blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1B - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1B - At A Glance  (Read 15597 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2008, 10:33:48 PM »

Dave Welch is OUT. "Sick game, sick, sick," he exclaims as he heads to the rail. "I had A-9 of hearts against K-Q. Two hearts hit the Flop and I still didn't win."

---------

Paul Hambleton and Nick Goodall are both OUT.

----------

I caught a dejected Rob Garfield wallowing in self pity at the bar, but I suppose he had good reason to. "I raised it up with Tens, only for this solid fella to re-raise behind me. I knew he wasn't messing around, so thought I'd smooth call and see where we go from there, perhaps get away if the Flop is dangerous. Anyhow, it came A-T-x, which is obviously good if he has something like A-K. Anyhow, I checked hoping to check-raise, but he just moved it all in. Of course I called and straight away he sighed and showed Queens. Guy next to me said he folded K-Q and of course, the River came the case Queen."

Harsh one for Rob, he looked devastated in defeat, perhaps the highs and many lows of tournament poker beginning to frustrate him.

----------

Frank Romanello stays alive... just. 7-9 surviving all-in against J-3 with an A-5-K-Q... 7 board. Still short though.

On another table, David Rudling appears to be battling for the chip lead with circa 60k in chips (not 100% accurate as we was stacking them up at the time). His victim was Paul King, the shiny topped fish fryer pushing all-in with on a board and being snap called by Rudling. Rudling showed to leave Paul praying for just one out which, not surprisingly, failed to arrive on the Turn and River. At least he can say he got knocked out with a flush.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 10:49:15 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2008, 10:49:17 PM »

Quick chip counts

I had a quick chat with Warren Wooldridge. He just lost quite a few chips - about 8k with 6-6.

"It was a blind on blind battle...I knew I was ahead, I KNEW IT! but he raised enough I would have had to go allin...it was a good bet" he conceded regretfully.

Still on 13/14k though.

Neil Channing looks to have 22k or so, although I couldn't get a clear view of his stack so he may have slightly more...

Jerome Bradpiece was just involved in a big coup. On a , himself and Marius Hogtun committed their stacks (Channing was also involved at some point although folded on the flop to some severe heat...)

Marius showed the flushtastic whilst Jerome tabled the completely dominant bag of spanners connecting with flop-tastic for a flopped full house...

Marius needed divine intervention to save him here and the running aces or required combination of / /   failed to arrive, meaning a huge pot headed toward Jerome, who looked to have 30-35k now.

Here is Mr Bradpiece showing his customary excitement at scooping the pot...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2008, 11:06:15 PM »

I'm afraid I couldn't find Seb Saffari, which means either a) he's out, or b) he's one of the handful of players who both have their faces inconveniently towards the wall and their ID cards obscured by a variety of needless bric-a-brac on their respective tables. We should have the full official chip counts at the end of this level to confirm one way or the other though.

Meanwhile, definitely confirmed OUT are Keith the Camel Hawkins and David Welch.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2008, 11:09:11 PM »

Alan Rawling has doubled up courtesy of Liam Flood in a kind of dirty outdraw-y sort of way.

Rawling -
Flood - massively dominatey

Board - two spades
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2008, 11:11:46 PM »

I think not yet mentioned on this update but still in the running is Mr JJ Hazan.

"Please quote me on this. I lost lots of chips. Bollocks."

Still in though...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2008, 11:18:16 PM »

The Dude abides... With a bunch of chips!

Ramazanali Abbassi (try saying that when you're drunk) is all in on a two hearts flop, and Mr Jerome Bradpiece calls.

Abbassi -
Jerome -

Turn -
River -

Jerome barely looks up from his fruit salad, but a slow smile creeps across his face. By the time he reaches his smiling apex, Abbassi is long gone from the table...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2008, 11:22:18 PM »

By some curious twist of something, Ms Vicky Coren and Mr Neil Channing are now seated next to each other. Vicky looks the more pleased about it, for some reason.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2008, 11:30:07 PM »

Looks like we're on a short break. The next level played will be the last of the night - it is meant to be Level 9, 500/1000, but because of an accident yesterday they'll actually be playing 600/1200, and then repeating the 600/1200 level tomorrow. We don't have a Level 9 - 600/1200 button on our tournament clock, we only have a Level 10 - 600/1200 button, so it will continue to say Level 10. Sorry.

------------

Liam Flood is OUT. Found himself in a good spot for a treble up with Queens versus Big Slick x 2, but a King hit the Flop to send the Gentleman to the rail.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:04:17 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2008, 11:44:56 PM »

Hitsquad updates have been thin on the ground recently, so to bring you up to speed, just in case you hadn't realised, Karl Mahrenholz was knocked out a while ago whilst Praz Bansi is struggling to get a stack going with 10k or so to his name at the moment.

Next blinds are 600 1200 so he will be getting his stack into the middle in a s**t or bust move sooner rather than later I imagine.

Dave Colclough is prospering at the moment. He just eliminated the shortstacked Stuart Nash, swelling his already bulging stack up to a whopping 40k or so. Good work El Blondie!

Brighton regular Koroush Nikkhahe will also be looking for a good spot as his M decreases to a critical level, holding a vulnerable 15k or so at the moment. Expect fireworks to commence.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2008, 11:58:47 PM »

As I scoured the cardroom looking for the latest chip daddies (or mummies), I unearthed this motley crew, all of whom are doing swimmingly well.

(1) Mark Friedman -- 110k
(2) Stewart Clutterbuck -- 91k
(3) Jerome Bradpiece -- 74.5k
(4) Dave Colclough -- 55k
(5) David Rudling -- 54k
(6) Yilfer Shevket -- 51.5k

----------

Well I can't give you a hand, but I can give you (1) a photo of Jon practising his yoga at the table and (2) his current chip count of 35k. The hand that lured me over the table actually involved the two players seated either side of Stretch Armstrong, Tony Phillips (left) running A-Q into the A-K of Ketul Nethwani (right). As a result, Ketul (currently resisting all kettle puns although they will appear later on) shoots up to 50k, Tony drops down to 7k and Jon pulls a muscle.

----------

Chris Rhodes was short, but has now doubled through to something slightly more playable after near felting Alan Armitage. Alan had , but he was dominated by Chris' , and even more so when a King hit the Flop.

----------

Glenn Altman is either out or experiencing one of those awkward moments where you realise you've run out of toilet paper... but it's too late.

In other news, Paul Bracken is down to the felt after losing a race against Jonathan Baylis with A-K versus 8-8. King on the Flop.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:24:15 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2008, 12:19:02 AM »

We've seen more doubles than a game of darts here at the Vic, the latest recipient being Lloyd Rees whose Pocket Rockets stood up against Mateyboy's K-Q.

-------------

Chris Bruce won't be receiving a Brucie bonus this year as he becomes the latest player to hit the deck. The player responsible was Derek Miller, the backwards capper finding Jacks in the small blind after Bruce had pushed on two limpers from late position with K-9 off. An A-T-Q-5-2 board later and Bruce was gone. Good game, good game. It was nice to see him, to see him...

------------

Bedlam at Table Skalie as shortstacker Tony Philips pushes in the filthiest of dirty stacks, much to his own amusement.

"Let's just see if anyone's interested before we bother counting it," he suggests.

"I want a count," demands Yilfer.

As the dealer, who was actually impressively swift in his calculation, counted out the mixed bag of chips, Yilfer declared, "No, you're taking too long, I fold", thereby leaving the decision on the shoulders of Harpit Gurnam who I believe had limped.

Harpit also wanted a count, and after being informed that it was 6.1k more to call, happily threw in the chips and flipped over .

"Come on the Sevens!" exclaimed Tony, throwing, yep, you guessed it, a pair of Sevens onto the table.

The Flop was a good one, a giving Phillips a set. The Turn sealed the deal.

"It's the magic Sevens!" added an elated Phillips, that particular pair clearly having dealt him some good fortune more than once.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »

MONSTROUS, RIDICULOUS HAND ALERT!

Biggest Pot Of The Day Action!

I wander over to Table Chili because as far as I can see she has raised preflop to 4k, with at least one caller behind her in James Morgan, and I see that Frank Doyle has gone all in for considerably more. I should note at this point that Jonathan Huckle is also in the hand - his back was to me and I couldn't see his chips, apologies apologies - I just sort of assumed he'd flat-called the 4k until Snoops and Junglecat put doubt in my mind and made me think he might have re-raised - reasons for this to become obvious soon.

Chili dwells. For ages. So when she finally calls (she and Doyle are roughly even in chips), James Morgan and Jonathan Huckle don't have to bother pretending to think about it. Four-way all in!

Frank Doyle -
Maria Demetriou -
James Morgan -
Jonathan Huckle -

Board - oh, this is exciting, "Aces can't win!" someone is shouting - (OOOH!) - wait wait for it -

And I swear the look of joy on her face is that same look that newly-crowned Misses World have - it's a look of pure happiness that says that fate has finally smiled upon her. She had 35k at the start of the hand and covered all three unfortunate all-inners; three very angry gentleman headed for the rail while she raked in a veritable mountain of chips. She is a very lucky girl, and we reckon she's our new chip leader with probably around 100k.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:39:45 AM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2008, 12:28:00 AM »

End Of Level 8 Chip Counts, thanks all you Bluesquare chip-counters you. Guess Chili is now second in chips, seeing as how Mark Friedman has so very many.

Mark Friedman   137925
Stewart Clutterbuck   93375
Jerome Bradpiece   76200
Dave Colclough   63500
David Rudling   53075
Yilfer Shevket   51650
Ketul Nathwani   51250
Fran Egan   51225
Mark Rayson   50975
Jan Lundberg   50325
Farid Badiemansour   49875
Steven Chandler   49200
Davijay Sadarangani   48875
John Rigolli   43950
Alan Stearn   43025
E Svanes   41075
Marius Hogtun   41000
Harprit Gurnam   37875
Jonathan Kalmar   37225
Davood Mehrmand   36500
Jonathon Martin   36100
Anthony Chapman   35925
James Woodruff   35675
Derek Miller   35675
Fabio Esposito   34600
Carlton Joseph   34200
W Cheung   32525
Maria Demetriou   31400
Mike Panteli   31100
Craig Owen   29825
Frank Pini   28850
Daniel Burgess   27800
Jonathon Baylis   27650
Jonathan Huckle   27575
Christoffer Nilsen   27300
John Burberry   26700
Jim Reid   25700
Terry Chapman   24475
Victoria Coren   23625
Sam George   23350
Matthew Waddington   22575
Simon Wickenden   22475
Louise Fennell   22375
Daren Braddick   21850
Anthony William Hardy   21800
Paul Rosati   21525
Koroush Nikkhahe   21100
James Ballantyne   20375
Jeraint Hazan   20100
Steve Jelinek   20075
Chris Rhodes   19200
James Morgan   19050
Frank Doyle   18950
Keir Fitzgibbon   18850
Alan Rawling   18350
Hugo Martin   16700
Antony Phillips   14800
Daniel Kerridge   14075
Lam Trinh   13425
Lloyd Rees   13275
Sebastian Saffari   11550
Martins Adeniya   11225
Charles Denton   11075
Neil Channing   9850
Teddy Sheringham   9150
Nik Stylianou   8550
Simon Joseph Eastwood   8175
Praz Bansi   4975
Mark Survila   4675
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2008, 12:35:41 AM »

Two previously-not-hugely-mentioned-in-our-updates yet still-in-the-tournament players, John Rigolli and Carlton Joseph, see a flop and a turn before I become interested in what they're doing.

The board reads and Carlton is betting 1.5k; soon afterwards John is calling.

River - and Carlton bets 5k. John makes it 12k and Carlton calls.

Carlton Joseph -
John Rigolli - for a sneakily played straight. He takes down the chunky pot.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2008, 12:36:31 AM »

Any news on Des Jonas?

Sorry iorek but the mightily-biceped Des has joined the throng on the rail.

He was his normal chatty self though, his current topic of choice being the premise that brummies dress better than londoners. His case was built on the fact that many of the london players in the Vic are sporting cardigans.
He refused to be assuaged from this standpoint.

Big hand alert.

Sam "Bruff me" George limped in, the small blind completed and Mark Rayson checked his option in the big blind.

Flop Q 9 8 rainbow.

Check...check...check.

TURN: 8

Check, Mark bet 3k and Sam raised to 8k, small blind scarpers and Mark now chooses to move ALLIN!

I heard it was about 32k for Sam to call, and he INSTANTLY called with K-Q!!!

Mark had T-J for the nut straight, and the combination of no 8 or Q on the river and the fact Mark had Sam covered means Sam George is OUT!

I felt that this was a bit of a loose call on the face of it. I don't know whether these 2 have any history but I would have expected K-Q not to be good there myself, given the action and the stage of proceedings. Certainly not an insta-call worthy hand.

One more casualty as we approach the last moments of level 9 and the end of the day...

-------------

Plenty of last minute action still to report, starting with the demise of 'Rana' Harpit Gurnam, the Welshman pushing his shortstack in from late position with A-5, only to be called, after asking for a precise count, by Tony Phillips with A-K. "I had to call really," he later confessed.

Whilst the 3c-8s-Kh Flop had Rana heading towards the door, he pivoted slightly on the 2h Turn, but the hesitation was in vain as the River brought a non straightening Td.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 01:10:34 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: