blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:24:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  happy christmas
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: happy christmas  (Read 2932 times)
ThePaps

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2008, 09:16:53 PM »

To all hope you had a lovely christmas and i wish everyone well for the new year!!!! Sorry didn't say sooner just been hectic with kids etc. Wanted some advise from all you professional players out there. Been playing quite a few sit and go's now and winning most of the time but being new but not an idiot and some sort of isea of how to play just wondred what my next step should be as the silly $1.20 and $2.20 games have people also that are new and go all in on as dawn would say "tony montana hand" "9 3". Want to actually try and make some money. Help anyone please!!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 11:43:05 AM »

as this is asking for new player advice I've moved it here

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 11:55:34 AM »

Montana banana.  92.  Preferably off suit.  Premium.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 11:42:11 AM »

To all hope you had a lovely christmas and i wish everyone well for the new year!!!! Sorry didn't say sooner just been hectic with kids etc. Wanted some advise from all you professional players out there. Been playing quite a few sit and go's now and winning most of the time but being new but not an idiot and some sort of isea of how to play just wondred what my next step should be as the silly $1.20 and $2.20 games have people also that are new and go all in on as dawn would say "tony montana hand" "9 3". Want to actually try and make some money. Help anyone please!!!

Season greetings. The micro levels is where I started and many others before getting to the point where poker was my living (not that i play high stakes at all).

Firstly I would suggest putting a bankroll aside that is purely for poker, however much you feel comfortable with and be disciplined with this. If you intend on playing sng's I would suggest 50 buyins is sufficent at the lower levels. So say $300 to play $6 games, make sure the rake is not excessive as this kills you, there are sites out there that charge 20% rake avoid them and look for 10% rake.

Bonus whoring is route you could go down to make your roll quicker which involves hopping from site to site taking up welcome/reload bonuses after playing a certain amount of hands/tournaments. www.bonuswhores.com is good for this, for tournaments go to "tournament clearence grid" on the right hand side menu.

Apart from that all i can suggest is to work hard at your game, if you are unsure about anything post it on here or a specific hand on the poker hand analysis board.

Good luck.
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 06:44:02 PM »

When I started out I played low level cash games and claimed whatever bonusses I could get. You clear the bonusses quicker in cash games.

Single Table Tournaments protect your bankroll better though. It's possible to lose it too quickly in cash games.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: