blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:57:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  Poker Tracker - Newbie Guide
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Tracker - Newbie Guide  (Read 3286 times)
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2008, 09:06:31 AM »

The one thing i would like to know a lot more about is Poker Tracker & Poker Ace HUD, the main area of the game which by and large I have left to one side but know to improve my edge at NL Cash is to study this more.
Perhaps someone might like to write a section on this.
The key stats we should be looking out for and what the best information we should be looking to get out of it.

Cheers
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 09:23:01 AM by Tractor » Logged

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 09:13:22 AM »

Agreed.  I think I get about 10% of what I could be getting out of them.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:28:06 AM »

Hmmm good idea, I use it alot myself. I might write a little piece about it if we don't find any better volunteers.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 11:43:20 AM »

Hmmm good idea, I use it alot myself. I might write a little piece about it if we don't find any better volunteers.

You understand the maths better than most, so I definitely think you're the man for the job.

I think the main question I have (and it might be the same for others) is what information is key, and as I play on 6-max tables (as many do), what sort of figures mean what?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 11:18:46 PM »

Im a definate caveman when it comes to computors and their aides. Is PT and pokerhud just for cash games?
If so is there anything for MTTs. Like I said I know nothing about these programs so It might be they wouldnt be any use to
MTTs.just thought Id ask

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 12:13:56 AM »

Im a definate caveman when it comes to computors and their aides. Is PT and pokerhud just for cash games?
If so is there anything for MTTs. Like I said I know nothing about these programs so It might be they wouldnt be any use to
MTTs.just thought Id ask

It can be used for sngs and mtts, its just less useful. For sngs the game is so robotic that it really isn't necessary and any reads can be gained better by observation than stats as playing tight early and loose later is pretty standard.

Similar reasoning in mtts but you also play people alot less, so sample sizes become insignifcant.

In cash the game conditions are similar, same blinds and similar amount of players etc. Plus you play alot against regs so sample sizes become significant.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 12:15:33 AM »

MTTs.just thought Id ask

It can be used for sngs and mtts, its just less useful. For sngs the game is so robotic that it really isn't necessary and any reads can be gained better by observation than stats as playing tight early and loose later is pretty standard.

Similar reasoning in mtts but you also play people alot less, so sample sizes become insignifcant.

In cash the game conditions are similar, same blinds and similar amount of players etc. Plus you play alot against regs so sample sizes become significant.
Thanks

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: