Reece which is going into his holiday fund.

How do we go about thanking you for this Mr Anon I do not know but from the bottom of our hearts THANK YOU. You are a very kind and thoughtful person. XXXXXX

To us that is a very large amount of money which puts Reece one step closer to reaching his dream holiday. All he ever talks about is ...when I go to Disney World....

The hero himself is doing remarkably well. He remains on TPN but is now down to 5 nights per week. His weight lingers around 16.6 k's which to us is around 2.5 stone I think. Not massive but he looks really well. Leeds are dropping his nights very slowly where as Manchester dropped them rapidly which resulted in him going to near skeleton and so weak he couldn't lift himself up, so we much prefer this way.

He returns to school on Monday, much to his dismay, he really does not want to go.

He is a comical as ever and comes out with such amazing things still that he really shouldn't know about, scary really.

At the moment they both live with us as Stacey still has to find a new home for the two of them which is not proving easy plus we move in October to a smaller place so it is going to be a real challenge.

I think that this period is almost as easy as we have ever had it with regards to Reece's health, and the best that Reece has ever felt. Touch wood, he has not had to be admitted to the ward for so long we can almost feel we are having a normal life. The results from his major op in March are still good, his tummy has not dilated again and we no longer have to drain excess fluid off it god knows how many times a day. He has ceased being sick, which he used to do numerous times a day, it's about a year since he had to wear a nappy in bed which we were told he would most likely wear one for for a good few years more. So he controls his bowel remarkably well to say it is so short. He gets up about twice a night to poo, remember he doesn't poo stools, just water so this is quite an achievement. We have a large potty in his room so he doesn't have to walk with his machine to the bathroom, he would of course but I don't think it fair on him to do that, it is bad enough he has to have his sleep disturbed every night but he never ever moans. He has gone from being on about twenty on meds a day at Manchester to non here. So do I think we made the right decision on moving him, well I think we can safely say the answer is very much a YES.

Once again, Thank you so much for thinking of us Mr Anon. XXXXXXX

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 03, 2010, 03:09:38 PM »

to Mr. Anon.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 03, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »

so glad to hear how well Reece is doing, and a fabulous gesture from anonymous

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 03, 2010, 03:12:20 PM »

exactly this.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 03, 2010, 03:20:56 PM »

exactly this.

goldstar

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 03, 2010, 05:06:25 PM »

exactly this.

goldstar

Blimey!  +1 and then some!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 03, 2010, 09:10:58 PM »

to Mr. Anon.

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1539 on: September 03, 2010, 10:32:09 PM »

Well done Sir!

And great news that Reece is progressing so well.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1540 on: September 03, 2010, 10:36:45 PM »

The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.

I heard this quote a long time ago. Now I know what it means.

The older I get, the better I was.
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 04, 2010, 12:29:08 AM »

Well done Sir!

And great news that Reece is progressing so well.

+1

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: November 08, 2010, 12:10:34 PM »

About time for an update I think.

Life in general for us all is totally different down to many different changes of recent.

We have moved, Stacey and Reece are still with us but she has finely been granted a local authority home on a newly built private estate. It will not be finished being built until the end of Nov / early Dec so it is a bit of a squash with us all living here in an apartment ( flat to us commoners) but we managed...JUST, as we still have a lot of medical equipment delivered weekly . She is very excited about her new home now Reece will continue his education at the same school and finally they may be able to settle and not have to move again. 

For us still no internet so tethering via mobile phone.

Stacey is well in control of both hers and Reece's life now and still attends college once a week and voluntary work on Wednesdays with troubled youths. She goes to Uni next year.

Now on to  Reece. We have seen a massive improvement in his day to day health since the Op in Leeds. OK so he still has a massive health problem but we no longer look on the down side all the time, we no longer spend endless nights in hospital with him ill constantly, actually all we go for now is periodic appointments to make sure he is doing good and ready to drop another night off TPN. We no longer have to make him tolerate no end of meds every day, no more carrying large bowls around for his constant vomits which have ceased since the op. Total different way of life for us all.

Reece goes swimming with Darren a couple of times a week, SWIMMING would ya ever have thought it, School every day, eats but prefers to graze. Knows he is different, tends to get a bit bullied but he copes. He has settled in a bit more now at school and mixes a little more than he used to, we no longer have the tears every morning he goes eagerly.

He is coping on 4 nights TPN and last night weighed in at 17.1 k. Tonight though we have to start attempting him bolus feeds into his gatrostomy over night via a pump. This will hopefully be easier to adsorb into his bowel than the food he eats himself so maybe he will put a little more weight on but as we all know he has never tolerated them previously but with the op that was done at Leeds it is now time to try again so this will be on the nights he is off TPN apart from one night which we want him to have nothing going in to give him a rest. He really is not looking forward to them starting.

He still constantly talks about his holiday to Disney which we are aiming on for the first half of next year fingers crossed. We have received Mr Anons donation along with another donation off Skolsuper & Tony plus we have had a pledge of £500 from a lovely couple we met recently called Darren and Mary, hearts of gold they have. So the book has been updated and we now have a total of £3239.07 excl Darren & Marys pledge.  So quite a way to go yet as we have yet to price it up with the insurance etc but get there he will.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 08, 2010, 12:13:55 PM »

I should have read my last post as I seem to have repeated a bit... sorry.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: November 08, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »

Great to hear things are much better
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: