blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:30:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 400295 times)
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: June 07, 2011, 01:48:56 PM »

good news xx

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: June 07, 2011, 02:04:10 PM »

Never in doubt.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: June 07, 2011, 06:21:44 PM »

thumbs up
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1773 on: June 07, 2011, 06:23:50 PM »

good news xx

So pleased for you all Smiley

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: June 07, 2011, 07:24:02 PM »

That is excellent news. xx
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: June 08, 2011, 02:42:18 PM »

Getting close now, been and sorted some money out today, got one of them Post Office cards that act like a Credit Card so to speak, you load it up here min £50 max £5k ( max £750 until you activate it the next day), we got exchange rate of 1.5960, slightly less than we got at The Money shop for our cash, but this card is good I think although never used one before. It seems you can use it anywhere the Master Card logo is, plus draw up to $500 p d at a charge of $2.50 per withdrawal. Your money is protected if it gets lost or stolen and another card is del to you, plus your identity is protected so they say as it is not linked to a bank account.

Plus we thought it good if on the very very off chance he gets poorly and can't come home but we had to, Stacey can keep the card there and we can top it up from here.

Any thoughts before I put more on it?

http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/travel/travel-money/travel-money-card

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1776 on: June 08, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »

My daughter used one and had to accept a very poor exchange rate for her unused dollars when she got home. (Normally I would sell them on at spot)

The older I get, the better I was.
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: June 08, 2011, 03:12:56 PM »

Right, thought that, we were thinking of trying to roughly put on the money for which we hope to spend but also taking my cash card plus some $.

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1778 on: June 08, 2011, 04:10:47 PM »

My daughter used one and had to accept a very poor exchange rate for her unused dollars when she got home. (Normally I would sell them on at spot)

Can you withdraw any spare cash on your last day then sell it when you get home? Assuming its worth it to lose the $2.50?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: June 08, 2011, 04:45:28 PM »

Yes. You can also just leave it on for 3yrs and the rate remains locked in.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:47:07 PM by The_nun » Logged

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: June 11, 2011, 01:19:48 PM »

Been having a bit of a nightmare with Discovery Cove for the swim. We were after finding out if they would let us just pay for a swim as the rest of the facilities we would possibly not use due to Reece's limited time in the water. They eventually replied saying get a letter off the hossy and they could fund it so we did, 2 weeks later umpteen calls from Dawn and myself with no response from them and the park becoming booked up most of the days we were there I finally got an email almost 4 weeks later last night saying no, they cant help. No problems though I have managed to book 2 swims and 2 non swims for the 23rd. Using Mr Annons donation for this. Thanks Mr |nnon. xx.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: June 11, 2011, 08:02:29 PM »

Sigh.  Fecking ridic that they wouldn't help out and fair play to Mr. Anon for getting ye there.  Nearly there now.  Hope ye have a brilliant trip!!!  xx

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: June 12, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »

Massive mixture of emotions at present. Excitement, nervousness, apprehensive, managed to pack his medical equipment into the two comp suit cases the airline have given. Hand luggage meds are a bit iffy but we have to carry it so we will see on the day what they say.

Still  so much to look into re assistance but that cant be done 'til we arrive. I have boobed on one thing i know of so far, that is his blue badge parking, apparently I should of applied via email which i didn't know but i believe we can apply once there at a tax office, just need to find one lol. Then they give you a Red tag or summat similar to our blue one for $15.

I am now on A / L for 19 days, at long last, so much has gone tits up this week that if I tried to tell you all you would not believe it, so my leave has just come at the right time.

We have decided not to take laptop with us as way too much to carry as it is. Will try to update a little from a cafe or similar.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: June 13, 2011, 08:45:46 AM »

All this time he has stayed away more or less from hossy then bang. Off he goes in again this morning. We do not know quite what is wrong but he is very sleepy and lethargic plus his walking is not right. Unreal.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: June 13, 2011, 10:40:21 AM »

All this time he has stayed away more or less from hossy then bang. Off he goes in again this morning. We do not know quite what is wrong but he is very sleepy and lethargic plus his walking is not right. Unreal.

Hang in there Mo.  Hopefully it's just something small.  Would all the excitement of the trip get him a bit worked up?  Fingers crossed and let us know how he gets on.  xx

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: