blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:09:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272641 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Has anyone else ever done this?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has anyone else ever done this?  (Read 1706 times)
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 02:03:17 PM »

I have been sat down for three levels and haven't seen a single ace, no suited connectors, and a paint card, well, no chance. I haven't even had a pair.

p.p.s. you don't always need cards to acrue chips in the early stages of tournaments.......

(disclaimer - monkey doesnt know usual standard of £20 f/outs in nottingham Cheesy)

sponsored by Fyffes
Pyso

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »

Well, yes and no.

The standard is like anywhere, some good players, some bad ones.  But saying you don't need cards when other people are getting them can be a frustrating comment because while it's true up to a point, if the situation allows it, there is no way you can push people off made hands, especially at this level. Some of the cards I see being turned over for a made two pair amaze me given that they call out of position with rags.

I saw a lot of made hands last night and on every occasion if I had tried a move I would have bluffed all my chips away, as I saw one other guy do twice. Ok, so I didn't do any beter than him in the long run but at least I was reading the situation well and not giving my chips away.

I think the solution for me next time is to not look at my cards. Seriously. It worked for one chap on my table who pushed in blind twice, both times having a pocket pair...

Might go up to DTD tonight and play an STT and not look at my cards. Should be fun.

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 03:38:27 PM »

if the situation allows it, there is no way you can push people off made hands, especially at this level. Some of the cards I see being turned over for a made two pair amaze me given that they call out of position with rags.

hence my little disclaimer notice Wink when i used to play the £20 rebuys at the circus manchester you soon learned who the better players were who could lay a pair down and who the calling stations were who would call with any pair no kicker - its all a matter then of picking your spots and making your moves.

sponsored by Fyffes
Pyso

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 03:53:41 PM »

Very true
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: