blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:10:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton Day 1a: Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton Day 1a: Interactive  (Read 26932 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2008, 03:51:04 PM »

Some strong tables out there, but this one in particular looks like a cracker. Alex Martin will likely be playing in a firestorm with this list of players out there....

They include World Heads Up runner up, the baby faced Dan Carter, Adam Stoneham, who has posted lots of consistent results, the fiery Irishman and blondite Mick McCool, the braceleted Hit Squadder Praz Bansi, Laurence Houghton and of course...the one and  only long standing cheesy capital radio "DR" Neil Fox.

Actually I am not 100% sure that Neil Fox is the infamous capital radio , or just someone sharing his name but I am off to investigate right now...

Adam Stoneham      1101
Dan Carter      1102
Anthony Hardy      1103
Neil Fox      1104
Ray Wyre      1105
Michael Mccool      1106
Praz Bansi      1107
Alex Martin      1108
Wayne Rideout      1109
laurence Houghton      1110

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2008, 03:55:31 PM »

I checked on Conan Bailey and he's doing ok on about 9k - not much change so far.

While I was lurking at his table, I accidentally chanced upon, I mean, I employed my massive updating skill and sought out a rare early exit - a preflop raising war between Noah-Boeken-style-horror-hoodie-wearing Joshua Tyler (down on the list as James for some reason) and tablemate Lawrence Spencer. On their backs, Joshuames had  and Lawrence was holding .

Board - ("here we go..." says Lawrence)

"I warned him at the very beginning of the tournament not to get involved with me," says Joshuames, which seems a little unfair, but he is now table chip leader.

Lawrence took it well and is now drinking beer. Good man.

Conan Bailey admiring soon-to-be-out neighbour Lawrence Spencer's stack:

Click to see full-size image.

Joshua Taylor and Jim Moult. You know it's funny:

Lawrence Spencer and his beery consolation:

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »

GL to Alex Martin, Greg Howard (gregior) and Chris Moorman (moorman1)   reports and pictures plz team.

Chris Moorman isn't playing today; in fact he seems to be reading the updates. Hi, Chris! Will check on your other boys shortly. Players are now on a short break.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 04:05:25 PM »

this must be the earliest moormans been up in years.

AK v QQ All in preflop this early? for 9k each?  this has to be bad play by both players getting close to 200bb in pf
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 04:10:28 PM »

I had a quick chat with Julian, who is always very amiable and he was quick to congratulate me on   the result from the press tournament. "Thanks very much" said I before inquiring as to his progress...

"It's a slow start for me, managed to donk off a quarter of my stack, well maybe not donk off...[he quickly corrected himself].... I'm plodding away though, plodding's under-rated!" (I sense he may have been hanging around with Paul Jackson a bit too much recently perhaps...)

Jen is not looking too happy and in need of a pep talk during the upcoming break which she shall duly receive. She is sitting on about 6 and a half thousand. "It's slow progress but not in the right direction..." she mused slightly morosely. I may have to lecture her later on misuse onf the word progress but for now I will concentrate my energies during the break on raising her spirits.

The blind structure still gives her plenty of room to manoeuvre (I can never spell that word) out of her current sticky predicament...

Tom Mcready told me that Jim Reid had just provided a choice quote for him. "He says I'm playing too loose, playing too many hands!"

"Yes" agreed Jim, seemingly shocked at the brazenly aggressive style of Red Dog today...

"He's played 5 hands in the first 2 levels!"

That's it for 10 minutes folks. We're on a break. Back very soon....

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 04:11:21 PM »

yeh I was going to play today but a messed up sleeping pattern meant I pulled an all nighter and am going to play tomorrow instead..... be down to register in a bit... good job with the updates guys and girls... Can I have progress on Greg Howard and John Eames please.... much appreciated Smiley

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2008, 04:22:35 PM »

they should have a special degenorate GUKPT held in a petrol station starting at midnight on day 1a.  £50 juice Wink and complimentary lucozade and snickers flapjack.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2008, 04:30:05 PM »

Jen is not looking too happy and in need of a pep talk during the upcoming break which she shall duly receive. She is sitting on about 6 and a half thousand. "It's slow progress but not in the right direction..." she mused slightly morosely. I may have to lecture her later on misuse onf the word progress but for now I will concentrate my energies during the break on raising her spirits.

The blind structure still gives her plenty of room to manoeuvre (I can never spell that word) out of her current sticky predicament...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2008, 04:30:40 PM »

they should have a special degenorate GUKPT held in a petrol station starting at midnight on day 1a.  £50 juice Wink and complimentary lucozade and snickers flapjack.

Oh my god count me in.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 04:32:42 PM »

Had a quick chat with Hitsquadder Sunny Chattha during the break.

"How's it going Sunny?"

"Yeah, not bad, up to 11,000...slow and steady progress, that's how I'm playing it"

Meanwhile I have been informed of a significant elimination.

Winner of last year's Walsall GUKPT, Jerome Bradpiece has met his match. He called a raise with Q-Q, slowplaying his big pair for value and once the flop came 6 high the chips flew in.

Unfortunately, he found his (currently unknown) assailant holding the dominating K-K and was unable to spike a required lady, meaning he joins the crowded rail with the rest of us...

Sounds like a cracking idea...Don't try and pretend you wouldn't be first in the queue though. I know you love your flapjacks.

yeh I was going to play today but a messed up sleeping pattern meant I pulled an all nighter and am going to play tomorrow instead..... be down to register in a bit... good job with the updates guys and girls... Can I have progress on Greg Howard and John Eames please.... much appreciated Smiley

On it's way Chris Wink

Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2008, 04:33:10 PM »

I'd be the first one in!

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2008, 04:37:51 PM »

I'd be the first one in!

Until you find that the nearby bowling alley is 24 hours...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »

A small amendment to the player list from earlier.

The following players are not playing today as stated earlier...

James Browning, Dave Felton, Michael Clarke and the intriguingly named Alin J Rapoport will be appearing tomorrow.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2008, 04:41:07 PM »

Tales from the break and beyond:

Neil Channing is OUT - apparently he somehow got himself all in massively behind, on a one-outer, I believe. Oops.

Ericstoner was down to 6.9k but is now back up to 11k. He saw a Nine-high flop with Jacks and bet out, but come the river there ere four hearts on the board and he checked to his opponent's check. His opponent was holding a Nine with no hearts, and Brendan seemed to be torturing himself a bit about checking the river, but fair enough, say I.

Red Dog is up to 20k. After, in his words, "pissing about in a load of pots" and showing terrible hands at the end, he called a 400 preflop raise with pocket Tens. The flop came A-T-T and he got himself in a raising war with the original raiser. Eventually on their backs, the other guy was holding A-K and Red Dog's full house held up, taking him up to about 14k. He has since been abusing his new chipped-up position to bully everyone else, and is up to 20k.

Greg Howard is on around 7k, for those enquiring. Alex Martin is down to around 5.5k - I'm afraid I don't know what happened.

By the way Mr Moorman, we have a Stephen Eames on the list - is he the same as your John Eames? We do have a few mistakes on the list. No other Eames apparent...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2008, 04:46:06 PM »

Mike Ellis is OUT, with A-J I am told.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: