blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 09:00:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272877 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 65371 times)
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2008, 06:51:43 PM »

Vicky, They only reported it so we would get you to sign upto Blonde Cheesy
  to Blonde

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2008, 06:54:24 PM »

Someone just told me about this "reporting" which happened on day 1B:

"Poor old Fran is indeed OUT....Apparently then spoke up Vicky Coren, "I think that's the result we were all hoping for." Which seems a bit unnecessary. Anyway. Unlucky, Fran."

!! It's hard to know where to start really. Why on earth would I have said that??? A few hours into a three day tournament, a young woman I've never met or spoken to gets knocked out and I'm supposed to say "That's the result we were all hoping for?" Why??!! Just to be horrible?! I hope that anyone who's ever met me would know that I wouldn't say anything like that even if it was the final table and somebody's exit won me £50,000 ! But at level 3 or 4, when nobody's exit makes any difference to me one way or the other, why would *anybody* think I would say that? What am I, Satan?!
  Needless to say, of course I didn't say that! I said "Well that's not a good result". And it wasn't meant to be horrible to Steve Jellinek either - he'd just won loads of pots in a row, he was chip leader on the table, this knockout gave him lots of power, so it was just a way of showing a bit of sympathy for the woman who'd been knocked out, and a bit of banter with Steve because I didn't want him to have quite so many chips. I wouldn't have said it if losing the pot could have damaged Steve; he had a big stack already, so it was just a kind of joky thing about it being bad for us that now he had even more.
  Fran - it did seem that you were annoyed with me when you walked away and I had no idea why; I now realize you must have thought I said that too. Not at all - quite the opposite! I was sorry to see you go; I'm always sorry to see someone get knocked out, unless I've got the chips myself or (selfishly) we're on the bubble - and even then I'm sympathetic because it's always a horrible moment when your hopes get dashed. I would never cheer when I knocked someone out or anything like that. God knows I certainly wouldn't cheer when someone ELSE knocked someone out!!! I'm incredibly sorry if you thought I was being mean, but I hope you realized quite quickly that OF COURSE I wasn't - there's only a tiny handful of people in poker who'd be quite that horrible, and I'm not one of them!
  But to the person who 'reported' this... really I think perhaps you might have spoken to me before you wrote that down in public for people to read. It's a very unpleasant allegation, and even if it didn't occur to you that there must have been a misunderstanding, you should always check a quote before you attribute it to someone. It's kind of irresponsible not to.
  And Fran - sorry again if you misheard me, I really hope this clears it up, and good luck in your next tournament.

Are you upset by it victoria?

do you want me to take you to dinner to help cheer you up?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2008, 06:58:49 PM »

"Poor old Fran is indeed OUT....Apparently then spoke up Vicky Coren, "I think that's the result we were all hoping for." Which seems a bit unnecessary. Anyway. Unlucky, Fran."

!! It's hard to know where to start really. Why on earth would I have said that??? A few hours into a three day tournament, a young woman I've never met or spoken to gets knocked out and I'm supposed to say "That's the result we were all hoping for?" Why??!! Just to be horrible?! I hope that anyone who's ever met me would know that I wouldn't say anything like that even if it was the final table and somebody's exit won me £50,000 ! But at level 3 or 4, when nobody's exit makes any difference to me one way or the other, why would *anybody* think I would say that? What am I, Satan?!
  Needless to say, of course I didn't say that! I said "Well that's not a good result". And it wasn't meant to be horrible to Steve Jellinek either - he'd just won loads of pots in a row, he was chip leader on the table, this knockout gave him lots of power, so it was just a way of showing a bit of sympathy for the woman who'd been knocked out, and a bit of banter with Steve because I didn't want him to have quite so many chips. I wouldn't have said it if losing the pot could have damaged Steve; he had a big stack already, so it was just a kind of joky thing about it being bad for us that now he had even more.
  Fran - it did seem that you were annoyed with me when you walked away and I had no idea why; I now realize you must have thought I said that too. Not at all - quite the opposite! I was sorry to see you go; I'm always sorry to see someone get knocked out, unless I've got the chips myself or (selfishly) we're on the bubble - and even then I'm sympathetic because it's always a horrible moment when your hopes get dashed. I would never cheer when I knocked someone out or anything like that. God knows I certainly wouldn't cheer when someone ELSE knocked someone out!!! I'm incredibly sorry if you thought I was being mean, but I hope you realized quite quickly that OF COURSE I wasn't - there's only a tiny handful of people in poker who'd be quite that horrible, and I'm not one of them!
  But to the person who 'reported' this... really I think perhaps you might have spoken to me before you wrote that down in public for people to read. It's a very unpleasant allegation, and even if it didn't occur to you that there must have been a misunderstanding, you should always check a quote before you attribute it to someone. It's kind of irresponsible not to.
  And Fran - sorry again if you misheard me, I really hope this clears it up, and good luck in your next tournament.

Are you upset by it victoria?

do you want me to take you to dinner to help cheer you up?

lmao

trying to make the best of a bad situation???

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »

lol asa just trying to help a damsel in distress!!!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2008, 07:08:15 PM »

never anything wrong with that Wink

just gutted I didn't get the offer in first!!

littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2008, 07:14:14 PM »

if you read yesterdays thread you will see i already said i was told you didnt mean it the way it sounds.

if you felt that you needed to justify it you could have said something last night or this afternoon to my face.im over it already sorry you feel like you have been misrepresented.

no hard feelings on my part

FRAN
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2008, 07:20:07 PM »

Hello Ms Coren -

Apologies for any misreportings or misunderstandings that may have been going on. I can assure you that I spoke to a number of people just after that hand, including the unlucky lady who exited the comp at the end of it, and they all told me the same story, so I reported it exactly as it was told to me. I personally wasn't sure what was going on with that, but, as I said, it was reported to me that way, and I therefore wrote it up that way. Nothing slanderous or untoward was intended by me or I think any of the folks I spoke to, I think it's just got a bit twisted along the way somewhere. A number of people also posted after I reported that hand saying that they thought that if you had indeed said that, it was most uncharacteristic and more likely to be in connection with a pokery past between you and Steve Jelinek than any animosity towards Fran. Thanks for posting to clear it up, it is to my mind one of the many beauties of the blonde forum that everyone can freely post corrections, opinions and the like.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 07:23:24 PM by danafish » Logged
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2008, 07:28:30 PM »

An offer of a drive-thru KFC with Celtic is worth snapping up imo Vicky, don't miss out. If he cashes in Luton tomorrow you might even get a fillet burger all of your own

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2008, 07:34:50 PM »

As I headed down to the cardroom I was stopped in my tracks by the sight of Willie Tann looking more than a little glum on the rail. Willie didn't seem in the mood for a chat so I decided to leave it. However, the combination of empty seat and bulldog/wasp expression was a strong indicator that he was out.

Also spotted making an early post-dinner exit was Mark Friedman. I was only able to catch him racing towards the door, but, Brian Wilson was happy to fill me in: "He had Sevens, I had A-8, 8 on the Flop, I checked, he pushed all-in and I called."
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »

I think enough has been said about it now IMO

Chilli chip counts please

Come on maria
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2008, 07:43:03 PM »

As we approach the money, the tension has clearly become more cuttable with players taking longer on their decisions, remaining focused at all times, and refraining from involving themselves in the banter that was so prevalent earlier on. One man who can draw another breath is Piers Whyman. He was all-in with against Fabio Esposito's but somehow managed to survive a frightful board, the paired Turn bringing an extra six outs.
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2008, 07:45:34 PM »

Hello everybody...

Just back at home after a long day at work...

I'm glad to read that, Jen, Chili and El Blondie still are in.

Could we have some photos and chip counts for these 3 people please ?

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2008, 07:49:11 PM »

Fabio Esposito is now out, his water bed bursting with Pocket Threes against what looked like (the dealer mucked them too quickly) a pair of Pocket Nines or Eights. Ketul Nethwani was the sniper, but I guess Fabio is the only one steaming after that encounter.
Victoria Coren
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2008, 07:51:22 PM »

if you felt that you needed to justify it you could have said something last night or this afternoon to my face.FRAN

I had no idea about it last night. Today a friend of mine told me there was this weird post/thread on this forum - obviously I looked for you immediately to have a word about it but you weren't around. So I left a message for you with Maria. Sounds a bit like you've still got the hump with me, I honestly have no idea why, maybe I'm being dense but I can't do much more than say that you imagined me saying something that I hadn't and wouldn't.
  And no problem Dana - I'm sure you wrote it because you thought it happened, but in future I'd love it if you could check with *me* if I said something, rather than other people! People have strange agendas - normally I don't look at poker forums (I only came on here because Neil told me about it and I wanted to clear it up) and I hate the idea of any future times when people might think I've said or done something I haven't. I'd really appreciate it if you hear of me saying/doing anything horrible in future that you ask me if I have before printing it! I'm a nice person really, I promise, and I hardly ever do horrid things..... :-)
  Enough now, I'm logging off, good luck to the remaining runners & best wishes,
  VC x
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2008, 07:59:25 PM »

lmao

No worries Hun

X
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: