blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:34:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272644 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO SnG.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO SnG.  (Read 962 times)
sovietsong

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2007, 02:41:56 PM »

Im trying to learn PLO and not sure if i played this hand v.badly or not!  Opinions would be great, ty

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1855148

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 03:49:52 PM »

You are overvaluing a non-premium wrap on a flushing board. Flush draws own straight draws, in this case he didnt have one, but there is no point betting out at this stage in an SNG. Ur not "protecting ur hand" u don't even have one, check call if you must see a turn, but any straightening club isnt great either. I imagine he would make it clear he was scared of the flush at this level, but again he might not be good enough to fold. I saw u've just started learning PLO from the other board, don't go crazy cos u now have 13 out straight draws and the like when there are flush draws + made hands and the like you could be up against.

You know the SNG deal anyway, don't go broke light early. This is going broke light.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 04:10:02 PM »

You are overvaluing a non-premium wrap on a flushing board. Flush draws own straight draws, in this case he didnt have one, but there is no point betting out at this stage in an SNG. Ur not "protecting ur hand" u don't even have one, check call if you must see a turn, but any straightening club isnt great either. I imagine he would make it clear he was scared of the flush at this level, but again he might not be good enough to fold. I saw u've just started learning PLO from the other board, don't go crazy cos u now have 13 out straight draws and the like when there are flush draws + made hands and the like you could be up against.

You know the SNG deal anyway, don't go broke light early. This is going broke light.

good advice.

Your hand has no raising power in a multiway pot, and re raising is horrible, chances to be up against someone freerolling on the turn if you make your hand anyway.

you can call a bet but not raise yourself (a late position bluff might be ok but mostly take the free card)

If you held the nut flush draw also then driving the betting would be ok.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »

I came 3rd in said SnG, as you say i am still learning and probably overrate alot of hands due to my holdem experience trying to bully the table.  My bust hand was KQ on a J 10 9 board, two cards to the flush, he had the same straight and the redraw! 

Any other tips for me learning Omaha.  My plan is learn the game playing sng's playing the odd tourney until i have enough to play cash.  Long long way to go but enjoying the game so far. 

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 02:28:01 PM »

Read Slotboom's book and post more hands? Smiley.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: