blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:59:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 70965 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« on: March 07, 2008, 03:16:37 AM »

Wassup mi homeys, I'm shizzling mi nizzlies... gosh, I really can't pull off this street talk malarchy. Anyhow, Day 1B will be upon us tomorrow at the very same time, two of the clock. As per usual, we'll try and get our mucky mitts on the player list, but whilst it's been compiled (there are always last minute entries), feel free to shout out either (1) your support (2) a request for a specific player or (3) your joy of reading the blonde poker live updates. ((1) and (2) are optional).

Whilst I spend the night bracing myself for tomorrow's sure-to-be hot poker action (how I'll sleep any of those forty winks I'll never know), allow me to retell a quick tale from Day 1A and gauge a few reactions. Near the end of the day, I listened in on one of the tables as 'The Rockstar' John Conroy called for a ruling. Over trotted the T.D. like Manuel from Faulty Towers to be told, "A couple of hands ago I won a pot, but was short-changed by 10k. I only realised afterwards, but I'd like a ruling please." Since that mistake, John's chipped up opponent, Alessandro Meoni, had been involved in a hand. However, irrelevant of that, I think the ruling was that it was now too late. John didn't seem too pleased about that, especially when he tried to discuss it with Meoni who simply replied, "My English is not good".

Did the T.D. make the correct decision or, if everyone acknowledges the fact that a mistake was made for 10k, can those chips somehow find there way back to John?
Phantom1
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 09:54:11 AM »

Hi does anyone know if today is sold out? Was thinking of playing today but dont want to waste a 2 hour drive.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 10:08:51 AM »

john knows the rules as well as anyone and if hands have taken place before he realised that he was shortchanged then no he isn't getting the 10k. It may seem unfair but thats the way it was to be according to the rules. I would be worried by a TD who doesnt speak good english though, I know Ian is from my neck of the woods but at least he speaks english of a sort and I can understand him anyway.

Today sees the invasion of most of the northern boys, team north west includes zach, skalie, "Im definatley not coming" womble (arrived last night), myself and I would imagine plenty of others like howard plant, mick fletcher and the usual faces. Also I think a few sheep may sleep safely tonight as buzz lightyear and crew are heading over as well. I just have a feeling today may have a feel tables of doom.

ariston

better lucky than good
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 12:55:51 PM »

They have sold out, but you can be an alternate. They are allowed, by law, during the first two levels only though, which means about 8-10 will get in and 30 will want to. The lucky few will be decided by a draw made from all those that turn up hoping to get in.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 01:11:18 PM »

john knows the rules as well as anyone and if hands have taken place before he realised that he was shortchanged then no he isn't getting the 10k. It may seem unfair but thats the way it was to be according to the rules. I would be worried by a TD who doesnt speak good english though, I know Ian is from my neck of the woods but at least he speaks english of a sort and I can understand him anyway.

Today sees the invasion of most of the northern boys, team north west includes zach, skalie, "Im definatley not coming" womble (arrived last night), myself and I would imagine plenty of others like Howard Plant, Mick Fletcher and the usual faces. Also I think a few sheep may sleep safely tonight as buzz lightyear and crew are heading over as well. I just have a feeling today may have a feel tables of doom.

It was the other player who said his English wasn't good.  Not the TD.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 01:55:07 PM »

One of the best days updates ever yesterday guys tyvm, i can't wait for todays fun and games to begin... thumbs up
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 01:58:03 PM »

They have sold out, but you can be an alternate. They are allowed, by law, during the first two levels only though, which means about 8-10 will get in and 30 will want to. The lucky few will be decided by a draw made from all those that turn up hoping to get in.

Thought it was first come first served rather than a lucky draw?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 01:59:57 PM »

Can someone wish good luck to Fran and Maria plz!!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 02:01:13 PM »

Can someone wish good luck to Fran and Maria plz!!

Fran and Maria thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 02:01:19 PM »

That was very entertaining updating yesterday.  I just wanted to say that the entire team left over an hour ago and were literally blinking with excitement for Day 1B as they all headed out (not enough coffee yet).  So expect more thrilling like-you're-on-the-rail style updating any second... gl today's players. 

Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 02:01:59 PM »

Thought it was first come first served rather than a lucky draw?
I thought this too. It was first come first served for the £300 and the £500 events.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 02:03:11 PM »

Yes yes indeedy we're here, except for Snoops who seems to have got lost somewhere between Edgware Rd station and the Vic while Junglecat was buying a lighter and I was in M&S getting a fruit breakfast...

Anyway, they're just about to get started, so we're heading down there. Hopefully full player list will be with us shortly...
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 02:05:17 PM »

Yes yes indeedy we're here, except for Snoops who seems to have got lost somewhere between Edgware Rd station and the Vic while Junglecat was buying a lighter and I was in M&S getting a fruit breakfast...

Anyway, they're just about to get started, so we're heading down there. Hopefully full player list will be with us shortly...
Trust you for letting the Beagle off his leash.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 02:06:05 PM »

Hi guys, welcome back to the Vic as we await the start of day 1b.

It's a bright, sunny, crisp day outside, the neighbouring street of edgware road is filled with the classic hustle and bustle of a busy urban locale and there is bound to be plenty of action within the confines of the vic too.

Slightly concerned about Snoopy, we were separated as we traversed the busy, crowded streets approaching the Vic and it is possible he has been lured away by the mouth-watering aroma of a rogue lamb shwarma, emanating from one of the nearby kebab shops.

Nonetheless, we will press bravely on with today's update.

The starting time of 14:00 has just been breached, a prompt start as is usual for these well run GUKPT. I'm off to catch the early carnage and spy any interesting tables and combinations of players.

We're off!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 02:08:22 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 02:07:18 PM »

Good updates yesterday gang, best of luck to all the blondites playing and thanks for the well-wishes yesterday. Oh, and Jungle, i told you to tell them i drove an Aston ffs! You weasel. Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: