blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:50:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton FINAL DAY: Interactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton FINAL DAY: Interactive  (Read 39870 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2008, 01:18:25 PM »

Welcome back to the Brighton Grosvenor for the culmination of the first leg of the GUKPT tour.

The initial 280 entrants have been boiled down and concentrated to these final 9 competitors who will have spent their sleeping hours last night dreaming of what could be when they return today to duke it out for the title.

Here are our celebrated finalists, including of course William Hill's own Julian Thew, whose superb run in recent times shows no signs of abating as he returns today in fourth spot, well placed and well fancied to take down the title.  He will have to get past the meaty stacks and assembled talent of Jim Reid, Karim Louis and Joe Grech first though, who are all going to have a big say in who prospers today.

The smaller stacks are also only a double up or two away from catching up, and will doubtless have formulated their own battle plans for success today. The good structure means they have the ability to play themselves back into contention if they bring their A game along today...

We will bring you some pictures of today's Finalists shortly but for now, here are the players themselves and their chip counts.

James Reid    678000
 Karim Louis    574500
 Josef Grech    454000
 Julian Thew    400500
 Micheal Bolger    180500
 Nik Persaud    173000
 Marcus Bebb-Jones    158500
 Fabio Esposito    146000
 Roberts Cowen    136500

Good luck everyone. An explosive final beckons. Join us for the fun and frolics...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 01:20:09 PM »

gooooooooooooooooooooo thewy

good luck wishes going to julian...x
vinni

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 01:22:22 PM »

gl today guys ,cant really say who id like to win it ,cause i dont want to bokk em .

keep up the FREE live updates .

thx barry

i`v become cos`s bitch
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 01:25:04 PM »

Many Thanks Dana & JC, always quality 

to Mr Thew

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »

I really enjoyed playing this after railiing so many of them last year (I updated Brighton last time and it was awkward for the press team, no doubt about it).  I want to add my support for Julian and Jim Reid, the totally worthy recipients of all my chips last night - either is in great shape to win this.  Also rooting for chip underdog Nik Persaud who's come close but not quite got the cigar a couple of times in GUKPT events.  He used to be a rock, you know.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 01:32:21 PM »

Gl to all, esp Julian and Jim Reid

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 01:32:32 PM »

Was gutted for ya Jen.  Even refused to name you in posts for fear of the bok.  Ah well, you'll get em next time. 

Been doing a GREAT job on the updates!!!  Make sure you all have a baby guinness or 3 at some point today. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Irishdenis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 01:36:26 PM »

I just wanted to put in a word for a new player M Bolger. while I am proud to have Yo Yo, Joe and Jim as friends M  Bolger is a player for the future. He plays a lot on line and used to play a lot in a home game in West London. Please pass on my best wishes....Immediate norkage needed....  Or Flushy in a pink shirt.
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 01:38:10 PM »

Thanks to the updating team for your hard work over the weekend, and what a great decision by WH to sponsor the live updates.  I think they've had top value over the last few days.  
steeveg

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »

bookies odds below if anyone interested

GUKPT - Leg 1 Brighton   
James Reid 3/1 BET   Micheal Bolger 14/1 BET   
Joe Grech 4/1 BET   Marcus Bebb-Jones 16/1 BET   
Karim Louis 4/1 BET   Fabio Esposito 16/1 BET   
Julian Thew 4/1 BET   Roberts Cowen 20/1 BET   
Nik Persaud 10/1 BET       
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 02:19:17 PM »

10/1 Nik Persaud looks a very fair price to me, think they're underpriced the big stacks as so often in these cases

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 02:30:27 PM »

I wouldn't mind any of these guys winning, but I think Nik Persaud is due, he has plenty of weapons in his arsenal and is a talented player. Only a few days ago I was saying to Jen that I'd happily back him in a tournament.

Oh, and a special hello to my darling honey bunny, Dana. Kiss kiss.  Kiss Kiss
Card_Shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 02:41:20 PM »

I'm going for Joe Grech to take this one down, you can't rule out anyone as there are a number of very good players left in this but i think they will all be keeping a very close eye on the inform Mr. Thew. Good luck to Julian and especially my personal favorite Joe Grech.

Card_Shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 02:51:13 PM »

Does anyone what time they are due to start?

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 03:01:24 PM »

Does anyone what time they are due to start?

They are right this second announcing the players; it should be starting any second. I am not bothered that all this is going on downstairs while I am up in the press room, because Jon Raab has most kindly given us permission to set up one laptop from each updating company downstairs, right by final table, and Junglecat is there even now. Joy!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: