blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:02:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 400234 times)
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: February 07, 2011, 05:17:58 PM »

Great night Saturday. Lots of beers played poker, got a mini cash could have been more but hey we were out to play, taxi home ,great night. Always hard going out enjoying oneself especially so close to surgery but st did it n enjoyed it.

Took us back to our trip to Cyprus with James aka Sofa king ,,,,,,,,,,,he took away all our guilt of relaxing and showed us what true friends really are about. Saying true friends we had never met to that point but I can say James has done far more for us than what he let's out, therefore a friend can't be truer. Xx

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 09, 2011, 06:35:16 PM »

Soooo want to find flights but where we live our internet runs like a slug and takes ages to refresh, getting very frustrated. Feel like there is always something holding us up from booking.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 10, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »

So very much i want to say but will sit on it.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 10, 2011, 08:52:50 PM »

Soooo want to find flights but where we live our internet runs like a slug and takes ages to refresh, getting very frustrated. Feel like there is always something holding us up from booking.

Do you know dates & times etc? Can you give details to someone you trust and your card details?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1669 on: February 10, 2011, 09:13:10 PM »

Check your PM's Maureen.

The older I get, the better I was.
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 11, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »

Do you know dates & times etc? Can you give details to someone you trust and your card details?

Looking for cheapest time to go, it is all far more expensive than we anticipated initially. So flexible ish on travel dates. As to trust someone , yes course I would but don't know that many that would / could ask the questions that we need answers for.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 11, 2011, 07:40:34 PM »

By flexible we cant do last minute. But at a push we could persuad hossy to drop the 4/5 months notice.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 11, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »

Looking for cheapest time to go, it is all far more expensive than we anticipated initially. So flexible ish on travel dates. As to trust someone , yes course I would but don't know that many that would / could ask the questions that we need answers for.

I'm confused Mo, which doesn't take much to be fair Wink You can't book because your internet is shite?  Which if so, I understand. But wouldn't any questions you have be done on the phone? Therefore you could do that, then get someone else to book the flights on the tinterwebs? Simplez, or am I being dumb?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 12, 2011, 11:05:35 AM »

I'm confused too lol. I like to search net to get best deal. Then call as soon as we see deal to ask questions. None in hudds that I know that well with net tbh. Cept for mother in law n she is not quit up to speed on surfing although she is now on FB lol. Also with my silly bloody long shifts not a lot of spare time. 

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 16, 2011, 09:44:29 PM »

OK so updated book, Laxie's donation has been ( TY so very much and I know you didn't have to go ahead but still chose to) added along with another blondes donation of £250.THANK YOU Mr Stuart Hopkin.

I know there has been a bit of up n down lately regarding a possible donation to Reece, well I just want to say no hard feelings, it is his mad dimz and up to him who /if he wishes to donate to. Obv he said he would prefer to donate to a reg charity which a lot of folk do, fair play, but i still would like to thank all of you that have contributed 100% towards Reece and us getting to Orlando for his dream. THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Looking high n low for best deals. Taking into account we were pledged 750 from a couple we met but as yet this has not transpired so are reducing budget accordingly. Geez these flights have gone up. So far best deal is 15th June staying at Liki Tiki  £2236. plus luggage. £18 pp E/w. After last night at work I am more than eager to go ahead n book this as I feel lucky lucky lucky to be alive. If we go in June it gives me more time to get them rest day workings in which = more spondulies to spoil him with.

I have made our first withdrawal from the account yesterday, 15th Feb 2011 of 1k, this was in prep to pay for flights, I will also withdraw a further 1k tomorrow, this will leave  £1924.38, As i said before we owe it £500 ( from previous donations ( which were for anything we felt we needed for him) before Reece's holiday fund was set up at 17/03/09). This will be entered very soon as Stacey needed the money to set up her new home.

Continue to thank all you Blonde members to make this dream possible. Without you all this dream would not be happening.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: February 20, 2011, 02:56:05 PM »

OK Booked it yesterday for the 15th June, changed our minds on the accommodation, now staying at Lucaya Village. Kissimie. £2301.00 for Flights & accom. This was the best price I could find, cant afford to stay at a Disney resort, plus this place will give him some R & R if needed.

Disappointed to have missed that we had to pay short of £50 DEBIT card charge, knew there were charges if using CC's, but I don't even have a C C,  phoned and asked if they would waver it but they said no. Hey ho.

Lots n Lots to organize now, from insurance letters from the hossy, to talking again to Thomas Cook re: on board pump  feed and hold medical excess. Local hospitals etc...etc.etc. the list goes on.

Another thing we never thought of was size of car. We were hoping for just a bog standard as hope not to be travelling mega miles, but the airport is a good bit away so when we land and collect car we will have a lot of excess luggage that the car will need to have space for so I will need to book a bigger one to accommodate this.

Still not too sure if to pre book park tickets as not too sure if he will feel up to excursions every day. Plus a lot of them include water parks, which will be a waste of time as he cant stay in pools all day.

Anyway the big step has been taken.

Thanks all. xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 20, 2011, 03:26:37 PM »

No promises, but I might be able to do something for ya on the Disney park front.  Leave it with me.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 04:35:33 PM by Laxie » Logged

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1677 on: February 20, 2011, 03:37:53 PM »

Bon voyageeee!!

The older I get, the better I was.
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: February 20, 2011, 04:56:48 PM »

OK so updated book, Laxie's donation has been ( TY so very much and I know you didn't have to go ahead but still chose to) added along with another blondes donation of £250.THANK YOU Mr Stuart Hopkin.

I know there has been a bit of up n down lately regarding a possible donation to Reece, well I just want to say no hard feelings, it is his mad dimz and up to him who /if he wishes to donate to. Obv he said he would prefer to donate to a reg charity which a lot of folk do, fair play, but i still would like to thank all of you that have contributed 100% towards Reece and us getting to Orlando for his dream. THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Looking high n low for best deals. Taking into account we were pledged 750 from a couple we met but as yet this has not transpired so are reducing budget accordingly. Geez these flights have gone up. So far best deal is 15th June staying at Liki Tiki  £2236. plus luggage. £18 pp E/w. After last night at work I am more than eager to go ahead n book this as I feel lucky lucky lucky to be alive. If we go in June it gives me more time to get them rest day workings in which = more spondulies to spoil him with.

I have made our first withdrawal from the account yesterday, 15th Feb 2011 of 1k, this was in prep to pay for flights, I will also withdraw a further 1k tomorrow, this will leave  £1924.38, As i said before we owe it £500 ( from previous donations ( which were for anything we felt we needed for him) before Reece's holiday fund was set up at 17/03/09). This will be entered very soon as Stacey needed the money to set up her new home.

Continue to thank all you Blonde members to make this dream possible. Without you all this dream would not be happening.

Drew the 2nd 1k out on the 18th instead of the 16th.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 21, 2011, 03:03:18 PM »

Excellent news, the dream comes ever nearer.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: