blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:33:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton Day 1a: Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton Day 1a: Interactive  (Read 26940 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2008, 05:52:33 PM »

the intriguingly named Alin J Rapoport will be appearing tomorrow.
[/quote]

I bet he's really Groucho Marx...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2008, 05:53:35 PM »

I grabbed a few words with Alex Martin who agreed with my earlier assessment that he was indeed at a strong table.

"I made a bad start losing some chips earlier" he told me and leaned in to whisper quietly "but then I got it back bluffing Praz off a hand! tee hee!" Ok, I admit I am using a bit of poetic licence with Alex's exact words and he may possibly not have said "tee hee!" but he definitely had a mischievous glint in his eye...

He currently has roughly his starting stack of 10,000.

Here he is, striking what he told me was a fearsome pose.

Clearly Jen is not the only one taking liberties with the English Language today. Fearsome Alex?! I've seen scarier kittens than that!

(like this one...any excuse to crowbar a spurious cat reference in!)

No doubt Vicky Coren's hordes of male poker admirers will find this photo, and in particular, the article Vicky was snapped reading, most intriguing...

Chris Moorman has rolled out of bed, looking slightly bleary eyed but cheerful as always. I threatened to photoshop donkey ears onto him but considering the phenomenal start to 2008 Chris has had, I doubt if he was particularly bothered by my toothless threats (especially as I am rubbish at photoshopping!)

Here is the donkey himself...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
EdA
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2008, 05:56:13 PM »

One of my old flat mates from Uni is playing in this tournament, Robert Rees, was hoping for a chip count and if you could get a photo then that would be a great bonus.

Cheers.

Ed
little DC

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2008, 05:58:03 PM »

any updates on dave clark would be great thanks guys
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2008, 06:01:06 PM »

Current chip leader Mehrdad Saffari has just increased his chip lead. Saffari, so good...

In your face, Junglecat!

This is a clear example of pun thievery.

I am not happy and will be seeking advice of where I stand legally. Expect to hear from my lawyers shortly. Please Dana-t steal my puns again. Thank you.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2008, 06:08:08 PM »

any updates on Dave Clark would be great thanks guys

Last seen in the lift at the last break, heading out to the Smoking Section ("street"). I'll check up on him next time I go downstairs.

One of my old flat mates from Uni is playing in this tournament, Robert Rees, was hoping for a chip count and if you could get a photo then that would be a great bonus.

Cheers.

Ed

Yes yes, will shortly have information for you.

Can you ask Dan Carter if he's playing as rocky as he said he would do?

Sigh. Ok, I'll ask him, in those words. Bear with me.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2008, 06:11:37 PM »

Ian Cox just played out a hand with a bit of banter on his table.

He raised to 500 preflop from UTG+1 and was called by the amusingly nicknamed Paul "The Lemon" Murrell in the cutoff.

The flop came down and Ian got involved in a bit of banter. "Got any spades mate? What are you planning on doing?"

"If you check, I'm betting!" announced "The Lemon"

"In that case I'd better bet!" said Ian before firing 1500 into the pot.

The Lemon sighed then bitterly folded, giving Ian a sharp acidic stare..."I think you've got a big spade" he said,"  .......should have let me hang myself!" he responded fruitily.

Ian flipped over the rather sweet , happily sweeping up chips, leaving Paul citric to the stomach.

I'm sorry for the above puns but Dana has put me on pun-tilt, temporarily blinding my good taste facility.

After sweeping up that pot, Ian looks to have around 15-16k in his stack, progressing nicely and continuing the hot form he showed in 2007...

Paul "Lemon" Murrell/Muzza, I believe on around 16 or 17k:

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 06:24:07 PM by danafish » Logged

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »

Michael Denton is currently chip leader on Table 7 with a Big Ol' Stack, to be precise. To his left is Dervis Ozkarapinar, who finalled at the Luton Christmas Cracker. I like him because he looks like my drummer Tim:

But things may be changing! I understand that My One Percent, Ms Jennifer Mason, has just doubled up with a pair of Queens. Go my 1%!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2008, 06:37:11 PM »

Meanwhile Red Dog is sharing a table with Iam Woodley and Ross Campbell:

Praz says he has been "up and down" - currently slightly up. Alex Martin was on 8.5k last I checked; now looking cheerful in the queue for the buffet. Apparently I just missed quads twice on their table. They promised to call me next time it happened.

Can anyone see the attention-seeker? I can!

Also on their table, er:

And again on their actionful table, I saw Leon Campbell raise to 600 preflop, called by Adam Stoneham. Adam checks the Two Clubs flop and Leon moves in for maybe 4k. Adam folds. Here they are, young rascals:

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2008, 06:38:51 PM »

---------- DINNER BREAK ----------
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2008, 06:53:07 PM »

LOVING the surfeit of Pics, keep them coming please.

Memo to Updaters.

There is no need to stand tableside to see if Joshua Tyler wins a Pot, you'll know about it from the Pressroom, or even from your Hotel. Mr Tyler does not do "GIQ"......Just listen out for top of the voice "I'M TOO GOOD", accompanied by the Yankee Double-Clap & Full Scale Table-Banging. You know when you've been Tyler-ed, bless him.

Memo to Readers.

Whilst I wholly congrtulate Dana on taking down the Press Tourney, it should be pointed out that she doubled up early, after moving all in on a draw. "I thought he'd Pass" says the Golden One-ess. I spent a little time explaining to her that it's usually quiet tough to get folks holding Trip Kings to Pass.....But really, blonde are well proud, a 1-2 in the Press Tourney is magnificent. And big thanks to Blue Square, to, for adding a GUKPT Seat for the hard-working media.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2008, 07:32:17 PM »

Memo to Readers.

Whilst I wholly congrtulate Dana on taking down the Press Tourney, it should be pointed out that she doubled up early, after moving all in on a draw. "I thought he'd Pass" says the Golden One-ess. I spent a little time explaining to her that it's usually quiet tough to get folks holding Trip Kings to Pass.....But really, blonde are well proud, a 1-2 in the Press Tourney is magnificent. And big thanks to Blue Square, to, for adding a GUKPT Seat for the hard-working media.

No no, it wasn't like that at all. I limped with sort of mid to late position, as you do, and James raised. I thought he was just raising because we all limped, and the two or three other limpers called so I called too. Flop came A-K-Q, two spades, so I had second pair, gutshot and the nut flush draw. We all checked and James bet out in position, so I moved all in. Imagine my surprise when I saw his set of Kings, but I reckon I didn't do anything particularly wrong there. I made my gutshot on the turn and my flush on the river. Yay!

But I see what you mean. Lucky me. Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2008, 07:44:30 PM »

Memo to Readers.

No no, it wasn't like that at all. I limped with sort of mid to late position, as you do, and James raised. I thought he was just raising because we all limped, and the two or three other limpers called so I called too. Flop came A-K-Q, two spades, so I had second pair, gutshot and the nut flush draw. We all checked and James bet out in position, so I moved all in. Imagine my surprise when I saw his set of Kings, but I reckon I didn't do anything particularly wrong there. I made my gutshot on the turn and my flush on the river. Yay!

But I see what you mean. Lucky me. Smiley

I was jesting Dana. Well, a bit......

Now go win the GUKPT. You CAN.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2008, 08:09:52 PM »

Content control is peventing the updaters from accessing the forum, but they'll be back as soon as the problem is rectified.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »

Content control is peventing the updaters from accessing the forum, but they'll be back as soon as the problem is rectified.

Ahh, God Bless Vodafone Content Control........

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: