blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:45:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - At A Glance  (Read 18477 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2008, 12:42:24 AM »

Hi Dana,

don't know if you remember me from Jen's home games. Please pass on my support to her if you get a chance.

Thanks,

Martin.

Hi Martin! Um, I hate to be the bearer of the incredibly bad news that you've just kind of bokked her, but I'm afraid it's the truth... Junglecat will be back shortly with the details...

Does it mean that Jen is out ?

I'm sad to say that this is the case.

Facing a raise to 40k, Jen re-popped to 90k, only to find David Rudling moving in behind her for the rest of her stack c 100k.

Jen hated the spot, she clearly had a hand but knew Rudling had to be big here.

Eventually, she decided too much of her stack was in the middle and made the call with A-K.

Rudling flipped over K-K and Jen tapped the table, knowing she needed to get very lucky. A board devoid of aces came and went though, the gigantic pot was shipped to David and a disappointed Jen was eliminated in 17th spot.

Congrats to David who found a big hand at the right time to shoot him up the leaderboard, but bad luck to Jen. She was giving herself a bit of a mental kicking saying she felt she had to fold, had to...but getting over 3-1 with A-K, I felt it wasn't the worst call in the world...any views on this???

Another close call in a GUKPT event, it won't be long before Jen is sat there on the final table in my opinion.

GOGOGOGO JEN - you're still a legend!!!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2008, 12:57:20 AM »

In what was a dramatic loop the loop of emotions on the poker rollercoaster, we have lost Anthony Chapman courtesy of a jubilant Dan Samson. Anthony Chapman was at it to be fair, his shortstack push with being called quicker than a hiccup by Dan Samson and his . The board, however, had more drama than an episode of Eastenders, the Flop being followed by a and a Turn and River. Dan's understandable profanity (not sure I can type fuck on here) and frustration on the Flop transformed into "Yes!" and sheer elation on the Turn in the space of a few seconds to show just how much of white knuckle ride this poker lark can be.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2008, 01:17:05 AM »

Play has now finished, with 14 players remaining.

One player who will be having a hard, and probably short, time of it tomorrow is Davood Mehrmand.

Tony Phillips raises preflop and Ketul Nathwani moves all in. In an unexpected sort of way, Davood moves in too, and Tony gets out of the way.

Davood -
Ketul - three diamonds

Board - (at which point Davood properly bellows "TENNNNS!!!")

And he is absolutely crippled, down to just 55k with the blinds at 6k/12k tomorrow. Must be the thought of that, did that to his hair...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:50:07 PM by danafish » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2008, 01:17:54 AM »

Here are the chip counts of the remaining 12 players returning tomorrow.

Tony Phillips   668000
David Rudling   546500
Maria Demetriou   470000
Ketul Nathwani   410500
Alessandro Meoni 349500
Lloyd Reece   346000
Dan Sansom   310000
Darren Pearce   294500
Steve Jelinek   258000
Colin Kennedy   243500
Marius Hogtun   144000
Fran Egan   101000
Simon Wickenden   67000
Davood Mehrmand   55500

Dana has some insights from the final few hands, but after a day packed with intrigue and excitement we are close to ready to wrapping things up.

Well done to Jen for running so deep, and superb stuff from Maria, who returns very well placed in 3rd spot and a big threat to take down this leg of the GUKPT.

I'll leave it to Dana to bring you the last few details but from me, thanks for following, I'll see all of you (no exceptions) back here tomorrow for the exciting climax to the tournament.

For now though 

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: