blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:26:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1B - At A Glance
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1B - At A Glance  (Read 15602 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« on: March 07, 2008, 03:16:31 AM »

Greetings poker fanatics and welcome to the At A Glance live update of the BlueSquare.com London GUKPT.

On this thread we shall publish just the bare details: double ups, exits, chip counts, etc.

For a fuller update, and the opportunity to interact with the updates in whatever shape or form you wish, then please visit our Interactive update by clicking the link below.

Yoohoo! Click me. Click me. :-P

Play for Day 1B commences at 2pm.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »

Yes yes indeedy we're here, except for Snoops who seems to have got lost somewhere between Edgware Rd station and the Vic while Junglecat was buying a lighter and I was in M&S getting a fruit breakfast...

Anyway, they're just about to get started, so we're heading down there. Hopefully full player list will be with us shortly...

----------

It would appear as though we have an early elimination in the form of Jason Ho. No further information, although I expect if we wanted to extract the hand details we could find him vomiting in the toilet.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 02:17:55 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 02:41:31 PM »

I actually haven't been down to the cardroom yet because I've been typing up this monstrous seating plan:

Table 1
Fran Egan
Jim Reid
Fuad Serhan
Jonathon Baylis
Antonio Romanello
Ben Roberts
David Barraclough
Hugh Kirton
Laurence Houghton
Spencer Lawrence

Table 2
Suzanne Pyefinch
Cunningham-Brown
Ryan Fronda
Paul King
Carlton Joseph
David Rudling
Rumit Somaiya
Alex Blackwood
Chris Sokrati
Walid Salim Khalil

Table 3
Chris Bruce
Maria Demetriou
Daniel Kerridge
Robert Rees
David Clark
Mark Tomblin
Albert Kenny
Fabio Esposito
Paul Hambleton
Dan Carter

Table 4
Luke Spalding
Charles Denton
Anu Mikkola
Vincent Mather
Nik Stylianou
Andrew Teng
Barbara Gibson
D Jones
Jonathan Kalmar
Ketu Nathwani

Table 5
Brian Prescott
W Cheung
Peter Hansen
John Burberry
Glen Ashworth
James Woodruff
Will Kassouf
Woody Deck
Mick McCool
Edna Adams

Table 6
Nick Goodall
Mike Panteli
Dave Colclough
Jenyue Chiang
Simon Eastwood
Christoffer Nilsen
Bernard Litman
Daren Braddick
Robert Boon
Frank Pini

Table 7
Marius Hogtun
Trevor Pearson
Lalit Khajuria
Simon Zach
Sam George
Glen Altham
Mark Harris
Tony Kelly
Davood Mehrmand
Ian Broadrick

Table 8
Simon Taylor
Dr Aris
Jonathon Martin
Russ Cawley
Johnathon Reynolds
Alan Armitage
Stewart Clutterbuck
Chris Rhodes
Tariq Arees
Rob Taylor

Table 9
Jason Ho - honoured to be first OUT, so seat now occupied by alternate
Praz Bansi
Ed Arees - apparently on here twice, will hopefully get revised, truthful version soon
Frank Romanello
Michael Vassiliou
Yilfer Shevket
Lars Eidissen
Chandrakant Khajuria
Simon Wickenden
Lam Trinh

Table 10
Laurie Tyler
Trevor Lawson
James Ballantyne
Koroush Nikkhahe
P Mcintyre
Jeff Kimber
Farid Badiemansour
Stuart Rutter
Steven Chandler
P Ruddy

Table 11
Sunny Chattha
Tom Camp
Daniel Burgess
Dave Penley
Harpit Gurnam
Mark Rayson
Osman Hasan
F Javed
Jeraint Hazan
Anthony Chapman

Table 12
Martino Libertini
Derick Block
Sasha Rosewood
Mark Friedman
Keith Hawkins
Stephen Bayliff
Richard Wheatley
Aaron Barry
John Wright
Richard Simmons

Table 13
Liam Boland
David Maudlin
Ali Mallu
Jason Powell
Frank Doyle
Paul Bracken
John Hadjinicolaou
Ray Wyre
Ian Holman
Paul Rosati

Table 14
Fran Creed
Chris Huyton
Derek Miller
John Fletcher
Steve Jelinek
Keir Fitzgibbon
Ramazanali Abbassi
Ian Gerrard
Neil Channing
Clive Layton

Table 15
Anthony William Hardy
Mark Steer
Carlo Gabriele
Neel Chudasama
Tim Blake
Jan Lundberg
Andrew Johnson
Alan Stearn
Sean Gregory
Hugo Martin

Table 16
Jaced Ghazi
Matthew Waddington
Warren Wooldridge
Frode Gjedsal
Iwan Jones
Richard Fuller
Liam Flood
Alan Ivinson
Tony Cascarino
Davijay Sadarangani

Table 17
Jerome Bradpiece
Lawrence Windish
Fahid Ali
Albert Sapiano
Teddy Sheringham
Victoria Coren
James Morgan
Terry Chapman
Carlo Citrone
Lawrence Morley

Table 18
M Mcelhinney
Konstantin Sobol
Eftichios Neocleous
Ghassan Elhoss
David J Lloyd
Rob Garfield
Ghassan Chehbi
Anthony Phillips
Craig Owen
Simon Ashdown

Table 19
John Rigolli
Stephen Walmsley
Stuart Nash
David Laronde
Jonathan Huckle
Patrik Selin
Alan Rawling
Martins Adeniya
Frank Callaghan
Micheal Bolger

Table 20
Kyriacos Dionysiou
Andrew Booth
John CHambers
Louise Fennell
Pascal Henssen
Sayil Zulhayir
Trevor Reardon
David Welch
Sal Ghozali

Table 21
Johnel Bracey
Mark Survila
Pete Singleton
Barry Carter
Anooj Sareen
Lloyd Rees
Jason Shellum
Roberto Romanello
Karl Mahrenholz

...Total 208 players, starting on 21 tables, instead of 20 as they did yesterday. Also, because someone in the cardroom screwed up the structure yesterday, they will be playing the screwed-up version today too, jumping straight to the 600/1200 level and skipping the 500/1000 level. They will most likely replay the 600/1200 level tomorrow.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 02:58:51 PM »

There have been several casualties early doors.

One of those was the imposing figure of Richard Wheatley, described by one of my colleagues as "The Andy Fordham of poker."

He raised preflop and was called by the camel, Keith Hawkins.

The flop came 2-4-4 and every street was bet until Richard moved in on the river to be called by Keith. Keith flipped over the mighty 2-4 for a flopped full house and although Richard mucked, rumour has it he held K-K.

I guess that's what you call implied odds!

Here is Richard shortle after his demise, possibly pointing to another leak from the roof, although that is yet to be confirmed.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 03:20:42 PM »

"Maybe we have the same hand?" muses gangly 'Mantis' Karl Mahrenholz before going through all the possible hands Anooj Sareen might have.

Karl then glances back down at the board.

"We could have the same hand," he adds.

Anooj, meanwhile, looks cool under pressure, his hands occupied as he slips the top card under the other and vice versa.

Karl smiles and mulls his decision further, his remaining 4,725 fanned out in front of him.

The pot's about 8k, and it's 4,725 to call, but Karl thinks he's beat and even highlights Pocket Fives as a possible hand.

The banter continues, with Karl commenting, "I'm tempted to call just out of curiosity." At one point, they even discuss a previous comp where Karl eliminated Anooj, although how that would be relevant here is a mystery.

In the end, Karl folds what I expect was a straight, only to be shown by Anooj, even though he initially claimed he wouldn't be able to show.

As fellow Hit Squadder Praz Bansi looked on, a disgruntled Karl sighed, the eyebrows twitched furiously and the game continued.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 03:22:43 PM »

Iwan Jones is another early casualty, his executioner being the exotically named Davijay Sadarangani. Details of his exit are unknown at this point in time...

-----------

Captured rising from his seat, Mark Harris is now OUT. The only guy who could give a monkeys was assassin Lalit Khajuria, his stack receiving a nice reward as his all-in pre-flop outdrew Harris' on a board.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 04:20:23 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 04:01:18 PM »

Here's a guy in red! John Wright, although possibly a contender for Vacant Starewatch, must surely be feeling pretty smug - he bet out the river of a T-T-8-2-T board and made gurning-man-in-blue Mark Friedman lay down his full house, accompanied by the sad sound of the phrase, "I'm laying down my full house." He shows a Deuce as he does so. Wright, raking in a bunch of chips, also shows a Deuce.

---------

Roberto Romanello is now OUT courtesy of Mr Magazine Barry Carter.

"I raised it up under the gun," declares Barry.

"Don't forget to tell him what you were raising with," nudges a neighbour.

"Er... I raised it up with 4-3 and received three callers, one of whom was Roberto. I flopped the wheel and checked. Roberto bet, I raised him all-in and he called with A-K. I think he had about four of five thousand at the time."

As a result, Barry is now up to 15k and Roberto Romanello is left to support his fellow countrymen from the rail. "Gutted," was the only word I could prise out of him.

Ah well, got him out the house.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 04:02:27 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 04:10:07 PM »

Chip counts of some requested and non-requested but no less important players.

First off our resident current "TV celebrity" Maria is looking a tad glum as she looks to be down to 5-6k. She can turn it round I'm sure though, plenty of time...

I had a quick word with Fran "LittleMissC" Creed, who is chirpy and seemed very happy to be 100 chips above the current average. "Nothing much going on at the moment" she revealed with a smile on her face.

Stu Rutter looked a tad pensive and looks to have lost a few chips, down to 8.5 or 9k.

David Rudling is on 9.5k at the moment.

Ditto Neil Channing, his stack sitting at a "unlikely to have been involved in too many pots of note" amount of 9.5 also.

Dan Carter has a blossoming stack of grey 100 chips, indicating he has perhaps been a little busy early on, up to 11k or so at the moment.

Praz Bansi's stack hasn't fluctuated too madly in the early stages and he looks to be on around 9,250.

Jeff Kimber has opened his attempt to win back to back GUKPTs positively and is sitting on 13-14k.

Chris Moorman is grinning a little scarily, although he looks to have lost a few chips on 8.5k or so. He is sporting a bright yellow hoody today. He defended his sartorial choice to me, saying "I needed to wake myself up!"

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 04:57:22 PM »

"I'm a card rack," declares Ariston whilst assuring me that his dirty stack is still over the 20k mark.

On the other side of the cardroom, Steve Jelinek and Neil Channing cross swords, the latter betting 3k on the Turn of a board and provoking a quickfire exchange of words.

"I can't believe you'd put in 3k without a six," thinks Steve out loud as he peers pensively into the distance.

Neil, meanwhile, covers his face animatedly and jigs up and down like a child awaiting his Christmas prezzies.

He removes his hands suddenly and asks, "What you got?"

"You've got 6-7," replies Steve, perhaps not quite understanding the question.

"Have you got anything?" inquires Neil.

"Oh I've got something," replies Steve abruptly.

"Have you got a pair?" probes Neil. "Maybe a pair with the flush draw?"

After a momentarily silence (a rarity in this hand), Steve folds a face up (one card flipped over by mistake) before Neil inquires to the identity of the other. "A King," says Steve. "King-Jack of spades." The dealer reveals the second card to confirm.

Neil smiles, his face gleaming like a school kid who's just avoided detention. "Ooooooooh," he jokes as he reveals his . "I was worried you had a bigger flush draw."

Consequently, Neil jumps up to 15k, leaving Steve with 8,1025 and his own mumbling of "I'd only committed x number of chips."

On the same table, Fran appears to have around 13k, whilst Keir Fitzgerald has 10,050. Also, Ian Gerrard has 10,250 and Clive Layton 5,225.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 04:59:22 PM »

Richard Simmonds is a recent casualty. He was ruing not moving in on the Turn after flopping two pair, his opponent calling with a flush draw before hitting on the River. "If I bet everything on the Turn he can't call," he said berating himself.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 05:03:54 PM »

For whoever was asking after Ariston, I can tell you right now that at the break he had 20k, not the result of a double-up but the happy result of winning a bunch of small pots. Says he, "I've got a very nice table. VERY nice."

Similarly Stuart Rutter during the break informed me that he was on 14k, an impressive feat seeing as "I've not had any hands. But it's probably better for me not to have any hands at this stage." Hysterical giggling followed.

Pictured with the Rutter is Ms Fran Creed and her breakfast beer. She is on 10,775.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 05:08:02 PM »

chip count for Chilli,Ariston and Woody Deck please. thanks.

Chili back to around 10k now...

She told me the story of her up and down day. "I was up to 13k then down to 8 back to 11ish, then i played a big pot with Dave Clarke in this hand."

There were multiple limpers on 50 100 and Chili raised to 700 with A-Q. Dave Clarke, one of the initial limpers now went allin for his shortish stack of 4.4k.

Chili thought about it and couldn't put him on a decent hand so she called him eventually and her bravery was rewarded as she had caught him with his trousers down round his ankles, holding the dominated, crushed hand of A-J.

Poker's a funny old game as they say though and three outs was enough for Dave as a turned J was good for the pot and Chili was back down to 5k which is when I snapped her looking glum. Fighter that she is she recently doubled back up though hitting a runner runner full house I think she said. She was giggling as she related this to me, perhaps suggesting some sort of outdraw or fiendish luck may have been involved.

Dan Carter is sharing the felt at Maria's table and as I sidled by him he was keen to attract my attention.

"Write this, write this!" he beseeched me, and told me exactly how this hand should be reported. Here we go...

DAN CARTER BLUFFS CHILI!!!!

(or thinks he does anyway)

Today, during the London GUKPT, professional curly haired poker player Dan Carter became embroiled in a crucial, destiny shaping pot with young poker celebrity Maria "chili pepper" Demetriou.

Having limped preflop with 2-2, along with several other players, Dan saw Maria raise from out of her big blind a large amount. All the other players disappeared faster than a big stack in the hands of Flushy and the two protagonists were left heads up.

The flop came down Q hi and Dan bet the flop, forcing a fold from Maria.

"I knew I could push her off her hand with position I just knew it! I bluffed Chili - hooray!!!" boasted Dan cheerily, only to find out later his 2-2 was actually the best hand, Maria having missed the flop completely with 6-8.

Make of that what you will...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 05:13:22 PM »

Liam Flood has perked up from the staring of earlier and boosted his stack to around the 14k mark, courtesy of Iwan Jones' nemesis Davijay Sadarangani.

They see a flop; that flop is and Davijay checks. Liam bets 800, and after the most medium-sized of pauses, Davijay calls.

Turn - Two Clubs - again, Davijay check-calls, 1500 from Liam this time.

River - and now Davijay bets 2k. Liam calls quickly, and Davijay mucks before Liam even turns over his .
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 05:15:56 PM »

Random Counts:

Chris "Soxy" Sokrati 8k
Ryan Fronda 7.5k
Des Jonas 8k
Chris "Watch it or I'll blind you with my hoody" Moorman 5.8k
Karl Mahrenholz 7.5k

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 05:17:53 PM »

One gent not faring so well is Jeff Kimber, currently down to under 5k. I'm told he's had some dreadful luck. Attempting to appear stoical though.

Also spotted - Rob Garfield on around 8k and cheery as ever.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: