blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:38:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Copenhagen Day 1b - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Copenhagen Day 1b - At A Glance  (Read 16884 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 08:54:22 PM »

and what about the very known players like Markus Golser, Tony G, Tom McEvoy, and the others Huh?

Don't worry, Jen and Dana, your reports are very interresting...

Markus Golser has 42k.

Tony G and Tom McEvoy are both OUT, Tony G super-early (I think we reported it as soon as we knew; nobody seems to have seen his actual exit hand though, sorry).

Will check on the French guys...
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »

Over on table Slotboom super short stacked Trond Sundby looked ready to push when it folded to him on the button.  "Please take it easy on me," pleaded small blind Rolf, "I need the money!"  I have never seen anyone so protective of their small blind... anyway when Sundby's last 2,500 hit the middle it wasn't Rolf but big blind Roland Olsson who made the call showing to Sundby's .  A on the flop sealed the deal and we're down another player.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 09:25:57 PM »

LA FRANCEWATCH

Nicolas Levi - approx. 20k
Paul Testud - approx. 25k
Arnaud Mattern - exactly 6.1k and a bit unhappy about it, bless
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 09:27:14 PM »

Arnaud didn't self destruct after his AK problem, but has been grinding with around 6k... but he did come to tell me during a particularly weird hand other people were involved in on his table, "I am going INSANE!"  Whether this is to do with the play or some of the players or the dealer, I am not sure, but one worries.  He said that the floor had just been called due to a pretty remarkable series of dealer errors - like so:

1) On the flop with two players in the pot, a guy not in the hand made the sign of the check (you know, tapped the table) and the dealer dealt the turn.  It was then pointed out that the checker had no cards.
2) The players (who hadn't acted) then sort of accepted that they wouldn't make a fuss and play the turn.  While action was still on player 1, who was doing some thinking, the dealer dealt the river.
3) Now player 2 wants to bet. 
4) The floorman rules that the river is to be reshuffled into the deck and a round of betting completed for the turn (fair enough).  Player 2 now doesn't look so delighted about betting, but does anyway and somehow wins the pot right there.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 09:27:57 PM »

Chugging along as a relatively big stack all day has been Gino Alacqua. Just now I saw him knock out Erik Boden.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2008, 09:29:45 PM »

Are Testud and Levi always at the same table Huh??

any collusion ? lol...

Yes, they've been at the same table all day, with Levi's New Best Friend, Amsterdam Master Classics Final Tabler Micke Norinder between them. Cannot possibly comment as to collusion, But probably.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »

Stuart Rutter, yo-yoing about all over the place, is in a much better mood now that he has doubled up to 29k, not least because he had Aces and it could so easily have gone terribly wrong.

He flat-called a raise to 1200, but there was another caller, and he was a-feared come the K-J-6, two-hearts flop. The original raiser bet 1800 and The Rutter raised to 3800, and then called the all-in. Original Raiser had three diamonds.

"It's the first all in I've won in donkeys' years!" he enthuses.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2008, 09:37:06 PM »

Ramzi Jelassi has just been moved two to the left of Markus Golser (does Mr. Golser ever not build a good stack in these events?) who has 55k which makes his 30k look less good.  He sat down and received his first hand utg+1.  He raised (here we go, the table may sigh) to 1,025, called by Livio Foianesi and big blind Golser.
Flop:  Two Clubs   Check to Ramzi who makes it 2,500.  Pass back but not further than Markus who promptly makes it 6,500.  "Are you sure?" asks Ramzi, "It's my first hand..." then says, "It's winning," and folds what looked like a raggy suited Ace face-up.  "You wouldn't like it if I made it 15k..." he tries, but Markus is giving away absolutely nothing. 

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2008, 09:38:08 PM »

Nicolaj Linneballe, in the suit in the photo, has doubled up his 3.8k microstack. He shoved with utg and big blind Christian Grundtvig, not in the suit in the photo, called with .

Board - a decidedly un-Jack-filled three clubs
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2008, 09:43:40 PM »

Steven "all in stevie" Devlin has doubled up, moving in on the turn of a board and finding a caller in Kenneth Gregersen.

I know Devlin has a monster, because he does not give me the evil eye as I take a photo of him while he is all in (a kind of blogger's tell). He flips over . Gregersen makes a sad noise, and flips over the ; he is informed that he must show his other card too, and it is the inconsequential seeing as he's drawing dead .

UPDATE - actually he's OUT now, apparently hurling himself into Ramzi Jelassi's Aces. Oops.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2008, 09:45:09 PM »

A defiantly-staring Mike McDonald - about 20k.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2008, 10:15:07 PM »

Um, yes, obviously as soon as we find a UK player he promptly exits. One day someone's going to sue us for cursing them or something.

Anyway, I believe what happened was that Nick Mazur raised some preflop and then Stig Farholt re-raised to 5k or so (missed the very early stages of the hand, so I sort of pieced that back together with my Awesome Powers Of Deduction). Nick called.

Flop - and Farholt says, "How much you have?" They end up with Nick all in. He has . Stig Farholt has . No Queen, and he's OUT. I take a heartless photo of him as it's sinking in, before he's even stood up to leave. Sorry, Mr Mazur.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2008, 10:17:01 PM »

Um, yes, the Rutter Rollercoaster also continues. He's down to 12k again, after finding himself on the losing end of a QQ v AK race, an Ace on the turn. He is becoming hysterical.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2008, 10:19:01 PM »

The clock has been stopped, and they're playing the last apparently-randomly-generated-number-of-hands of the day. Today that number is seven. I shall continue to report stuff that happened before that while Jen watches those last seven hands.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2008, 10:21:48 PM »

Martin Skovgaard Anersen doubled up with three diamonds on an  board, somehow convincing Frei Kjaer that he wanted to call on the flop with K-Q.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: