blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:54:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: Day 3 - At a glance
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: Day 3 - At a glance  (Read 9335 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2008, 12:31:16 PM »

Welcome back to Day 3 of the Dortmund EPT.

Yesterday proved to be chock-a-block full of great poker, exciting hands, big names, some of whom prospered (Marcel Luske) whilst other well-fancied players fell by the wayside (Daniel Negreanu, Annette Obrestad) The drama of the day was neatly encapsulated in a tense moment for unlucky German player Stefan Wrengler, whose EPT journey was derailed in agonising fashion as he crashed out on the bubble to a one out bad beat.

Today holds the promise of yet more nail-biting excitement. With the flying Dutchman, Marcel Luske still in the thick of things and world heads up runner up Dan Carter and Steve Jelinek still flying the flag for English hopes, there is much to pique the interest of all the fans out there. Spaniard Diego Perez Marco leads the way but the past 3 days' poker have shown nothing can be taken for granted and there will surely be twists and turns aplenty ahead.

Chip counts for the remaining players will follow shortly. Join myself and Jen us as the nerve-wracking battle for the coveted EPT dortmund continues apace through Day 3.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 12:38:49 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:41:06 PM »

Full chip counts for the remaining 32 players, courtesy of Pokerstars.com and the wonderful Madeleine Harper.

Diego Perez Marco 361,600    
Michael McDonald 335,700
Claudio Rinaldi 278,700    
Marco Liesy    278,200    
Johannes Strassmann 276,400    
Aniol Alcaraz    216,200    
Brandon Schaefer 202,300    
Andreas Gülünay 201,100    
Jan Heitmann    200,400
Manfred Hammer    135,300    
Christopher Rossiter    129,500    
Thibaut Durand 123,200    
Marcel Luske    123,000
Peyman Mohammadzadeh    114,800    
Manfred Bass    114,400    
Daniel Ryan    110,400    
Daniel Carter    105,900    
Christian Harder 101,900    
Alexandar Milanov 96,300    
Tyler Friederich 91,600    
Chabot Cyrille  74,700    
Hugo Marialva Felix   63,000    
Marcel Cesarz    59,300
Steve Jelinek    57,700    
Jioí Kulhánek    53,600
Bernhard Damnik 44,000
Andreas Sarling 38,400    
Torsten Haase    36,800    
Syikrai Istafan 32,100    
Mario Kühl 27,600    
Raul Paez Corral 25,400    
Sebastian Till    16,200

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 02:13:14 PM »

Today sees the start of the Feature Table, with multi-language commentary and and interesting line-up:

Commentators:

Barry Martin (English)
Benjamin 'Benjo' Gallen (French)
George Danzer (German)

FT players:

1. Brandon Schaefer
2. Jan Heitmann
3. Raul Perez Corral
4. Hugo Marialva Felix
5. Torsten Haase
6. Marcel Luske
7. Andreas Gulunay
8. Jioi Kulhanek

Bear with us (and them) as the start is a little late... as soon as the cards are in the air, we'll be right near by watching them fly.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 02:32:26 PM »

Good luck to Leo Sayer!

Is there a prize breakdown available somewhere?

1    € 933,600
2    € 528,500
3    € 307,000
4    € 234,200
5    € 193,000
6    € 152,000
7    € 120,200
8    € 85,500
9    € 52,200
10    € 52,200
11    € 41,100
12    € 41,100
13    € 31,700
14    € 31,700
15    € 22,150
16    € 22,150
17    € 17,400
18    € 17,400
19    € 17,400
20    € 17,400
21    € 17,400
22    € 17,400
23    € 17,400
24    € 17,400
25    € 12,650
26    € 12,650
27    € 12,650
28    € 12,650
29    € 12,650
30    € 12,650
31    € 12,650
32    € 12,650
33    € 9,500
34    € 9,500
35    € 9,500
36    € 9,500
37    € 9,500
38    € 9,500
39    € 9,500
40    € 9,500

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »

Here's how the tables which are not the TV table look:

1. Mario Kuhl
2. Daniel Ryan
3. Christian Harder
4. Manfred Hammer
5. Marco Liesy
6. Tyler Friedrich
7. Bernhard Damnik
8. Dan Carter

1. Manfred Bass
2. Aniol Alcaraz
3. Sebastian Till
4. Michael McDonald
5. Claudio Rinaldi
6. Chabot Cyrille
7. Syikrai Istafan
8. Alexandar Milanov

1. Andreas Sarling
2. Christopher Rossiter
3. Diego Perez Marco
4. Peyman Mohammadzadeh
5. Johannes Strassmann
6. Steve Jelinek
7. Thibaut Durand
8. Marcel Cesarz

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 02:59:07 PM »

A pictorial representation of the start of today's proceedings is so much more effective.

Yes indeed the day has started at a frenetic pace, with fireworks aplenty. Jen is amongst the players now gathering photos and information but news has filtered through to the press room of an incredible four eliminations at this early stage!

German player Manfred Bass is OUT!

Sadly, english hope Steve Jelinek is OUT!

Chip leader at the start of day 2, Frenchman Cyril Chabot is OUT!

American player Brandon Schafer is OUT!

I have no other information than this at present but Jen will be appearing shortly with more fullsome news of these and potentially other eliminations. Like the rest of you I will be waiting with baited breath.

Wow, what a way to start!

28 players left...and counting...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 03:11:17 PM »

While you are all very kind to busy yourselves analysing Dan's table draw, he's just been moved to Table Three... to take the place of Cyrille Chabot, who busted right at the beginning of the first half hour of carnage.  Chips are flying in every direction, sometimes with a finality that sees the losing player shaking hands and doing the Slow Walk.  Steve Jelinek had held on to a smallish stack for a long time yesterday, his grinding paying off and bringing him back for Day Three, but not long enough for us to take a snap of him...

Meanwhile mystery UK player Chris Rossiter has evaded the elimination rush, and seems entirely unfazed by proceedings.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 03:18:42 PM »

Flirting with the rail in more senses than one is Raul Perez Corral - pictured standing up after he turned his grain of rice into a small bowl - having moved in over the top of a Jan Heitmann raise with , finding Jan with three clubs three diamonds but facing only a tiny dent to his stack if he lost.  Which he did.  Raul has a very enthusiastic crowd of supporters in the stands by the TV Table who shouted "Bravo Raul!" with all their hearts.  They do it quite a lot actually.

Thomas Kremser: "And Marcel raises...Jan Pass, Raul Pass.."
The Railers: "BRAVO RAUL!"

You get the picture.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »

Manfred Bass was the first eliminated today, with the surprise follower out in the form of Brandon Schaefer, whose stack had suddenly shortened to all-in sized after losing one big pot early doors.  Still smiling as cameras flashed at him upon his descent from the TV table, though - as is Marcel Luske, whose stack looks enormous and I will guess was the winner of that early big pot.

Pictured: Torsten Haase, Marcel Luske and Andreas Gulunay

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 03:51:33 PM »

As ever, the easiest way to find out what happened to someone who's busted is to gauge their depression level and then, when it seems they are OK with it, just ask.  I give you - the three-stage knockout of Brandon Schaefer:

Click to see full-size image.

1) Aces Cracked:  Short stack Jioi Kulhanek (probably) shoved pre for 60k.  Schaefer has (suits invented because I like the look of the little cards).  Slow flat call to try to tempt in Jan Heitmann...who's not having any of it.  Shover has three clubs and the Aces have been straightened out and are drawing dead on the turn.

2) Flushed by Underpair:  The same guy raises to 15k pre, and Schaefer calls in the cutoff with .  Flop:  Somethingelseofspades.
25k is bet out, and he sets the bettor in for the rest of his 75k or so - he is called with and is flushed and drawing dead on the turn.

3) Accidental call:  Now short stacked himself, he shoved with A-3 preflop.  The small blind announced, "Call," before realising that Schaefer had shoved and was made to match the bet with K-9.  You know what must have happened.  At least he wasn't drawing dead on the turn.

"I don't know what happened.  Usually I am the one sucking out."  Expect to see more of the even-tempered American on the final sunny stages of the EPT.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 03:53:54 PM »

2 more eliminations is quick succession...

First the shortstacked German Sebastian Till found himself with few chips back in the big blind, so when the big stacked Swiss player Claudio Rinaldi raised and everyone else folded, he called the last few of his chips off with , hoping to be holding live cards.

His wish came true as Claudio turned over the ahead, but not dominating .

A three diamonds board was no use however, so it was a case of goodbye "Till" next time for the German as he joined the rail at an impressive speed that denied me any chance to snap a shot.

Next a large three way pot was played out. Shortstacked Hungarian Syikrai Istafan shovelled his chips into the middle and was called by the far bigger stacks of Aniol Alcaraz and Canadian Mike McDonald who occupied the small and big blind spots respectively.

A flop of Two Diamonds two hearts elicited a check from Aniol and a bet of 25k from McDonald....which Alcaraz called.

The turn fell the .

Checked again by Alcaraz, Mike upped the aggression, betting out 40k this time. Alcaraz calmly counted out the requisite number of chips, thought about it...and again called...

RIVER:

Check yet again by Alcaraz, 80k or so bet i think by McDonald and another check-call from Alcaraz.

Mike could barely resist smiling as he flipped over for a rivered nut full house, whilst Alcaraz quickly mucked.

Istafan was very unlikely to flip over the required 2-2 to take the pot and indeed showed his A-K ruefully before making another very sharpish exit to the rail.

Here is the canadian Mcdonald organising his ever increasing stack, next to tablemate and similarly but not quite as well stacked Swiss player Claudio Rinaldi.

Istafan leaving like greased lightning, but luckily my superb camera skills managed to get this great shot of the side of his face.

With all this drama, no wonder some of the players are utilising the services of the relaxing massage girls to calm themselves, or like Marcel Luske here, keeping themselves perky with cups of freshly brewed coffee, possibly Maxwell House, although this is unlikely.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 03:55:56 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 04:09:27 PM »

Think I Just saw Dan Carter on the coverage standing up, then sitting down again and raking in some chips. Any news?

Oh yes indeedy!

What a coup for Dan.

Fellow brit Chris Rossiter raised from UTG, only to find Dan applying the pressure with a reraise. The small blind Marcel Cesarz now shoved, reraised allin by Chris Rossiter and CALLED by Dan!

Big hands were inevitable at this stage and that proved to be the case as Chris flipped over a pair of Queens, which had coldeckedly run into Dan's spiffing pair of Aces. Cesarz's timing proved bad as he turned over a pair of Jacks.

For once there was no bad beat story to tell as Dan won the huge pot with his bullets, which will have propelled his stack to the lofty heights of 300k+ and given him a fantastic chance of reaching the final table, whilst German Marcel Cesarz was banished to the rail and Chris Rossiter may have been knocked out, or at the very least was left crippled after this hand.

Go Dan!!!!

Whilst typing this, I heard Marcel Luske's multitudinous cups of coffee have not warded off bad luck as he too has also been eliminated at this early stage!

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 04:18:27 PM »

Jan Heitmann has just been knocked out by Thorsten Haase in 19th spot in a monster coup, the pot swellling to the gargantuan proportions of 260k or so by the river...

It looked as though Haase had an overpair of Queens whilst it looked like Heitmann held 68 for some sort of straight and paired combination,

My god the carnage...our eyes are bleeding, not to mention our fingers are being reduced to bloody stumps...

Yet more news from JEN!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 04:20:18 PM »

************New TV Stars************

The TV table lineup is changing...we're going to see featured Messrs. Mike 'Timex' McDonald, Dan Carter and Claudio Rinaldi on the feed, or in our case on a really big pull-down screen in the press room without sound.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 04:33:27 PM »

Here are the other erstwhile members of Table Carter:

Alexandar Milanov (68k):

Manfred Hammer (100,000ish) and Aniol Alcaraz (105,000)

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: