blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:13:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 401846 times)
redimp

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: September 10, 2008, 07:31:58 PM »

Fantastic news,we shall be thinking about the little fella next week.
I'am sure he will love it.
xoxox
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 14, 2008, 06:25:59 PM »

Long time coming I know and sorry for the delay as so many people have asked for an update.

Reece started play school and attends three times per week for 2 hours a day. He does enjoy it once he is there but prefers to go to Grandma and Grandads. He doesn't cry just lets you know he will stay for a while but that's it.

Health wise. Today we had a casual meeting with Antonino and Lynette, his dietitian, they ar always casual as that is how Antonino is. He now weighs in at 13kg's, so there has been a slight increase in weight but saying that his bones and height are growing too. Antonino is very pleased with him. For every 5grams of fat he eats we have to spoon some little tiny balls into him via a yogurt to try and get his body to digest fat. We also inject via his gastrostomy 20 mils of a fat med three times a day.

He is now successfully off TPN 3 nights a week and next week sees our first attempt with two nights consecutively, which is the next major major step in his transition to a normal life. At the moment he has Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays. Next week he will have Sunday night off at home then we will take him and Stacey into hospital on Monday and they will assess him in preparation for not having it that night. If he copes this will continue for the next 3 weeksish then he will drop his 5Th night. It is anticipated that by December he will be free of machines. I can only dream of this happening, whilst trying to stay positive I also don't want that big slap in my face, I just don't think I could cope again, so I am trying to be level headed about it. Stacey got quite excited today by the news, her eyes lit up.

Overall Reece is well ahead of his years, he knows and understands so much it is at times scary to hear him talk of adult things that he really,  in his young years should not have to think about. His  sense of humour is second to none and loves to sing and make you laugh. We have been so gifted to have Reece in our lives, just looking at him brings tears in my eyes on so many occasions.

We took Reece to Drayton Manor and I am now trying to post some of the pictures.

Thanks all for the continuing support.

Maureen.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 06:28:58 PM by The_nun » Logged

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 14, 2008, 06:37:03 PM »

thanks for the update Maureen - sounds like he's doing great xx

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 14, 2008, 06:40:45 PM »

It is anticipated that by December he will be free of machines

A true miracle.

How is Darren now? And you?

xx

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 14, 2008, 06:45:56 PM »

We are both fine, apart from the knee on the leg that didn't get broke, it clicks all the time and keeps giving way possibly from the strain of taking the weight a lot during the break. We are also getting over the way the offenders were in our eyes let off so to speak. Anyway you, 3 months since you said you would be visiting when you returned from Vegas, tea's turned to Iced tea  Wink Leave it much longer and it will be his wedding next time you see him.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 14, 2008, 06:53:07 PM »

Sooooooo glad he's doing as well as he is!  Thinking of ye all the time.  xx

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 14, 2008, 06:54:03 PM »

Fingers crossed Maureen xx
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 14, 2008, 06:58:05 PM »

We are both fine, apart from the knee on the leg that didn't get broke, it clicks all the time and keeps giving way possibly from the strain of taking the weight a lot during the break. We are also getting over the way the offenders were in our eyes let off so to speak. Anyway you, 3 months since you said you would be visiting when you returned from Vegas, tea's turned to Iced tea  Wink Leave it much longer and it will be his wedding next time you see him.

Ugh, sorry Maureen, you are right, I did promise. I'm so disorganized, it's untrue.

I planned to write to you & thank you for getting us out of the poo by doing the DTD Live Update, but I thought I'd better read the Update first, so I knew what I was talking about, rather than just paying lip-service. Bt I've not even opened it yet....

One of these days I'll get up to date. I'm sorry, no excuses for not coming up to see you all really.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 14, 2008, 07:24:56 PM »

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 14, 2008, 07:26:20 PM »

Pic's are too small doing it this way. I will have to make an album I think when more time.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 14, 2008, 07:27:29 PM »

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: October 14, 2008, 07:59:17 PM »

Brilliant news Maureen! The pics are great too.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: October 14, 2008, 08:30:37 PM »

Brilliant news Maureen! The pics are great too.

+1

Its lovely to hear of Reece's progress  thumbs up
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:50:47 PM by Tonji » Logged

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 14, 2008, 09:38:34 PM »

Great news,great pics keep it up...
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 14, 2008, 09:43:48 PM »

great news mo.,.,anychance of you booking flights i will book a 5 star villa for you whenever you are ready to fly to cyprus,.,.all you need is flights,,,

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: