blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:07:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272645 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  AQ - OOP
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AQ - OOP  (Read 1052 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2008, 05:42:45 PM »

Results to the hand are irrelevant but would be interested in your thoughts on how this hand plays out. 

£25 freeze out - (Stanley, for those who know the game)  82 players noce prizepool we are down to 4 tables and our table has been pretty mad we seen off about 12 players in the first hour so there are lots of chips in play at this table.  The table is a mixture of tight rocks, loose fish and 2 dodgy scandies - I kid you now there where a group of sailors in there last night from Norway.  It was fun.

Anyway the hand, we are in MP have been card dead for the past 45 minutes seen what was quite a dominating stack come down to around 17k just double the starting stack.  Folds round to us blinds 400/800 and we look at AQs and decide to raise it up to 2.5k folds to the button, who min raises.  Our thoughts of the button is fishy luckbox/cant pass any pair if he hits the flop he aint going away even if its bottom pair he could be making this play with any 2 cards most likely holding is ATo +, any suited connectors he's a really bad player.  However he has 20k back.

Folds round to you.  Whats your move?  Call/re-raise or fold?

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 05:50:20 PM »

if thats the range you give him then shovel it in
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 07:59:05 PM »

Got to shove, easily the best option. Your are ahead of his range and your hand likes seeing 5 cards.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 08:47:52 PM »

agreed with the above. You've put him on a range that you're ahead of..so ship them in the middle

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
cooker3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 12:38:31 AM »

I jump on the bandwagon. Shove
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 01:52:15 AM »

I shoved, he called I lost end of.  Just wondering if anyone else played it differently.  I wasn't too far out with the range I put him on he had

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 06:41:00 AM »

I flat is he has same stack.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 12:10:54 PM »

In hindsight I wish I had done the same and then pushed any flop.  But there where 2 broadway cards on the board giving us both the draw to the nut straight, I reckon he still calls off  all his chips on a gutshot.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 02:49:15 PM »

In hindsight I wish I had done the same and then pushed any flop.  But there where 2 broadway cards on the board giving us both the draw to the nut straight, I reckon he still calls off  all his chips on a gutshot.

you're ahead of the range you put him on and you think he'll call you with the worst hand pre-flop if you ship the in the middle, so you wished you had flatcalled? That's results orientated thinking if ever I heard it.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 03:33:16 PM »

you're ahead of the range you put him on and you think he'll call you with the worst hand pre-flop if you ship the in the middle, so you wished you had flatcalled? That's results orientated thinking if ever I heard it.

Of course its results orientated, however its not the worse place either, I appreciate my hand likes to see 5 cards but I think, If I am in his position and my re-raise is called and the board brings 3 cards that neither match my hand or give me a monster draw then I can pass. 

I am happy with the way I played the hand.  But in hindsight against that type of player maybe it makes more sense to control the pot size pre flop and then when OOP get the chips in first, surely its a much harder call to make on a K J x board when holding ATs than it is to call a push pre flop?

Before the flop came down, I said something like "ohh thats a bad call"  but I was glad he got his chips in with the worse of it when I commented on it being a bad call his response was "how is it ?"

So what range is he putting me on?  Or is he even doing this?  I would doubt it he has looked down and seen AT sooooted and though ohhh I have a monster!

Surely he never put me on A 9

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: