blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:24:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - At A Glance  (Read 18424 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2008, 10:06:58 PM »

I saw Chip Monster Anthony Phillips raise from the button only for Chili to re-pop him from the small blind. He actually picked up his chips and put them in the general region of her stack. That's the kind of respect she's getting. Cheesy

-----

Ketul makes it 15k utg, and Yilfer Shevket moves all in from the button for 111k more. Ketul folds. Yilfer now performs some kind of weird sniffing ritual I think, and then poses for the camera.

-----

A double-up for John Conroy courtesy of Mr David Rudling.

Conroy -
Rudling - Two Diamonds Two Clubs

Board -

-----

A massive pot has developed preflop so I stroll over to Jeremy Longley's table just in time to see him throw the rest of his chips in on a flop. Anthony Phillips instacalls, as he has...

Phillips -
Longley -

Turn -
River -

No flush for Mr Longley and he is therefore OUT in 29th place. Quoth he: "How many times do want Aces today?!"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 10:19:33 PM by danafish » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2008, 10:20:17 PM »

Yep Chili's doing great and we're loving it.

Jen too has just taken a step in the right direction, doubling her short stack up courtesy of a J-J v A-K flip scenario. She should be in the region of 90k now. Go Jen!

Mark Rayson was the man buttering his toast the wrong side, and he departed soon after with K-Q versus Jonathan Martin's A-J. Jonathan was actually very complimentary of how Mark had played, commending him on his performance as he left.

Jen has over 100k.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2008, 10:23:52 PM »

Spot no. 28 is now the property of Mr Thomas Dunwoodie, who shoved with Sixes, right into the grateful claws of Stewart Clutterbuck's Aces.

Says Mr Dunwoodie, laughing: "Well, I got Sixes cracked by Aces. That's not too bad, really."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2008, 10:31:24 PM »

Alessandro Meoni makes it 15k, and his hands clamp over his face. They stay there for a long time. Eventually he risks it - he takes a peek between his fingers. But Stewart Clutterbuck is still wondering whether to call. Meoni's hands clamp back on to his face.

Eventually he calls, and Meoni has to remove at least one hand in order to see the flop, and then shove. Hands return to face. Clutterbuck asks for a count (I think it's around 80k), but eventually folds. Finally Meoni's hands can be at rest...
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2008, 10:52:01 PM »

Interesting hand developed between Johnathan Martin and John Conroy.

Johnathan Martin limped UTG, and when it came round to Conroy in the SB, he raised, and found the big  blind passing. He hadn't noticed Martin's limp so exposed his cards to the BB, showing a pair of cowboys.

As Martin hadn't acted yet, the TD was called over to make a ruling.

Martin doesn't have to call the raise, but can play out the hand and Conroy can't bet throughout, was the result.

So Conroy was forced to sit there patiently and just watch to see if his kings got outdrawn.

The players saw a flop of .

"More cards please!" said Martin

TURN:  two spades

"Hit me!"

RIVER

Martin gave up at this point.."I check, it's all yours"

Conroy was livid with himself at flipping his cards. "After a stupid mistake like that, I'm gonna go one and win this tournament" was his promise to the table...

Things seem to be a little cautious at the moment, as if everyone is aware that one mistake could spell the end of their tournament so close to the final.  Jen Mason tried to take advantage of the reticence of the other players, raising to 16k, but was met by an allin behind her.

She shrugged and threw her hand away relatively quickly, but it was 16k she could ill afford to lose as she is still pretty short. Like this man though...

Click to see full-size image.

You gotta have faith.

Leo Kam has about 90k at the moment, and is also close to the brink. One double up though and everything
changes...

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 11:04:00 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2008, 11:04:20 PM »

With the aggressive Tony Phillips raising it up to 24,000, Chris Rhodes looking down at , deemed this to be the perfect opportunity to double up, and pushed all-in for a total of 56,000. Tony made the near obligatory call with Two Clubs. However, the Poker Gods are a cruel bunch, and a somewhat clinical three clubs Flop had them cackling manically from their clouds leaving poor Chris to take the high Rhode.

Chris was reflective in defeat. "Ah, never mind, I qualified through a satellite, so it's all profit."

--------

Not only have we lost hot-stepper Ini Abraham, but also former tablemate Jan Lundberg. Short and in desperate need of a double up, he pushed from the button with but was looked up in the big blind by Colin Kennedy Kennedy and his two spades. A board changed nothing and Lundberg is gone.

---------

Lloyd Rees was the man who sent Ini Abraham home. Queens v Sixes according to fellow blogger Phil, but I wasn't convinced by the 5-6-6-Q-Q board that he tried to fob me off with.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2008, 11:21:06 PM »

Another moment of we've-been-playing-up-past-our-bedtimes forgetfulness from John Conroy, when he attempts to limp from the small blind when Jonathan Martin has shoved utg. It's ruled that he can fold, but has to leave the whole 8k limp in the pot.

(By the way, Jen has acquired a giant bag of assorted mints and is being Candy Fairy to her table, so everything that takes place on Table Candy is interspersed with polite requests along the lines of, "Can I have a toffee one please?", "Could you pass a clear one over here?", "I don't like humbugs," etc.)

Martin picks out Conroy's 5k chip as he takes possession of the pot ("Can we have the sweet bag over here a minute?"). "I'm keeping that one aside," he laughs. Pipes up David Rudling, "They're writing all this down and probably saying rude things about you on the internet." Sighs a good-natured Conroy, "Justifiable rude things..."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2008, 11:26:45 PM »

Giganto-stack Tony Phillips is predictably walking all over his table in an I-have-all-the-chips bullying sort of way, raising all over the place, pushing people off pots and the like.

Jen took a decent pot off of newish tablemate Davood Mehrmand, calling his small blind raise from the big blind, both of them checking the flop and then Jen took it with a bet on the turn. She lost all the profit from that a few hands later, though, raising from the cutoff and then backing off to a re-raise from the small blind, who showed Jacks. More candy for that lady!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:48:18 PM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2008, 11:33:30 PM »

Colin Kennedy is on fire! No need for dousing though.

He bets a way-more-than-pot 40k on an two spades flop, forcing Fran Egan to eventually fold.

Then Stewart Clutterbuck bets 15k on an board, and Kennedy makes it 60k. Clutterbuck dwells for a while, and then calls. The river is the and now Clutterbuck bets 60k (most of Kennedy's stack but not, I think, quite all in); Kennedy calls with . Clutterbuck shows  and is sad. Sad
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2008, 11:37:10 PM »

Chili makes a splendid call.

John Conroy =

Maria Demetriou =

Board =

We're a Rockstar down.

-------------

Yilfer Shevket has also been disposed of, his Pocket Sixes running into the Tens of Ketul Nethwani and failing to improve. 19 left.

-------------

Here are the full chip counts prior to those exits. They're only approximates though as I had to do them quickly before too much changed, as proved by the previous two posts that occurred whilst I was accruing counts.

Yilfer Shevket -- 112k
Tony Phillips -- 530k
Maria Demetriou -- 420k
Ketul Nathwani -- 130k
Davood Mehrmand -- 232k
Darren Pearce -- 215k
Simon Wickenden -- 72k
Jen Mason -- 180k
David Rudling -- 132k
Anthony Chapman -- 148k
Steve Jelinek -- 265k
John Conroy -- 72k
Dan Samson -- 128k
Alessandro Meoni -- 95k
Lloyd Rees -- 218k
Colin Kennedy -- 275k
Marius Hogtun -- 374k
Stewart Clutterbuck -- 212k
Piers Whyman -- 147k
Fran Egan -- 140k
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2008, 11:39:49 PM »

So Chili is on fire.

She has knocked out Leo Kam, raising preflop to find the shortish stacked Kam moving in behind. His 9-9 was no match for Maria's mighty cowboys though and Maria continues her dominant march through the field, looking like she has around 400k or more, which may well be good for the chip lead at this stage.

Jen is also turning her fortunes round.  She called a push from the shortish stacked Johnathan Martin with A-4 and survived against his 5-6. A few more uncontested raises preflop (she told me she had big hands and wanted action but as we were within earshot of the rest of the table I'm not sure how honest she was being!) mean Jen now has 180k and is happy as a curved yellow fruit.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2008, 11:48:44 PM »

Meanwhile, Darren Pearce has eliminated the flat-capped legend that is Kier Fitzgibbon.

The marbles all went in preflop and Fitzgibbon's Kings held the advantage over Pearce's A-J, but Pearce's loud bellows were as good an indicator that an ace had hit the flop as the fact I could see it with my own eyes.

Here is Pearce happily sweeping up his ill-gotten gains.

Whilst the unfortunate Fitzgibbon's exit was so swift, this was the best shot I could get - with his flat cap in tow.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 11:51:27 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2008, 12:04:48 AM »

End of level 17 chip counts:

Alessandro Meoni   114500
Lloyd Rees   32400
Colin Kennedy   272500
Marius Hogtun   453100
Stewart Clutterbuck   175300
Piers Whyman   140500
Fran Egan   80500
Simon Wickenden   54300
Jen Mason   209300
David Rudling   176200
Anthony Chapman   186500
Steve Jelinek   263400
Daniel Samson   133700
Antony Phillips   552600
Maria Demetriou   489000
Ketul Nathwani   242000
Davood Mehrmand   244000
Darren Pearce   233400
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2008, 12:19:48 AM »

Double-up for Simon Wickenden, somehow getting it all in pre with against Stewart Clutterbuck's . But the gods smiled upon his not-very-good hand, giving him a board to keep him in the game.

Similar divine kindnesses fell upon Fran Egan. With most of his chips committed preflop against Marius Hogtun, he shoves the flop. Marius sort of chuckles - he has around half his chips in the pot already too. Eventually says he, "I need a King," and calls.

Marius Hogtun -
Fran Egan - the preflop David to Marius' Goliath

Turn - (OOOH!! say people around the table)
River -

And Mr Egan must be feeling Fran-tastic.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2008, 12:26:34 AM »

And fresh off of doubling up Simon Wickenden, Stewart Clutterbuck finds himself looking at a Two Diamonds flop, with David Rudling betting 25k at him. He shoves. Rudling wonders out loud whether he might have 9-2, or whether the diamonds, and calls.

Stewart Clutterbuck - 
David Rudling -

Turn -
River -

And, as Jon Raab said, it looks like Stewart has Clutterbucked it all up, and is OUT in 18th place.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: