blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:35:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Welcome All
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome All  (Read 40170 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« on: October 28, 2005, 04:27:50 PM »

People of Blonde.

The time has come to celebrate our Blondeness.

As you may or not be aware, Blonde’s growth over the past nine months has been breathtaking.  Within that period, a whole range of different members have contributed to many standout threads.

In order to celebrate these little gems, we have decided to add a new board to the ‘General Category’ of the forum. This board is known as ‘Best of Blonde’ and will hold a number of these classic posts that have since dropped into the basement.

Therefore, the main aim of this new addition will be to preserve these threads, giving them a permanent and accessible home from which they can be easily viewed. By cementing these contributions and pulling them to the forefront of the forum, we hope that you guys will read back through them and relive the fun and entertainment that you enjoyed the first time round. For newbies, and those who simply haven’t seen these threads before… enjoy. They are cracking threads which will undoubtedly give you a reliable overview to what this place is all about.

There are currently 3 inclusions on this board. The plan is to add another every so often when the board is in need of revitalising.

Of course, many of you will say, ‘Why isn’t this thread in?’ or ‘What about that one?’ but the chances are that the suggested thread will soon be added.

These threads will remain unlocked throughout their duration on the board, and any Blondite is more than welcome to add a post. In fact, we fully encourage it.

We hope you enjoy reading these delightful examples of fun of frolics and that you are reminded of the character and charisma of Blonde. If you are ever in need of a morale boost, then have a quick gander. My own only wish is that there are many more future threads that follow in their footsteps.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 04:35:22 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
notme
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 04:55:19 PM »

nice one looks great
divaflava

WIP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 10:57:24 PM »

Can I nominate Rob Yong's WSOP diary pls.

Now available in new improved post-rehab 'flava
dan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 11:02:01 PM »

can i noninate red dogs twin  Cheesy
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 03:01:05 PM »

Watch this space for Rob's thread.

Red-Dog's twin was considered, but I believe some folk were having trouble seeming the piccys. Once again, watch this space.

If you have any ideas regarding this board, please feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 03:33:44 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 03:02:52 PM »

And for any newbies, or those who simply haven't posted on the thread, plase feel free to add to the 'What's in a name...' thread.

C'mon, let's here those stories to how you came up with your alias.

Always good fun.  thumbs up

If it's not already in there, Divaflava would be a good start...
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 08:42:49 PM »

NEW ADDITION = ‘MY FIRST WSOP – BY ROB YONG’

Hello Blondies. 

Just a quick note to inform you of a new inclusion on the ‘Best of Blonde’ board.

Yep, you’ll all be delighted to hear that Rob Yong’s diary is now a permanent fixture on the forefront of the forum. No need to go dipping into the basement to find it, instead just have a gander via the new board.

No doubt about it, the thread needs to be preserved. Not only is it the most viewed thread on the forum by a country mile, but it’s also a hell of a cracking read. In fact, along with RED-DOG’s ‘sewage’ tale, it is one of those creations that I wished I’d composed myself.

If you are a veteran of Blonde and haven’t read it, then what the bloomin hell’s wrong with ya? Get your butt in there and have a butchers. Similarly, if you’re a newbie and don’t even know what I’m waffling on about, then go take a look. You won’t be disappointed.

Please feel free to post on the thread.

Watch this space, more gems will be added soon, but for now, go see what Rob got up to in Vegas.

Guess that wasn’t a quick note after all.

snoopy1239, over and out…

« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 07:43:18 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 08:59:26 PM »

Oh, and before I forget, if you still haven't seen RED-DOG's transformation into BLONDE-DOG, then please get yourself over to page 2 of 'the blondedog' thread on 'Best of Blonde'.

I saw him recently. I think he needs his roots doing...  Cheesy
divaflava

WIP

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 12:55:47 AM »

Good call that beagle

divaflava

WIP

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 01:04:53 AM »

Can I just add that Rob's diary is one of the best pieces of amateur journalism I've ever read.

It's passionate, honest, descriptive, inspiring and really quite good.

IF blonde was the kind of place that had required reading for newcomers, this thread would be it. TY.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 08:55:33 PM »

snoopy any thread with piccy problem let me know and i'll see what i can do

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 07:11:47 PM »

Ta Ironside.

Seems hunky dorey at the moment.

If any1 is having problems seeing the piccys, please give me or Ironside a bell.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 07:07:15 PM »

NEW ADDITION = 'HELLO, I’M NEW :-)' (A.K.A. ‘POKERGIRLIE’ THREAD)

We live in a democracy, and here at Blonde, the people have spoken.

Due to popular demand, and the odd persuasive PM from Junior, the Pokergirlie thread has been inducted into the ‘Best of Blonde’ board.

To those of you who were around on its initial release, please meander over to the board and have another gander. Relive those memories. The tears, the laughs, the everything. It had it all. Grab a loved one and reminisce. Recall the fun you had those many moons ago when the stunning Pokergirlie entered the scene. Remember the jibes, the sleazy messages, the superfluous display of charm. Lap it up all over again.

And to the newbies who haven’t got a clue what I’m waffling on about, click the link now. PRONTO!

BEST OF BLONDE

Newbies. You don’t have to read the whole lot to realize what’s happening here. Pokergirlie posts a welcome message, and like sharks smelling blood, the Blondite faithful rise from the surface quicker than a Tikay tourney exit. Armed with an alluring smile and a spot of their finest aftershave, the boys on the prowl strike within minutes, in an effort to win over the charms of this mysterious PokerGirlie.

Did they succeed? Go find out…

Please feel free to post on the thread. You may wish to help Pokergirlie out. I hear she still frequents the forum and would love to hear from you. She’s from Essex and I hear the lasses down there are top notch.

snoops  Cool
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 07:12:26 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 02:42:25 AM »

Blimey! That took longer than I thought... 

Hi all. The Snoppety Snoppy Snopster here.

To coincide with RED-DOG's recent induction into the Blonde Hall Of Fame, may I introduce to you the latest addition to the 'Best of Blonde' board...

BEST OF RED

I have only known Tom for a short while, but, in that brief time, I feel like I have made a true friend.

Those who know him will echo my thoughts when I say that he is one of the most honest, upstanding, decent  people you could ever wish to meet.

This respect doesn't just lie with his close buddies though. On Blonde, RED-DOG has become one of our most popular members and his constant supply of amusing anecdotes, words of wisdom, and wonderful tales, are a real assest to the forum.

So, the time has come to cement his legacy and assemble all these posts into one permanent home.

I've been a member of Blonde since mid-February, and there was the odd post that even I hadn't read. Hopefully, some of you veterans will also discover new material. And as for the newbies, well enjoy...

The thread on the 'Best of Blonde' board includes a broad selection of RED's posts. Some funny, some sad, but either way, they are all classics in their own right.

The thread will be read only, so please don't try to post.

At the head of each post is the title of the thread that the post came from, and at the foot of each post is the date to which the post was first composed. To see his posts in their original context, please feel free to click these links.

Once again, a big thumbs up to Tom and congrats on your Hall of Fame entry. Truely well deserved! thumbs up

ps. Many thanks to Heid who assisted me as I delved into the murky depths of the basement.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: