blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:57:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 400176 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: June 11, 2008, 10:58:03 AM »

Really hope it's just a wee glitch in the radar Maureen.  He's been through a lot and is bound to be tired now and then, but have kept him in our thoughts and prayers even when the news is good.  Hugs to the wee lad and the rest of you.  xx

What the nice American lady said.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 11, 2008, 11:58:19 PM »

A big hug from a big guy to a tougher small one.

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 11, 2008, 11:59:54 PM »

thinking of you all xx

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2008, 12:38:31 AM »

thinking of you all xx

xx

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 27, 2008, 05:46:12 PM »

A bit of an Update, I was in touch with Maureen this morning. Here's what she wrote me, in a PM. I don't have her permission to Post it, but it's a special case, so I know she will understand, & I know the blondes like to know how Reece is shaping up.

Reece aint doing too well at the moment in his health. His eating is absolutely fantastic, there is no stopping him apart from veg. He eats fruit though and a lot of other stuff,  I am truly amazed at his apetite, but he can not hold it in and is pooing for England. This means he is losing weight, his weight last night was 12.5 kilos. He is skin n bone, on top of this we rushed him in last Saturday night with his first lineinfection since the op. He was put on antibiotics that we put straight down his central line 3x per day then came home to me on Monday. This too was not enough so I rushed him back in last night as he was spiking another temp. He is now staying in hossy on another Antibiotic that we feed him intraveeniously before we start his TPN infusion. We are trained to do this at home but with him not doing too well at moment he is staying in at least over the weekend so Stacey is staying with him. Antonino is on holiday but has been ringing daily and we have his mobile number to talk to him when needs be. He is aware he is back in and has been in constant contact with the ward last night

Athough he is poorly his spirits and humour is second to none still. He knows when he is ill but today says he is better. He is just lacking get up n go. So would we if we had constant trots and an infection on top.

I really don't feel I can play the Virgin-DTD Fessie this wekend though, I'd feel so guilty.

The rest was personal stuff, which I won't Post.

Anyway, I told her I'd give her a slap round the chops if she did not do the Virgin-DTD weekend. I know what she's thinking, but it's nonsense. She needs the break, & people wanna hear from here, one-to-one, how Reece is. So, I told her - she'd better be there. Or else.

As to Reece, it's a bit of a blow. He's turned 3 now, & he s more aware of what's what. We've all had the trots, but he has them non-stop. His little botty must be red-raw, poor lad. And it's a problem, there's no denying it. Getting him to eat was a miracle in itself, but it's no good if it goes straight through, as it clearly is, as he's as thin as a rake.

Buck up Reece, you've been through worse than this, & you'll sort it. And look after Nanny, too. You hear me boy?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 27, 2008, 05:58:07 PM »

Thinking of you all xxxx Phil

madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 27, 2008, 06:05:46 PM »

I agree with Tikay Maureen, you deserve a break and you are only a telephone call away. You need to look after yourself too as well as the wee man and all your family. Go play the game and win it!!

I do hope Reece gets through this quickly but remeber he is a fighter and I'm sure he will be okay. Great news about his appetite.

Patience is a virtue.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 27, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »

Hang in there Chicka.  Thinking of Reece, you and the family always.  xx

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 27, 2008, 06:08:47 PM »

I agree with Tikay Maureen, you deserve a break and you are only a telephone call away. You need to look after yourself too as well as the wee man and all your family. Go play the game and win it!!

I do hope Reece gets through this quickly but remeber he is a fighter and I'm sure he will be okay. Great news about his appetite.

Thanks Mad, that's exactly my (poorly-explained) thoughts.

Maureen is still dithering as to Virgin-DTD, & I badly want her to go.

Messages such as yours are exactly what is needed. She ignores me. Well, everybody does, come to think of it. Such is life as an OAP. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 27, 2008, 06:27:15 PM »

Hi Maureen......... my word I have written this post four times already and really Mad has summed it up. No one can influence your decision and I will not try other than to reconfirm that you need a break............

Oh and go and win it if you play,,,,,,,,,

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 27, 2008, 06:32:50 PM »

thinking of you all Maureen xx

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 27, 2008, 06:37:54 PM »

i dont have too many heroes.,.,.but this little kid is one of the biggest.,
as for maureen.,.,have a break and get it won.,.,mobile if your needed.,.,goooooooooooooone.,.,.,james..,.

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 27, 2008, 06:55:22 PM »

Didn't bother to suggest going in my first post as it was covered well by Tikay and Mad, but for the record...they're all right.    Everyone needs a break, but you need one more than everyone else.  For someone who is sooooo good at worrying about everybody else, you sure are crap at looking after you.  You're no good to the wee man if you're worn out.  So get yer backside to DTD this week-end and have some well deserved down time Chicka!!!   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: June 27, 2008, 07:46:50 PM »

Hi Maureen......... my word I have written this post four times already and really Mad has summed it up. No one can influence your decision and I will not try other than to reconfirm that you need a break............

Oh and go and win it if you play,,,,,,,,,

what Snatty said.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: June 27, 2008, 08:09:36 PM »

Thinking of you all Maureen , good news about Reece eating hopefully everything else will be sorted asap .

Take a break and come back refreshed and full of energy coz no doubt young Reece will have you on your toes again in no time !!!

xx

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: