blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:16:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  1977 v 2007
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1977 v 2007  (Read 1506 times)
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« on: February 29, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »

School 1977 vs. School 2007

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1977 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up mates.

2007 - Police are called, Armed Response Unit arrives and arrests Johnny and Mark. Mobiles with video of fight confiscated as evidence. They are charged with assault, ASBOs are taken out and both are suspended even though Johnny started it. Diversionary conferences and parent meetings conducted. Video shown on 6 internet sites.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't sit still in class, disrupts other students.

1977 - Jeffrey is sent to the principal's office and given 6 of the best. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2007 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. Counselled to death. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra funding because Jeffrey has a disability. Drops out of school.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him the slipper.

1977 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. Psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mum has an affair with the psychologist. Psychologist gets a promotion.

Scenario: Mark, a college student, brings cigarettes to school .

1977 - Mark shares a smoke with the school principal out on the smoking area.

2007 - Police are called and Mark is expelled from School for drug possession. His car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Mohammed fails high school English.

1977 - Mohammed retakes his exam, passes and goes to college.

2007 - Mohammed's cause is taken up by local human rights group. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that making English a requirement for graduation is racist. Civil Liberties Association files class action lawsuit against state school system and his English teacher. English is banned from core curriculum. Mohammed is given his qualification anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers, puts them in a model plane paint bottle and blows up an anthill.

1977 - Ants die.

2007 - MI5 and police are called and Johnny is charged with perpetrating acts of terrorism. Teams investigate parents, siblings are removed from the home, computers are confiscated, and Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly with American Carriers ever again.

Scenario: Johnny falls during break and scrapes his knee. His teacher, Mary, finds him crying, and gives him a hug to comfort him.

1977 - Johnny soon feels better and goes back to playing.

2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy. Becomes gay.

Saw this on another forum, follow up post to come a little later.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 08:24:41 PM »

ZOMG this made me Lol hard

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 10:53:42 PM »

Funny..but sadly true.
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 11:46:02 PM »

Abs spot on...and shows what muppets the PC crowd are....
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 05:22:14 AM »

Yes true, ive made this point on several other threads.

The really sad thing is, imagine it is 2037, what the hell would happen then??

I pity the next generation, I really do
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 10:19:18 AM »

The more I read the more nostalgic I got about very true comparisions -- off to take the prescription pills I have been given {2007} (or will I take a walk by the sea and feel a lot better {1977})

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Ecosse

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 02:02:58 PM »

That's what happens when muppets keep voting labour. Nanny state nonsense.
CRIPPIN

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 08:38:20 PM »

Yes true, ive made this point on several other threads.

The really sad thing is, imagine it is 2037, what the hell would happen then??

I pity the next generation, I really do
No problem, we'll have Sharia Law by then, they'll know what to do!!

veritas lux mea
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: